[Resurrected] 2021+ On & Off Season Misdemeanors

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
guess that there is no general protocols for premiership celebrations , especially in a high profile sport but disrespect and tasteless jibes towards a defeated opposition should be off limits . Still have a pretty dim view of Alfie Langer's smug jibe against the Dragons in the early 90 's G F . In some of the Panther "s post G F questionable conduct , just seems to be a continuation of their sense of entitlement when they stopped play against the Eels in that qualifying recent final and the smugness that seemed apparent even earlier in the season and then continued . Then apparently some of Nathan Clearly "s mates defying safety border measures with false documentation to get to the G F . Winners deserve to be grinners but with some sense or example of grace and sensible manner

Oh well...difference of opinion. It's not like they're the Beatles. They're a football club from Western Sydney and most of the world's population don't give a **** so pull ya head in.

Drunken messages? one of the guys was convicted of a serious offence and avoided jail time by the skin of his teeth...I wonder if his victim will forgive his drunken finger pointing at everyone else?!
They ain't the Beatles all right. One of the biggest drug taking - drug-promoting bands of all time. There are a lot of classy types sitting in her majesty's prisons around the world too. Mainly for swindling their victims out of millions of dollars of their hard earned cash. But at least they speak and present well while doing it.

When the storm or roosters won how much did we see on social media apart from the sheds after the game?

My guess this is about par with what goes on….except they have their phones with them which seems to be a mistake from the club
That’s all how a club should manage things, you want to party do drugs, bring girls in for group sex , go for it , but give us your ****ing devices , and anyone coming into the inner sanctum leaves their device at the front door.

The first rule of NRL....put your phones away.

The second rule of NRL.....PUT YOUR PHONES AWAY!!!

Oh well...difference of opinion. It's not like they're the Beatles. They're a football club from Western Sydney and most of the world's population don't give a **** so pull ya head in.

Drunken messages? one of the guys was convicted of a serious offence and avoided jail time by the skin of his teeth...I wonder if his victim will forgive his drunken finger pointing at everyone else?!
Gronks,no class,scum,tall poppies that needed to be cut down.....nice you think you are so full of class lol.....
Referencing the Beatles is pretty random,who gives a toss about the Beatles?.....pull your head in mate,explain what part was brilliant journalism,sounds more like whining sour grapes.
I agree with you about May,the rest of it is just overreacting from muppets.
Maybe the rest of the world doesn't care,but they seem to be living rent free in your head.

Last edited:
Dignity and respect are in short supply in the world.....
Like wheeling the broken Provan Summons statues around in a pram? Or mocking the defeated side’s team song? Or jumping on Twitter to remind us all of the dirt we threw? Or breaching bio security laws to have ya roommate attend the game and sit with ya family?!

Last edited:
Like wheeling the broken Provan Summons statues around in a pram? Or mocking the defeated side’s team song? Or jumping on Twitter to remind us all of the dirt we threw? Or breaching bio security laws to have ya roommate attend the game and sit with ya family?!
Again it has gone over your head,I was not talking about the Panthers,I was talking about posters here,worry about your own backyard before others.....lowering yourself to others standards reflects more on you than other people.....
I could be wrong but I think that might be what dignity and class means......respect is earned though I guess.

Still not as bad as the storm, who celebrate the 10 years of " winning" the grand final they had stripped.
And the NRL allow it

I've mentioned before that a lot of the riff team grew up in poverty and I would think that they have never been taught how to be role models and leaders.

I like the Tau The Ching philosophy of never celebrate your opponents loss myself. But I am not the Panthers

Last edited:
Again it has gone over your head,I was not talking about the Panthers,I was talking about posters here,worry about your own backyard before others.....lowering yourself to others standards reflects more on you than other people.....
I could be wrong but I think that might be what dignity and class means......respect is earned though I guess.
You've alluded and stated directly in a number of posts that you are OK with the Penrith celebrations (outside of May's behaviour) and I just found it ironic that you would mention respect and dignity, whilst turning a blind eye to Penrith's complete lack of respect and dignity. The other troubling aspect of May's actions are the support he received from his teammates. Rather than pull him aside and straighten him out, they liked his post and flowered him with messages of support.

Anyway, no point arguing about it. It is what is. All good Joe!

I've mentioned before that a lot of the riff team grew up in poverty and I would think that they have never been taught how to be role models and leaders.
In my experience people in poor communities often have higher standards of respect and humility.
I worked for several years at Mt Druitt where a few of those Riff guys come from, it's a tough area with a lot of unemployment as well as cultural diversity. Growing up as footy stars out that way probably meant they were always subject f plenty of lionising so no surprise if some of them are pretty cocky.

But from what I've heard of the celebrations there's nothing particularly over-the-top, aside from Tyrone May being a dickhead.

Cleary of course hasn't come from a deprived background, he's grown up as the son of an NRL coach, still seems a decent kid although has shown a sense of entitlement on more than one occasion.

By the way the NRL should making the trophy a bit more sturdy.

As for Kent saying a post-footy career in lifting something awaits Kikau - I don't see that as a slur on those intelligent and respectable folks who do heavy lifting (and I met plenty of them as I spent 13 years doing that myself) it's just an obvious insult to Kikau that he must be too dumb to get any qualifications. Fact is you don't need much qualifications for that work!

But from what I've heard of the celebrations there's nothing particularly over-the-top, aside from Tyrone May being a dickhead.
There's more to it than meets the eye.

When May came out with his 'dirt' remark, he recieved multiple likes and messages of support from his teammates; yuk!

The trophy did indeed break; how? we don't know. But once broken, they put the statues in a pram, took a photo and captioned it with "Goo goo gaga"...pretty disrespectful. Thus, comparisons to it to falling off the back of a ute at a street parade are a little off the mark.

Cleary has form with COVID breaches. Now, we learn his roommate travelled to QLD (not Cleary's fault) and was seated in the reserved area with Nathan's family?! Huge coincidence!

As for singing Glory Glory, hardly the crime of century but someone had to be the defeated side for Penrith to win...how bout winning with a bit of humility?! Word has it, Panthers took exception to being mocked by Melbourne the year before, yet here they are dishing it out. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

At the end of day, none of it is a shock but it's just more crap from idiot footballers...i've seen enough of it over the years to last a lifetime.

You've alluded and stated directly in a number of posts that you are OK with the Penrith celebrations (outside of May's behaviour) and I just found it ironic that you would mention respect and dignity, whilst turning a blind eye to Penrith's complete lack of respect and dignity. The other troubling aspect of May's actions are the support he received from his teammates. Rather than pull him aside and straighten him out, they liked his post and flowered him with messages of support.

Anyway, no point arguing about it. It is what is. All good Joe!
No worries,we all view it differently,I just don't get on my high horse if I don't act any differently than from what I am criticizing.Pot and kettle black and all that.....Anyway...I feel that this is going to be a loooooong offseason.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4