2021 State of Origin: Maroons

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

40 nil

It's only a game ...
Game One Squad (alphabetical order)

Jai Arrow
AJ Brimson
Kurt Capewell
Daly Cherry-Evans (c)
Xavier Coates
Tino Fa'asuamaleaui
Kyle Feldt
David Fifita
Moeaki Fotuaika
Dane Gagai
Harry Grant
Coen Hess
Valentine Holmes
Felise Kaufusi
Reed Mahoney
Cameron Munster
Joe Ofahengaue
Kalyn Ponga
Jaydn Su'A
Christian Welch

No no, which is the player who had to get out his hospital bed to be an Origin Hero ?

That too, for sure, but some player is always desperately injured and is a day by day yadda yadda yadda.

Maybe it'll be the same guy?

Which player is the designated "oh no he is injured and may not play" guy this year?
Munster is the man. Watching Fox the other night, and Vonnie reported that he was a million to one to make it. Ennis was pissing himself, and was giving it to Mal, and Cronk about the annual bullshiit qld excuses. It was pretty funny.

Even though I’m a Blues fan, I was happy Townsville got game 1. That new stadium will be packed. But more to the point, it’ll be a massive economy boost for the town. Publicans are probably still doing cartwheels, with the news.
The cops on the other hand, maybe not so much.

Apparently, Grant is fit to play & Mahoney has been released from the squad (selected for the Eels this weekend). It is a bit odd as there are now only two genuine halves & one dummy half in the squad.

Apparently, Grant is fit to play & Mahoney has been released from the squad (selected for the Eels this weekend). It is a bit odd as there are now only two genuine halves & one dummy half in the squad.

I'm happy to roll with it if it means no Ben Hunt!
Or worse, Milf!

How on earth did Felise Kaufusi get off on that tripping charge? Sure he missed him, but when you look at the footage, Kaufusi see's the Broncos player and immediately sticks his leg out in what I think was a 100% deliberate act to try and trip the guy.

And this BS about he was "only trying to get up" ... is this the WWE? Do journo's think that NRL fans really are that dumb?? Obviously the upshot is don't trust what you see with your own eyes.....

I support Qld during Origin, I won't deny that. But no way known should Kaufusi have gotten off on that one. No way in hell.

How on earth did Felise Kaufusi get off on that tripping charge? Sure he missed him, but when you look at the footage, Kaufusi see's the Broncos player and immediately sticks his leg out in what I think was a 100% deliberate act to try and trip the guy.

And this BS about he was "only trying to get up" ... is this the WWE? Do journo's think that NRL fans really are that dumb?? Obviously the upshot is don't trust what you see with your own eyes.....

I support Qld during Origin, I won't deny that. But no way known should Kaufusi have gotten off on that one. No way in hell.

I looked the the nrl.con site and it seems, like most years:

Players in line for origin... cleared
Players not in line.... not cleared.

except: Players in line for origin who do something really really really obviously bad.... think about it , then toss coin re clearing or not.

(I didn't see the incident in question... possibly like those who made the decision to clear him?)

I looked the the nrl.con site and it seems, like most years:

Players in line for origin... cleared
Players not in line.... not cleared.

except: Players in line for origin who do something really really really obviously bad.... think about it , then toss coin re clearing or not.

(I didn't see the incident in question... possibly like those who made the decision to clear him?)

So essentially, Victor Radley is this years sacrificial lamb so to speak showing that they are being "fair".

And as to the Kaufusi incident, just watch the highlights of the Broncos vs Storm game. For mine it was cleat cut. A 100% attempt at a trip. If this was 5 or 6 weeks ago or sometime after Origin ... he'd have been suspended for sure.

Queenslander !!!​

5. Valentine Holmes. Moved from the wing to fullback following the forced withdrawal of Kalyn Ponga. An automatic selection for Queensland before his NFL sojourn, Holmes has hit peak form at fullback in the Cowboys' recent winning run. Has a stunning nine tries in seven Origin appearances, failing to score just once in those seven games.
2. Xavier Coates. Has been impressive on Brisbane's right flank. The towering 20-year-old has eight tries this year and scored in both his Origin appearances last year.
3. Kurt Capewell. The Panthers back-rower had a whirlwind debut Origin series last year and was one of Queensland's best from centre in the game-one win. Comes in fresh off a one-game suspension having produced his best game of the season against Souths in round 11 with 164 metres and a try.
4. Dane Gagai. A Wally Lewis medallist from the wing in 2017, Gagai never fails to bring his best when it comes to Origin. This will be Gagai's second Origin series as a centre and comes in off a game-breaking hat-trick outing against the Eels.
18. Kyle Feldt. With Valentine Holmes moving the fullback to replace Ponga, the giant Cowboys winger gets a start. Watch for Queensland to utilise his aerial skills.
6. Cameron Munster. Another under an injury cloud, Munster hasn't played since round nine due to a foot injury but has been declared available by Storm medicos. Produced one of Origin's great performances in last year's decider to seal a stunning Queensland upset series win.
7. Daly Cherry-Evans. The Queensland captain was as inspirational as his halves partner last year and has found his best form with Manly of late. Trails only Cleary this year for kick metres with 4674 in 12 games and leads all comers for 40/20 kicks with three this season.
8. Christian Welch. The Storm big man sat out his side's round-12 win over Brisbane with knee soreness but is not in doubt for Origin I. One of the form props of the competition, Welch's 32 offloads are the second-most in the NRL this year.
9. Harry Grant. Has declared himself fit to play and prepared to play big minutes despite a hamstring strain keeping him off the field since round nine. Makes more metres per game (92), equal with clubmate Brandon Smith, and has five try assists in as many games this year.
10. Tino Fa'asuamaleaui. The Titans firebrand was a key plank of the Maroons' upset last year and had a memorable running battle with Payne Haas. The two will no doubt look to renew their rivalry with Fa'asuamaleaui's aggressive running game (143 average metres and 25 busts) a feature of his play for Gold Coast this year.
11. Felise Kaufusi. The Storm back-rower successfully beat his tripping charge at the judiciary on Tuesday night and is available for game one. Played every minute of last year's series and helps marshal one of the most impregnable right edges in the NRL at Melbourne.
12. David Fifita. The Gold Coast wrecking ball missed last year's series with injury but has been dynamic this year, with his 78 busts the most of any player this year and easily the most of any forward. His 28 offloads are the third most in the NRL through 12 rounds.
13. Jai Arrow. The Rabbitohs lock took to Origin like a duck to water in his 2018 debut and he ruffled some blue feathers with his rough treatment of James Tedesco last year. This will be his first Origin start in his preferred lock role after five bench starts and two at prop so far.
14. AJ Brimson. Yet another Maroon battling injury, the Titans fullback hobbled off in round 12 with knee bruising but has said he is in no doubt for Origin I. Had a lightning debut with a try in the upset game one win last year before joining the Maroons injury curse and missing the rest of the series.
15. Jaydn Su'A. Played all three Origins last year and started this year strongly before being dropped by Souths coach Wayne Bennett last week in a host of changes following the Penrith loss. One of the game's real hit-men, his physicality on an edge will keep the Blues halves on notice.
16. Moeaki Fotuaika. The Titans bench weapon has been churning through mammoth numbers of late. His 156 metres per game is fifth-best among all middle forwards and his 10.6 metres per hit-up is third best among middle forwards.
17. Joe Ofahengaue. The former Bronco paid the price for a drop-off in form at Brisbane last year, losing his Origin spot. Has fought back admirably at new club the Wests Tigers this year, finding a home in the No.13 jersey and returning to the Origin arena.
19. Reed Mahoney. Unlucky not to be in the 17, the in-form Eels hooker will come straight in if any of Ponga, Brimson or Grant fail to prove their fitness. His ball-playing has improved dramatically with 10 try-assists in 2021.
20. Coen Hess. Will push onto the bench if Kaufusi fails to overturn a tripping charge. Struggled for form last year but has a new lease on life as a middle forward under Todd Payten, upping his work-rate with reduced minutes and helping his team win five of seven matches since his move to the middle.

The 2021 series will be once again won by sheer Spirit and Resilience
And once again the Superior Spirited and Resilient Maroon team will prevail
Queenslander !!!
Queenslander !!!
Queenslander !!!
Queenslander !!!
20210526_095307.jpg

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4