[Resurrected] 2021+ On & Off Season Misdemeanors

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
“Blake Ferguson, a contract player belonging to NEC Green Rockets Tokatsu, was arrested on December 30 on suspicion of possessing illegal drugs,” said a club statement.

“We deeply apologize for causing a great deal of concern and inconvenience to everyone involved.

“Our team fully cooperates with the police investigation and strives to understand the situation.”

The former Kangaroos and NSW Origin star was arrested by Tokyo Metropolitan police and accompanied to Azabu police station on suspicion of assaulting a man at a restaurant in Roppongi, Minato-ku.

It was there that Ferguson was searched and allegedly found to be in possession of cocaine.

Drug possession is seen as a serious offence in Japan with punishments including up to five years imprisonment."

Nothing to see here.

Some 5ft Japanese guy picked on 6.4 Fergo.
Then planted coke on Fergo in between his head smashing into Fergos fists.

Charges dropped >:)

Possession of drugs here in Japan is definitely not something that will be brushed under the carpet. Would expect that NEC have already started tearing up the contract and likely to be deported quick smart after his trial.
Can probably count himself lucky that NEC will take their duty of care quite seriously and will organize for Blake to stay out of prison while going through the system. That being said, I cannot see NEC showing any sympathy once the matter is concluded.

Possession of drugs here in Japan is definitely not something that will be brushed under the carpet. Would expect that NEC have already started tearing up the contract and likely to be deported quick smart after his trial.
Can probably count himself lucky that NEC will take their duty of care quite seriously and will organize for Blake to stay out of prison while going through the system. That being said, I cannot see NEC showing any sympathy once the matter is concluded.
Thanks for your insight TE. I am forever amazed at the extent of the Sea Eagles family :)

I think that is how it will play out. As a rugby tragic I recall George Smith roughed up a taxi driver in Japan and was in prison for a fortnight ... club got him out of jail then ripped up his contract and sent back to Australia ASAP. This was over a taxi fare, I wonder how long Fergusson will remain behind jail for assault / possession. His boxing lessons from his cousin Choc may come in handy after all

The last country you’d want to be busted for drugs in. The Japs don’t Fuuck around. Wouldn’t surprise me to see him do some time.

Some more blurb...

I wonder if the embassy actually wants to assist him...gives them something to do I guess. Anyway:

Australian embassy officials in Japan are assisting Blake Ferguson in custody after the former NRL star was arrested by Tokyo police for alleged cocaine possession last week.

Ferguson’s rugby career is over before it even began, but his problems may stretch further than his future in the 15-man code, given the ‘zero tolerance’ attitude to drugs in Japan that has seen prosecutors push for prison sentences for other rugby players caught with cocaine in recent years.

Travellers are advised that under Japanese law, people can be held behind bars for 23 days without outside contact, beyond a lawyer and their embassy, when charged with drug offences.

Drug possession charges for substances such as cocaine and marijuana can carry prison sentences of up to five years in Japan. But it is also common for judges to hand down suspended sentences.

Drug possession charges for substances such as cocaine and marijuana can carry prison sentences of up to five years in Japan. But it is also common for judges to hand down suspended sentences....
or if the Judge is particularly cruel:
sentencing Ferguson to return to play for Doesn'tmatta!

Everyone should research new countries before entering. Even Paul McCartney spent 9 days in a Japanese prison in 1980 carrying a half pound of weed - his celeb status saved him.

Ferguson was a very good player & a reasonably likeable person, but like many professional footballers, he is his own worst enemy. At the very least, his professional sporting career is over. I don't like to be unkind, but I hope he has enough spare money to finally have his nose straightened.

Is there anyway coke could find a path through that nasal passage of his ??
SmartSelect_20220102-125136_Samsung Internet.jpg

Drug possession charges for substances such as cocaine and marijuana can carry prison sentences of up to five years in Japan. But it is also common for judges to hand down suspended sentences....
or if the Judge is particularly cruel:
sentencing Ferguson to return to play for Doesn'tmatta!
Or worse the Bulldogs in reserve grade.

Everyone should research new countries before entering. Even Paul McCartney spent 9 days in a Japanese prison in 1980 carrying a half pound of weed - his celeb status saved him.

Ferguson was a very good player & a reasonably likeable person, but like many professional footballers, he is his own worst enemy. At the very least, his professional sporting career is over. I don't like to be unkind, but I hope he has enough spare money to finally have his nose straightened.

Pro surfer Robbie Page has a worse experience:
Rob Page – Big in Japan
In 1992 Robbie Page spent a total of 66 days in a Japanese prison after customs found a single tab of acid in his wallet. Of those 66 days, 30 of them were spent in solitary confinement. He later said ““I once asked my mum when I came out of Japanese prison for possession of LSD, I asked her, how come I ended up in there? And she said, oh, it’s simple. You lost appreciation for the fundamental values of life.” Or he was still tripping and had simply forgot it was in his wallet.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4