2019 State of Origin Chat. DECIDER!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
How is Kevvie going to defend Tommy And Teddy both playing fullback in game three.

giphy.gif

I thought if nsw wins game one and then qld wins game two, it's because Toddy has told the refs the nrl wants a game 3.

But not so when it's the other way around?

lol

You guys!

Yeah I do feel it all drags on too long

I'd have a two week break in the season and 3 consecutive Wednesday with Origin.

Weekend one
NRL as normal, SOO players do playe

Wednesday
SOO1

Weekend 2
Female SOO
Under 18's SOO
NZ V Tonga
Samoa V Fiji
Etc Etc

Wednesday
SOO2

Weekend 3
Female SOO
Under 18's SOO
NZ V Samoa
Tonga V Fiji
Etc Etc

Wednesday
SOO3

Weekend 4
NRL games as usual, coaches decide if they want to rest players

Sure you have two weekends of no NRL, but the whole focus is Origin in that period then it is done and dusted

Yeah I do feel it all drags on too long

I'd have a two week break in the season and 3 consecutive Wednesday with Origin.

Weekend one
NRL as normal, SOO players do playe

Wednesday
SOO1

Weekend 2
Female SOO
Under 18's SOO
NZ V Tonga
Samoa V Fiji
Etc Etc

Wednesday
SOO2

Weekend 3
Female SOO
Under 18's SOO
NZ V Samoa
Tonga V Fiji
Etc Etc

Wednesday
SOO3

Weekend 4
NRL games as usual, coaches decide if they want to rest players

Sure you have two weekends of no NRL, but the whole focus is Origin in that period then it is done and dusted
I agree something should be done.
Also if it's over in two games, don't play a dead rubber.

While counting down the hours till the Manly game, I saw a snippet of video where Lockyer was interviewing Ponga after soo 2.

So...ok Kevvie has the rule about not saying nsw or mentioning players but it seemed a little ridiculous (some could argue disrespectful) to hear Ponga go "errr...like that winger of theirs had a good game, y'know yeah that winger from that team."

From the sublime to the maroon-i-lous I guess.

Go Manly

Play one SOO game on a weekend, winner has the bagging rights til the following season.
On the same weekend has the other 'international' games.
I've not been on the Souffs Forum but I can imagine how they are blowing up about the SOO period. They were leading the comp until the start of SOO and have now lost four in a row because of having key players missing.
Whilst I don't care about Souffs I do feel for the betterment of the sport that SOO should become a one match a season winner-takes-all fixture.

I've not been on the Souffs Forum but I can imagine how they are blowing up about the SOO period. They were leading the comp until the start of SOO and have now lost four in a row because of having key players missing.
Whilst I don't care about Souffs I do feel for the betterment of the sport that SOO should become a one match a season winner-takes-all fixture.
They were only out for 1 game.

Rabbids have injuries key players like Reynolds, Tom B, retirement of GI and bizarre mid season shoulder surgery for Sambo :cool:

And of course the custodians of the great game of rugby league make their decisions based on the betterment of the sport.
Or on what will earn them most money? I forget, but pretty sure its one of those.

I'm actually bored with the saturation coverage of SOO @:rolleyes:

Every footy show treats these 3 games as a GF and don't cover Clubs for almost 6 weeks :swear:

We need a dedicated Manly channel :wait:
Normally I hate leaving the country during footy season, but I'll gladly go away during the origin period, it's been done to death and has sucked the oxygen out of the NRL, would be great if it was only one game a year, but that won't happen because it's all about the cash, especially when it comes to Channel Nine.

Ponga out injured.
As big a loss as this may seem, he was very ordinary in SOO11.
A return for the chosen son, Darrius?
I think not. But is Jahrome Hughes a Queenslander? I think Ryan Papenhuyzen is from NSW.
I think AJ Brimson would do a good job in SOO. He is a good player.

The 21-year-old dynamo is set to have scans on Sunday to confirm the damage but remains confident he won't sit out the all-or-nothing Origin match.

"We were monitoring it [the calf] all week," Ponga told Fox League before kick-off in the Newcastle-Brisbane fixture.

"Last night I went to bed thinking that I was playing today and I went and had it looked at this morning and it just wasn't as good as what I hoped it would be.

"I'll get scans hopefully tomorrow and we'll go from there."

Asked directly if he's in danger of being ruled out of Queensland selection, Ponga wasn't stressed.

"I don't think I'm in doubt. Not at all. I think I'll be sweet," he said.

He said the injury was caused by favouring one leg in Origin II after copping a cork above the opposite knee.

"It just pulled up pretty sore after the game. But I had a cork that I was sort of focusing on more and then because of the cork I wasn't using that leg much and obviously the calf's come through," Ponga said.

"I should be sweet but I'll get scans tomorrow."

A grade one strain has a general recovery time of one to three weeks, per the NRL Physio.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7