[Resurrected] 2021+ On & Off Season Misdemeanors

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ping him for bringing the game into disrepute
This is what I have a problem with in the “bringing the game into disrepute” line ( pardon the pun).
He wasn’t out in public, yes, it was made public but an end of season bender in a private setting?
Really, is that affecting the public?
Again, no one films it, no harm done.
Stupid yes.
Of course the NRL will make an example of them whilst 20 others will do the same thing and hopefully not be filmed.

For those like me who had no idea what Dan was talking about, here's what I leaned on Google:
Fentanyl is a powerful synthetic opioid that is similar to morphine but is 50 to 100 times more potent. 1,2. It is a prescription drug that is also made and used illegally. Like morphine, it is a medicine that is typically used to treat patients with severe pain, especially after surgery.
Yep it's cheaper than growing and harvesting poppies but much more dangerous. It's cooked down and then used to make synthetic heroin and also used to lace into cocaine and other drugs. Overdose is much more likely.

Anyway drug use was really normalised for even people my age but in the 20 something's coke use just seems like a normal day out

Melbourne Storm players seen on video in a room with white powder are reportedly in line to face heavy sanctions.
The videos spreading on social media – which have been seen by news.com.au – emerged on Monday night, rocking the NRL’s Dally M Awards gala event in Brisbane.

The Storm issued a brief statement on Tuesday after the video showed two players, since publicly identified to be Brandon Smith and Cameron Munster, in a crowded room with a white substance on a table.

“Melbourne Storm is aware of a video provided to the NRL Integrity Unit yesterday,” the club said in the statement.

“The club and players involved are co-operating with the NRL Integrity Unit investigation.

“As the matter is currently under investigation, the club is not in a position to comment further until this process has been completed.”

The Storm issued another statement on Tuesday night, confirming Munster and Smith, as well as a third player – Chris Lewis – had been interviewed by the NRL Integrity Unit and had co-operated with the investigation.

Phil said:
The (NRL) Integrity Unit believe they have enough to charge three players for bringing the game into disrepute and spoiling Dally M night with unwarranted headlines for the game in what’s already been a tough year,” Rothfield said.

“My mail is they are going to be suspended for two weeks, it could go to four weeks. They won’t start next year and the fines are going to be very heavy.

“Cameron Munster will be fined up to $40,000, Brandon Smith $20,000, Reece Walsh from the Warriors probably $5000, Chris Lewis $5000.”

Another one on the Peruvian Flour
ACBBC21B-3BA2-4955-B9CF-43C59F557CC8.jpeg

Yep it's cheaper than growing and harvesting poppies but much more dangerous. It's cooked down and then used to make synthetic heroin and also used to lace into cocaine and other drugs. Overdose is much more likely.

Anyway drug use was really normalised for even people my age but in the 20 something's coke use just seems like a normal day out
It’s not even considered a drug these days with the use of “ nose candy “ or “ nose beers “ as the common discriptive.

Yes maybe , but I still don’t get why so many people just sort of ignore that it’s a hard drug they are taking.

“ Nose Candy “ , it’s not a ****ing lolly!!!
I can't be too critical ( having experimented in my youth lol) but the negative impact on society from a one off use of cocaine is not an issue.
Much worse in terms of impact is meth /ice/ speed and dare I say alcohol

I can't be too critical ( having experimented in my youth lol) but the negative impact on society from a one off use of cocaine is not an issue.
Much worse in terms of impact is meth /ice/ speed and dare I say alcohol
Yes lots of issues with alcohol as well.

One of the big issues I have today is the volume of absolute idiots on the road , full of bravado , full of agro and many of them full of drugs.

I hear today you don’t bother with going to the pub and paying $150 to get pissed , you just take a few cheap pills and are less likely to get caught if you get pulled up with a DUI bus.

Seriously the roads are a dangerous place at times.

Last edited:
Yes lots of issues with alcohol as well.

One of the big issues I have today is the volume of absolute idiots on the road , full of bravado , full of agro and many of them full of drugs.

I hear today you don’t bother with going to the pub and paying $150 to get pissed , you just take a few by pills and are less likely to get caught if you get pulled up with a DUI bus.

Seriously the roads are a dangerous place at times.
I haven't been breath tested for 10 years on the Gold coast!
I drive about 5-600 km a week between Burleigh and Coomera for work and drive to coach and umpire sports 2 nights and 1-2 days a weekend.

How bad is the M1 for road rage!

I haven't been breath tested for 10 years on the Gold coast!
I drive about 5-600 km a week between Burleigh and Coomera for work and drive to coach and umpire sports 2 nights and 1-2 days a weekend.

How bad is the M1 for road rage!
The M1 is really really bad.

Luckily I don’t have to be on it too often but had a skin doctor appointment at Annerley at 4.00pm on Wednesday so headed home to Reddy Bay down the M1.

I just try and keep to the left lane and am happy if it takes a bit longer but seriously the idiots weaving in and out and cutting people off is unbelievable.

I know the incident itself occurred last year but I didn't wanna start a thread and it's misdemeanour related...

Melbourne nearly sacked Munster but chairman wants him at Storm for life

I've got news for him, he wants to be treated like a Rockstar.

Melbourne chairman Matt Tripp has revealed how close the club’s board came to sacking Cameron Munster - who he warned should not be tempted to become the face of Brisbane’s second franchise because he risks being “treated like a rockstar” in his home state.

As Munster starts a four-week program at a rehabilitation facility for alcohol abuse, Tripp told the Herald and The Age the five-eighth nearly had his contract shredded over the ‘white substance’ video scandal.

On top of the one-match ban and $30,000 fine Munster received from the NRL, the Storm hit Munster with a suspended $100,000 fine, ordered him to stop drinking for a year and supported his stint in rehabilitation.
Tripp, who has grown close with Munster over the years, said the best thing for the star five eighth - both personally and professionally - would be to remain in Melbourne and avoid a return home at all costs.

The Storm boss said Munster’s second straight season in Queensland due to the Storm’s relocation meant he was removed from his normal network, while there was also the spotlight and pressure of having to play up to his scallywag reputation for the local fans.
“There is a personal relationship as well as a professional one with Cameron, and I’ve really taken it to heart what has happened in the last week or two. It’s actually hurt me,” Tripp said.

“I know what a good bloke he is. I also know if you take the blinkers off he can stray.
“The board came close to terminating his contract, but the same board are fully united in wanting to help turn his life around and make him a long-term Melbourne Storm player. I know he will repay the faith. I’m confident of that. And so are the board.”

Munster is seen as the No. 1 target for the second Brisbane franchise who will enter the competition in 2023. Off contract at the end of the 2023 season with Melbourne, Munster himself has said he would entertain a return home.

But Tripp said the latest incident proved why Munster was best served remaining with the Storm.

“By returning home to Melbourne, he will be back in the environment where he thrives best and where he has played his best footy,” Tripp said. “When Cameron is back home he has structure in his life.

“When he’s been in Queensland, the spotlight is always on you, especially with a player with the profile he has.

“There is a lot less of that down here, and he benefits from that routine of going to training and going home. He’s also got a baby on the way, which will be a real positive for him - it will be the most positive thing to happen in his life.

“By abstaining from drinking 12 months, completing rehab, being back in Melbourne, his home town, and having a big pre-season, we will see the old Cameron Munster back.

“He’s often told me he wants to finish his career in Melbourne. I’ve said to him the best place to see out his career is the Melbourne Storm.”

Munster, Brandon Smith and Chris Lewis, who all appeared in a video partying in a hotel room with what appeared to be a white substance, were punished at the start of the week, with many fans complaining the one-match ban was too light.

“I find it bizarre people have said the penalty is too light - I don’t think there has been a penalty imposed like it for many years,” Tripp said.

“There isn’t a bigger penalty when you consider what we’re suggesting to these guys, well certainly Cameron, that there’s a strong chance his contract will be torn up if he steps out of line again. That’s as serious as it gets.

“They were done for bringing the game into disrepute. We can all speculate about what was on that table [in the video]. But we could only deal with the evidence in front of us. Their word was good enough for the NRL and their word was good enough for the club. They’ve been penalised accordingly.”

I know the incident itself occurred last year but I didn't wanna start a thread and it's misdemeanour related...

I think Jamil's got bigger things to worry about than COVID now:

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4