[Resurrected] 2021+ On & Off Season Misdemeanors

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I really hate how normalized drugs have become, it's quite sad. Especially with the rise in the use of fentanyl in so many of them

In my day it would be embarrassing to be a druggie, filthy scum.

Their celebrations are some of the poorest I've witnessed...they're carrying on a like a bunch of gronks. No class...I guess a fair few of them do come from Mt Druitt and Doonside so it's to be expected. The way they carry on out on the field seems to transcend to their carry on off the field. Like... Kikau singing Glory Glory, etc. Ever heard of winning gracefully?

Morons.
There was a good price on Crichton, how he slept in a room with ten others until he was 17, comes from extremely poor family. Apparently many stories like this in the squad.
I don't care if they don't celebrate in the most satisfactory manor. Nobody has taught them how to.

Melbourne nearly sacked Munster but chairman wants him at Storm for life

I've got news for him, he wants to be treated like a Rockstar.

Melbourne chairman Matt Tripp has revealed how close the club’s board came to sacking Cameron Munster - who he warned should not be tempted to become the face of Brisbane’s second franchise because he risks being “treated like a rockstar” in his home state.

As Munster starts a four-week program at a rehabilitation facility for alcohol abuse, Tripp told the Herald and The Age the five-eighth nearly had his contract shredded over the ‘white substance’ video scandal.

On top of the one-match ban and $30,000 fine Munster received from the NRL, the Storm hit Munster with a suspended $100,000 fine, ordered him to stop drinking for a year and supported his stint in rehabilitation.
Tripp, who has grown close with Munster over the years, said the best thing for the star five eighth - both personally and professionally - would be to remain in Melbourne and avoid a return home at all costs.

The Storm boss said Munster’s second straight season in Queensland due to the Storm’s relocation meant he was removed from his normal network, while there was also the spotlight and pressure of having to play up to his scallywag reputation for the local fans.
“There is a personal relationship as well as a professional one with Cameron, and I’ve really taken it to heart what has happened in the last week or two. It’s actually hurt me,” Tripp said.

“I know what a good bloke he is. I also know if you take the blinkers off he can stray.
“The board came close to terminating his contract, but the same board are fully united in wanting to help turn his life around and make him a long-term Melbourne Storm player. I know he will repay the faith. I’m confident of that. And so are the board.”

Munster is seen as the No. 1 target for the second Brisbane franchise who will enter the competition in 2023. Off contract at the end of the 2023 season with Melbourne, Munster himself has said he would entertain a return home.

But Tripp said the latest incident proved why Munster was best served remaining with the Storm.

“By returning home to Melbourne, he will be back in the environment where he thrives best and where he has played his best footy,” Tripp said. “When Cameron is back home he has structure in his life.

“When he’s been in Queensland, the spotlight is always on you, especially with a player with the profile he has.

“There is a lot less of that down here, and he benefits from that routine of going to training and going home. He’s also got a baby on the way, which will be a real positive for him - it will be the most positive thing to happen in his life.

“By abstaining from drinking 12 months, completing rehab, being back in Melbourne, his home town, and having a big pre-season, we will see the old Cameron Munster back.

“He’s often told me he wants to finish his career in Melbourne. I’ve said to him the best place to see out his career is the Melbourne Storm.”

Munster, Brandon Smith and Chris Lewis, who all appeared in a video partying in a hotel room with what appeared to be a white substance, were punished at the start of the week, with many fans complaining the one-match ban was too light.

“I find it bizarre people have said the penalty is too light - I don’t think there has been a penalty imposed like it for many years,” Tripp said.

“There isn’t a bigger penalty when you consider what we’re suggesting to these guys, well certainly Cameron, that there’s a strong chance his contract will be torn up if he steps out of line again. That’s as serious as it gets.

“They were done for bringing the game into disrepute. We can all speculate about what was on that table [in the video]. But we could only deal with the evidence in front of us. Their word was good enough for the NRL and their word was good enough for the club. They’ve been penalised accordingly.”

he risks being “treated like a rockstar” in his home state.
"Here's a little song that I wrote...."
He’s also got a baby on the way
Woah...No wonder he's giving up drinking and I'm pretty sure Matt's tripping.

Munster to stay off the cans for the season ?
We will see !
Will they sack him if he doesn’t ?
We will see !
Just don’t see him able to change his ways from 4 weeks of casual rehab

Wasn't Munster the pride of the league for turning up to the Qld Origin team photo whilst still alledgedly "under the weather".

Everyone thought that was a great old laugh at the time.

Now he is in rehab.

If the storm do actually know it was coke, are they not guilty of covering up a crime?
If they don't know why did they fine the players involved?

Wasn't Munster the pride of the league for turning up to the Qld Origin team photo whilst still alledgedly "under the weather".

Everyone thought that was a great old laugh at the time.

Now he is in rehab.
Exactly. Guzzle guzzle guzzle, alcohol consumption is celebrated, to the extent it's probably hard to fit in if you are a non-drinker. No wonder a percentage will come to grief.

If the storm do actually know it was coke, are they not guilty of covering up a crime?
If they don't know why did they fine the players involved?
They couldn't prove what the substance was and Smith and Munster "could not remember" anything about it. So unless someone there came forward and said, "yup it was coke and those guys consumed some" - then they can't prove a drug offence.
So instead they were punished for bringing the game into disrepute.

They couldn't prove what the substance was and Smith and Munster "could not remember" anything about it. So unless someone there came forward and said, "yup it was coke and those guys consumed some" - then they can't prove a drug offence.
Why did the club fine them (suspended)

The NRL Integrity Committee, plus the Qld Government, is investigating Nathan Cleary over his possible involvement in aiding some of his mates illegally getting from NSW to Queensland to watch the grand final and stay for the celebrations. It's quite a serious police and health issue.
Of course, Cleary may know nothing . . .

The NRL Integrity Committee, plus the Qld Government, is investigating Nathan Cleary over his possible involvement in aiding some of his mates illegally getting from NSW to Queensland to watch the grand final and stay for the celebrations. It's quite a serious police and health issue.
Of course, Cleary may know nothing . . .

Apparently his mates were dressed as 'white bags of powder' so cleary, the panthers, the nrlpa, and the nrl have no idea about any illegalities and his mates were to drunk too remember.

Paul Kent was having a crack at them yesterday. Unfortunately I don’t have a Bellylaugh a/c. Apparently for one, Kikau took to social media to bag Souths after they lost the GF. Kent’s description of Kikau is gold.

Paul Kent was having a crack at them yesterday. Unfortunately I don’t have a Bellylaugh a/c. Apparently for one, Kikau took to social media to bag Souths after they lost the GF. Kent’s description of Kikau is gold.

It is worth reminding some that when Penrith stormed to victory last Sunday a great wave of apathy swept over most of the land.

Those as close to Melbourne still managed to somehow drag themselves out of bed and get off to work the next morning, convinced that’s what mattered, while large parts of Adelaide and even Perth rolled over and lazily hit the snooze button, much like a majority of suburbs in greater Sydney did too.

It was over. Done.

As news reached parts of Africa nobody wept for the defeated Rabbitohs while, as best as anyone could tell, Europe gave a collective yawn.

Point is, as celebrated an achievement as it was, it hardly knocked the world off its axis, or even many parts of Australia.

It was a fine victory, and a terrific end to a tough season, but yes, it was just a football game.

So how Tyrone May had the arrogance to believe the Panthers premiership somehow vindicated his criminal behaviour from just a few years back, enough to launch a stinging broadside at those who criticised him, remains one of those mysteries that could launch 40 different Netflix documentaries.

Sadly, it shows the smallness of the game, and of many who play it.

For those that missed it, who some call the lucky ones, May took to social media the night the Panthers won the premiership to post a photo of himself leaving Parramatta Court, with coach Ivan Cleary behind him, while quoting lyrics from a Drake song:

“And the dirt that they threw on my name

“Turned to soil and I grew up out of it

“Time for y’all to figure out what y’all gon’ do about it.”

Apparently, winning a grand final was vindication for May pleading guilty to four counts of filming himself having sex with a woman without her consent.

Magistrate Robyn Denes described his actions as “morally reprehensible” and believed he should have been sent to jail but could not, given the prosecution argued it was “just below a custodial offence”.

“This troubles me,” she said of the prosecution’s request.

She said the crime was “actually about violence against women”.

May was given a three-year good behaviour bond, the most she could order, which satisfied her from the point of view it meant “the system would be able to watch you for longer than it would if you were jailed and then released”.

And then May wins a grand final and suddenly it was everybody else that was wrong. Those 13 minutes he played, with five runs and nine tackles, somehow changed everything.

A couple of his teammates, like Api Koroisau and Viliame Kikau, immediately posted messages of support under his post.

For those of us old enough to remember when many of the game’s stars behaved like statesmen, it throws up the obvious question: when did the game turn right, and common decency turn left?

Why the integrity unit has still not put its pointy nose into this is beyond reason. If this does not go to the integrity of the game, what does?

It is irrelevant that May later took the post down.

The bigger question is how, 17 months into his bond, one where he was also ordered to undergo counselling, May believes a grand final win vindicates being a sexual predator?

Has he even done the counselling?

As the week progressed it seems nobody at Penrith had the good sense to remove the mobile phones from their players.

Having beaten Souths in the grand final, they then used their social media to ridicule them, posting for all to see.

Kikau thought it a classy act to take to his social media account and mock the Rabbitohs.

“Up the Rabbits,” he laughed. “Let’s go Rabbitohs.”

He then broke into a sarcastic version of “Glory, Glory to South Sydney”.

Kikau gives the impression that when he finally retires from footy a long career in lifting something awaits. It is hard to know what else he is qualified for.

They are staining their own parade, these Panthers.

For all the feelgood joy the likes of Brian To’o and his marriage proposal brought to the Panthers’ win, there is a menace and an uneasiness about much of their behaviour since.

They are ungracious. Their response to criticism about their behaviour will be “f… you”, like it was towards South Sydney’s effort as the vanquished, who were graceful in defeat.

When did sport take this ugly turn?

The NRL is a tough job and only tough men play it. Weakness has been weeded out by the time players reach the elite level.

For these reasons the game often recruits from lower socio-economic backgrounds, like boxing must, to find young men prepared to push their limits to find a way out.

For such reasons rugby league was a working class game with working values. The players understood the poor man’s struggle.

Now many of the players are on rich six-figure contracts, are poorly educated, and they behave like a rat with a gold tooth. They demand respect but do not return it.

Warriors chief executive Cameron George quietly reminded the players of the game’s realities earlier this week when, in an unrelated matter, he supported the introduction of hair testing for illicit drugs.

“The players and the RLPA have got to understand,” he said, “the game only clicks at the level we’re at because of commercial support.”

And the game is at this level because of those who came before it, whose character sold the game to attract that corporate support.

That was an acknowledgment the Melbourne players made earlier this week when they apologised to those who came before them at the Storm for embarrassing their club.

If the Panthers ever need a lesson in class, and a reminder of how if you are good to the game then the game will give back, they need only look over the halfway line at their opponents from last Sunday and find Benji Marshall.

Marshall was young once, too, and he was brash, but there was a decency and intelligence inside him. And then he matured and adapted, on and off the field, and now they clamour to keep him involved somewhere in the game, and for as long as he wants.

He made the choice his.

Not these Panthers, who behave like you expect to wake up one night and find them standing in your hallway.

It must be a Victorian thing not to be able to remember what happened. Oh well you can see why they said that especially as their own government cant remember anything either!

I did a double take when I read that line....I have some awesome mates who put food on the table and taking care of their familes by lifting heavy stuff for a living and they are respectable intelligent people.I can't see what true qualification it takes to write garbage in the media/internet(no matter what bull**** communications degree he may have).
Sort of a stupid line to write as it directly insults the so called lower socio-economic class that supposedly forms the playing core of league(and supports the game)
There are a lot here who have tickets on their own intelligence lol.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6