[Resurrected] 2021+ On & Off Season Misdemeanors

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If true, don't you love the "don't you know who I am" attitude.

Mate, you're a footy player ?
Adam O’Brien the Oldcastle (and former Goosters’ assistant) coach had a similar ‘don’t you know who I am?’ incident at the races some time ago.

No Adam. Unlike Tedesco, nobody knows you, figuratively speaking. If they do, it’s only because of some of your dubious tactics to win games against more accomplished opponents.

I guess we'll learn if this incident is investigation worthy? Squid Game is a Korean drama which has a couple of young female actresses. Maybe Tedesco remarked that the woman looked like one of them?
Maybe. Although this version has a certain 'ring of truth to it':

Trinh claims Tedesco approached while she was outside the hotel with a friend waiting for a lift home early on Thursday morning and said “squid games” to her before laughing with his group.

Trinh claimed she stood behind her friend who challenged Tedesco about the comment, before the Roosters captain allegedly laughed and asked the women whether they knew who he was.

“It was a group of about ten footy boys, and I was pretty intimidated. It felt pretty bad being laughed at,” Trinh said. “A 20-year-old tiny girl, waiting for a lift home and you have a bunch of guys come up to you and laugh at you for being Asian.

“It was definitely him, no doubt, and the comment was undeniably directed at me, the intent was clear.”

Trinh said she originally laughed off the incident and shared the story with friends and her sister, who encouraged her to take the incident more seriously.

“All the fans idolise him, have posters of him. You can’t just let that slide,” she said.

Social Media is the enemy for all players these days and unfortunately many seem to struggle with it and to realise the potential ramifications of it both in reputation and potential financial benefits (sponsors etc.)

Whether it be them posting when drunk, posting wrongly, illegally posting, maybe someone else posting who has seen them in a compromising situation, or someone who thinks they need to be ‘outed’, for what is perceived as inappropriate behaviour whether it be the person offended, or someone else. It’s just BS to put yourself in that position to be exploited.

Until recently, we never had social media, so very few incidents were ever reported (and there would have been heaps) and most of the Top 200 players are earning way in excess of the average salary, so is it the ‘Tall Poppy Syndrome’?

Maybe!

However, the players need to know that they are in the Spotlight 24/7 and there will always be someone looking for an opportunity to be famous and ‘take a shot’ , let alone they take their own shots.

Education is the key, however it rarely works when it’s alcohol (or drug) infused and that can change the entire mood or confidence in posting or behaviour.

I admit I have been ‘Guilty your Honour’ when I was their age for alcohol at 21, but not drugs.

Yes, drunk and disorderly at 21 years of age! It was my 21st birthday and for whatever reason after a huge skull, I decided to take the dare of mates and run up Mona Vale Road naked (in the 70’s) to see how far I could get without being caught. I was a rugby player at the time and we were in season and I think I got up to about Powderworks Rd, with cars following and horns blazing, before the cops stopped me. They must have been coming the other way, as it was late at night and they couldn’t have passed going up the hill on double yellow lines.

Unfortunately I can’t remember too much of it, as I think I was almost paralytic for the last 2km and just stumbling. So, yes, we can all do stupid things.

The players are celebrities in reality and role models for kids, and they are privileged to be earning what they are. While I wasn’t a celebrity of any note as the players are today, it would have been front page.

This Tedesco one is really a mountain out of a molehill, at most the guy is a tool if he said it. But who didn't already know that?

This Tedesco one is really a mountain out of a molehill, at most the guy is a tool if he said it. But who didn't already know that?
He's not a tool he's clearly a respected bloke in the game and I can't think of any other time he's been criticised during 10 years in the spotlight of NRL.
The point is not whether he's a tool or even whether he's a card carrying Nazi (presumably he's not!)
The point is, is it wrong and racist to make someone feel bad or intimidated based on their race?
Obviously yes.
If it happened the way the woman described it James could simply say I'm sorry, I didn't realise at the time it would be so upsetting, this incident has reminded me there are many different races in the world and they aren't all dealt with equally but I think they should be.
Racism is so pervasive in our culture that I don't blame anyone for thoughtless slip-ups - until it is pointed out to them and they deny it.

Did this incident even happen? I wasn't there but it seems totally plausible that it happened, and totally plausible that Joke Kelly and the Chooks quickly circled the wagons and denied it.
Personally I like Tedesco as a player so I'd far prefer to see a more credible investigation than what Joke came up with, Teddy's good name deserves that. And if he was in the wrong he deserves a chance to simply say sorry. If he publicly learns a small lesson then that could amount to a big lesson for many 1000s of kids who rightfully admire the guy.

My two cents!

I admit I have been ‘Guilty your Honour’ when I was their age for alcohol at 21, but not drugs.

Yes, drunk and disorderly at 21 years of age! It was my 21st birthday and for whatever reason after a huge skull, I decided to take the dare of mates and run up Mona Vale Road naked (in the 70’s) to see how far I could get without being caught. I was a rugby player at the time and we were in season and I think I got up to about Powderworks Rd, with cars following and horns blazing, before the cops stopped me. They must have been coming the other way, as it was late at night and they couldn’t have passed going up the hill on double yellow lines.

Unfortunately I can’t remember too much of it, as I think I was almost paralytic for the last 2km and just stumbling. So, yes, we can all do stupid things.
:rolleyes: boys will be boys lol

That's a fair effort getting to Powderworks road pissed & starkers if (as I presume), you started at Pittwater road?
It sure is! I think @rmd would've more likely run up the Mona Vale Road big hill from the cemetery. From Pittwater Rd is a bit far-fetched. Even starting at the cemetery, running up to Powderworks Rd it's a wonder he didn't end up in the cemetery after that run (though being young and drunk I guess anything's possible)!

He's not a tool he's clearly a respected bloke in the game and I can't think of any other time he's been criticised during 10 years in the spotlight of NRL.
The point is not whether he's a tool or even whether he's a card carrying Nazi (presumably he's not!)
The point is, is it wrong and racist to make someone feel bad or intimidated based on their race?
Obviously yes.
If it happened the way the woman described it James could simply say I'm sorry, I didn't realise at the time it would be so upsetting, this incident has reminded me there are many different races in the world and they aren't all dealt with equally but I think they should be.
Racism is so pervasive in our culture that I don't blame anyone for thoughtless slip-ups - until it is pointed out to them and they deny it.

Did this incident even happen? I wasn't there but it seems totally plausible that it happened, and totally plausible that Joke Kelly and the Chooks quickly circled the wagons and denied it.
Personally I like Tedesco as a player so I'd far prefer to see a more credible investigation than what Joke came up with, Teddy's good name deserves that. And if he was in the wrong he deserves a chance to simply say sorry. If he publicly learns a small lesson then that could amount to a big lesson for many 1000s of kids who rightfully admire the guy.

My two cents!
I think the word "tool" is more severe an insult in your vocabulary than it is mine.

I think the word "tool" is more severe an insult in your vocabulary than it is mine.

Doesn’t it mean he is the type of bloke who would play for the Sydney Tools? Pretty insulting if you ask me.

1635269456519.jpeg

Very surprised that none of this alleged exchange was caught on camera. Hard to believe nobody pulled out a phone…
I thought the same thing too but from the perspective of the pub's CCTV.
Sure we wouldn't hear what was said but the behaviour, body language and proximity of Tedesco and co to the young lady may carry some weight to the story.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4