2019 State of Origin Chat. DECIDER!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The QLD outside backs were poor. NSW were throwing the ball wide each play and Morgan/Chambers and their wingers had no answer time and again. By the second half they were shagged from defending and the tries started to rain down. Clear tactic by FF and it won the Blues the match. By being forced to defend out wide on a heavy, rain soaked track constantly their middles also became tired and ineffectual and made the whole Qld side look woeful.

Not much he could have done. Forwards were out played. Both he & Munster could do nothing plus the fact DCE was forced to make 30 plus tackles which the QLD forwards should have been making! Still one of the Maroons better players.
Same problem Daly had last year for us... it's hard to show attacking flair when you make 30 tackles and spend the whole game sprinting to cover holes in the defense... He kicked ok but was constantly kicking out of trouble with no go forward... Qld forwards lacked impact because NSW controlled the game with their kicking and defense... Maloney might be an aged pensioner that can't tackle (apparently) but he sure is a COMPETITOR... he couldnt have had such an impact tho without the blues forwards dominating like they did... Cordner, Finucane and Jake were HUGE! Safiti was good too!

DCE being captain, should've had some influence on Qlds pack performance, kept his team composed ( they gave aawy 5 penalties in a row).

Also his grubbers and long distance kicks were weak. I'm NS welshman, but was hoping Cherry would have a blinder.

Last edited:
Kevie's gamble on playing a forward with a broken wrist was the main problem :nerd:

Napa lasted 20 minutes and the absence of Arrow meant that the rest of the pack had to soak up his huge work rate :cool:

Fergie being used as a battering ram along with Klemmer's return for SOO 3, will require some new QLD forwards :wait:

Should be a great decider :)

NSW really caught out the compressed Qld defence and those shifts were the blueprint to unlocking the usually sound defensive structures.
Really liked a few occasions NSW had Addo Carr inside, off his wing, taking the ball outside the shoulder of the opposite centre and at speed burnt him on the outside 2-3 times.
Then when the Qld defence spread wider, it opened up the middle where Jake, Murray and co could eat up big metres and win momentum.
Possibly the most dominant SOO from a NSW side I can recall.

Great win by the Blues and confirmation that Josh Maguire is the biggest grub playing the game..........

Imagine for a moment the refs nor toddy decide these games....

It's going to be an interesting game three. I don't think Qld will play that badly again and probably have a couple back from injury.
No one knows what freddy will do about Cleary, if in fact he is out, but it's an important pick. NSW fans will hope their players keep their heads about them and don't think game three will be that easy.

I think I've covered a few cliches in there (lol...sorry).

But of course... all these plans and predicted teams can change with injuries. So like totes whatevs peeps. (now I'm just sorry).

I just hope nsw come out firing and didn't play their decider last night.

Oh and wake t.f up everyone. It's Monday morning!
Not one mention of “the boys”...

Cliche fail @:p@:D

Dont care who partners Maloney in game three really, so long as Jimmy is there!
Agreed although need to be careful it's not a dominating halve such as Pearce... i think whoever they pick need to play second fiddle to maloney & let him control things

Tom should have been man of the match, i had nsw 13+ Tommy mom 85/1 ripped off! Fckn rort!

giphy.gif

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6