2021 backline

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jacko2712

I apologise in advance if this is already a forum.

The news about the Garrick for Saab trade has got me very excited. Finally, after many years of watching young tall athletic wingers jumping above Jorge and co we finally have our own. Add to this the exciting arrival of Harper, Funa and Hoppa (who despite not setting the world on fire yet definitely has the potential to) Des has quite a tough decision to make next year. These are the players for each position in my opinion.

FB: Tommy, Funa, Hoppa
Wingers: Hoppa, Saab, Funa, Jorge
Centres: Harper, Parker, Suli, Walker, Burbo
5/8: Walker, Schuster, Cust
Half back: Chezza

Although a lot of these players are yet to show if they can consistency show up week in week out there is a lot to be excited about.

What would be the best backline to start with assuming no injuries next year?

(P.S. I am going to not think about goal kicking because the thought of Chezza or Walker being our first choice gives me nightmares)

Tom T
Saab
Suli
Harper
Funa
Schuster
DCE
I’d have Walker in the 14 jersey......
Also depends what the Foran outcome will be? What the Fainu outcome will be? So many scenarios to be considered.
Left field (Walker at 14 that is.) But could be a master stroke.

Its going to be a tight squeeze.
Full back: Turbo. Case closed unless he moves to centre (Hopa to cover)
wings. Saab, Hopa, Funa
Centre: Walker, Harper, Funa, Suli (Parker only if he is linked with a speedster)
5/8: Schuster (Walker to cover)
Half: DCE (Cust to cover but also half of hooking spot)

Much stronger looking than last few years

1. Turbo
2. Saab
3. Suli
4. Walker
5. Harper
6. Schuster
7. DCE

forwards
13. Jake
12. Sironen
11. Okalatu
10. Paseka
9. Fainu ( PLease )
8. AFB

bench
14. Levi
15. Marty
16. Keppie
17. Jack or Parkert

I'm obviously a bit more progressive, or should that be 'adventurist'?
Turbo
Saab
Harper
Tyfuna
Hoppa Jnr
The Shoe
DCE

That is a young, fast and potentially cracker of a backline which follows the successful strategy employed by the current 'Riff backline. Youth and speed = points.
I have long believed Walker is overrated and Suli is a forward playing as a back. Both have had plenty of chances to shine and I don't believe either has done so consistently. I honestly can't see why Suli -- if he is not traded elsewhere -- shouldn't be converted into a second rower. He has the power and sufficient pace to be in the mould of Tomolooloo and Papa-Lee.

I'm going to hold off a few weeks and see how out new youngins go against the Tits and Warriors before getting . Too carried away with 21 backline
At this stage
Turbo
Funa
Walker
Harper
Garrick / Hoppa
Shoe of Foran
DCE

Of the 20 backline
Suli is injured won't start
Jorge injured won't start
Parker to 2nd row or bench
Cust to Hooker / 14

I apologise in advance if this is already a forum.

The news about the Garrick for Saab trade has got me very excited. Finally, after many years of watching young tall athletic wingers jumping above Jorge and co we finally have our own. Add to this the exciting arrival of Harper, Funa and Hoppa (who despite not setting the world on fire yet definitely has the potential to) Des has quite a tough decision to make next year. These are the players for each position in my opinion.

FB: Tommy, Funa, Hoppa
Wingers: Hoppa, Saab, Funa, Jorge
Centres: Harper, Parker, Suli, Walker, Burbo
5/8: Walker, Schuster, Cust
Half back: Chezza

Although a lot of these players are yet to show if they can consistency show up week in week out there is a lot to be excited about.

What would be the best backline to start with assuming no injuries next year?

(P.S. I am going to not think about goal kicking because the thought of Chezza or Walker being our first choice gives me nightmares)
Looks good feathered friend
Injury free we can fly high once again !

Dragons Finally Set To Grant Saab Release In Sea Eagles Swap Deal, Report

The stand-off between Jason Saab and St George Illawarra appears set to end in a swap deal involving another Dragons junior.

As first reported by The Daily Telegraph, Saab looks likely to join the Manly Sea Eagles in 2021 for the next three seasons.

In exchange, Sea Eagles winger and Dragons junior Reuben Garrick will reportedly return to Wollongong.

Saab, who is among the tallest players in the NRL at 1.99m, has repeatedly requested and been denied a release from the Red V in recent months.

The highly-rated 19-year-old played three games for the Dragons in 2019 after making his NRL debut in Round 19 against South Sydney.

He has managed four more appearances this season but has not been sighted in the Dragons squad since the Round 11 loss to Cronulla.

Saab is contracted to the Red V until the end of 2022.

While it is understood the winger is frustrated by his continued absence from the Dragons’ starting side, he has told management his commute from western Sydney to Wollongong is the reason he wants out of his deal.

Dragons CEO Ryan Webb last month told club members the club would not release Saab unless they could secure a player of equal value or cash compensation.

Garrick has been a revelation for the Sea Eagles since making his NRL debut in Round 1 of the 2019 season.

The 23-year-old has played all 16 games this season to take his career tally to 42 first-grade appearances after failing to reach the top grade at the Dragons.

He is currently contracted to the Sea Eagles until the end of the 2021 season.

1599888257772.gif

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4