2022 Rumoured and confirmed signings (NON-DISCUSSION THREAD).

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Connor Watson has made a decision on his playing future.

The in-demand utility has rejected a contract extension at Newcastle and will instead re-join the Roosters from next year.

Watson had a host of clubs after him but in the end it was left to a choice of two – stay at Newcastle or return to the Roosters where he made his debut.

Kikau slams Dragons connection as ‘fake news’ as Red V table deal for Suli

Panthers star Viliame Kikau has slammed reports linking him to the Dragons as “fake news”, saying he has no desire to listen to offers from other clubs as he focuses on Penrith’s premiership tilt.

The back-rower is off contract at the end of 2022 and has been linked with St George Illawarra this week.

Penrith have re-signed a number of star players, such as Nathan Cleary, Jarome Luai, Isaah Yeo, Stephen Crichton and James Fisher-Harris. However, the club is yet to confirm whether Kikau is a part of their future plans.
Despite the uncertainty about his future, Kikau was quick to shut down speculation of a potential move to the Dragons on Wednesday.

“I’m just not sure where all this news is popping up from,” he said. “I think all of that is fake news.
“This club gave me the opportunity to play on the big stage in the NRL, it’s where I made my debut. I’d love to stay for the rest of my career but, as you know, rugby league is a business you just never know what will happen.
“But, for me, I’d love to stay at Penrith.”
Asked whether he would be open to hearing offers from other clubs, Kikau offered a simple answer: “No.

“That’s probably my answer for now,” he said. “I’m just focusing on the Panthers,”

During the Origin series, coach Ivan Cleary asked Kikau to lead the Panthers with seven of their star players out.

Meanwhile, St George Illawarra have tabled Moses Suli a three-year deal after Manly granted the Tongan centre permission to speak to rival clubs.

The Dragons are seeking to bolster their back line and have tabled Suli an offer in excess of $500,000 a season.

The 23-year-old has struggled to break into the Sea Eagles starting side, stuck behind form three-quarters Morgan Harper and Brad Parker.

Suli came on to replace Parker after he was concussed in the win over the Eels, scoring two tries virtually untouched late in the game.

He has been named to start against Canberra after Parker was given time to fully recover from the head knock.

Suli has shown glimpses of the form that resulted in him signing a seven-figure contract before he had even played first grade. After ill-fated stints at the Tigers and Bulldogs, Suli has shown what he is capable of during 61 first-grade appearances for the Sea Eagles.

However, he is frustrated by his lack of recent opportunity and Sea Eagles officials, knowing they also have a representative centre in Dylan Walker, are likely to release him to pursue another opportunity.
The Dragons have just signed Moses Mbye from next year and are confident that Suli will be another key recruit for Griffin.

The Sydney Morning Herald reports that Pearce has been put forward as a potential halves option alongside Luke Brooks at the Tigers.

The Tigers are not the only interested party though with Fox League’s James Hooper reporting on Triple M on Sunday the Bulldogs are having “conversations” about Pearce.

“Canterbury have quietly been having conversations about possibly having a play for Mitchell Pearce next season,” he said.

The Knights though are adamant Pearce will see out his contract and the Tigers have said likewise about Brooks.

Sydney Roosters centre Josh Morris will call time on his illustrious 16-year NRL career at the end of the season.

Morris’ retirement will mark the end of an era for his famous football family, whose rugby league legacy has spanned 42 years, starting back in 1979 when father Steve made his debut for the St George Dragons. Brother Brett Morris announced his retirement earlier this year after a serious knee injury ended his 2021 season.

Out-of-contract Bulldogs halfback Lachlan Lewis will be fined and told there is no guarantee he will have his next NRL contract registered when he is sanctioned for allegedly stealing club property and attempting to sell it on Ebay.

Lewis is the subject of an Integrity Unit investigation over the matter, with the NRL expected to hand down its findings today.

Daly Cherry-Evans has ruled out returning to Queensland to lead Brisbane’s proposed new expansion club as the Maroons and Manly skipper outlined his dream to engineer another Sea Eagles premiership.

Cherry-Evans backed the NRL’s plans for a 17-team competition and as Queensland captain, ‘DCE’ would be a prime target to spearhead a new Brisbane club to co-exist with the Broncos and finish his career on home soil.

But in the lead-up to Manly’s opening finals clash against Melbourne this Friday night at Sunshine Coast Stadium, Cherry-Evans is determined to be a Sea Eagle for life.

-Daily Telegraph

Former Maroons legends Billy Slater, Cameron Smith and Johnathan Thurston are expected to be considered for coaching roles with Queensland after Paul Green told officials he wanted to pursue an NRL job.

The Maroons are understood to be hoping to make a quick decision on their fourth State of Origin coach in as many seasons after deciding they wanted someone who could make a long-term commitment to the role.

nrl.com

Winger Jordan Pereira will join the Brisbane Broncos from 2022 onwards.
The strong finisher with 38 NRL games to his name becomes a Bronco on a two-year contract to the end of the 2023 season.

The 28-year-old joins the Broncos from the Dragons where he made his debut in 2018 before going on to play two finals games that season, including a victory over Brisbane at Suncorp Stadium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4