2019 Casualty Ward

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ah what have the Football Gods got in store for us this season? I think I'm going to have to appease them and sacrifice my old football socks on the local pyre. Might even sacrifice that stained jock strap I've been hanging onto for posterity's sake...the next generation will just have to do without.

Wow. The casualty ward has players across most clubs before a ball is even kicked. I think we can add ‘NRL player injured’ to go with death and taxes as certainties.
Timely reminder of how tough the sport is and also the importance of luck (and depth of talent in your squad).

And the winner is shoulder reconstructions followd by ACL's .... in a disappointing turn, pectoral strains seem to have gone out of fashion .......

No, still here ... reported to have a development contract .... mixed feelings, but basically given that he is not taking up a spot in the 30, I am glad the kid still has a chance to chase the dream ..... if guts and determination are worth anything .... I wish him every success .....
Well said . We wish all our Manly players success .No Manly fan at heart wants any of our players to have bad games and our team to lose . We all want our club to soar high like Sea eagles . Many times I have been proven wrong by players that have evolved . I love being proved wrong because I love nothing more that a winning Manly

No, still here ... reported to have a development contract .... mixed feelings, but basically given that he is not taking up a spot in the 30, I am glad the kid still has a chance to chase the dream ..... if guts and determination are worth anything .... I wish him every success .....

well said and i agree i wish him all the best too

Well said . We wish all our Manly players success .No Manly fan at heart wants any of our players to have bad games and our team to lose . We all want our club to soar high like Sea eagles .

Even those players that are a cancer on the team....

There is no place to have cancer in the team or any where else . Cancers should be cut out IMO

Agreed.
I think where we differ is that I dont believe 20 year old kids, following the coaches instructions on tactical gameplay, could be considered as "cancers"...

But, each to their own.

Agreed.
I think where we differ is that I dont believe 20 year old kids, following the coaches instructions on tactical gameplay, could be considered as "cancers"...

But, each to their own.

Yes it is each to their own and this is where I am coming from
Some critical words one here like cancer are used only as a figure of speech
that is ;
A figure of speech is a word or phrase that possesses a separate meaning from its literal definition. It can be a metaphor or simile, designed to make a comparison. It can be the repetition of alliteration or the exaggeration of hyperbole to provide a dramatic effect.

Also I dont agree with you that any coach is accountable for a players incompetence play on the field . The coach is only accountable for not having the foresight and selecting a player that is not up to NRL Standard .
Example . The incompetent Crocker promoted to NRL level by Trent and was demoted to the development squad where he belongs by Des .

The incompetent Crocker promoted to NRL level by Trent and was demoted to the development squad where he belongs by Des .

There would be a very good reason for Des to have Croker to be on a devel contract and I believe it to be that due to the rule change Des is nominating him to be mid-season halves/hooker cover as he will be able to play after june 30 without taking up a Top 29 spot.

Devel contract players will play an important role this year as from july 1 clubs will effectively have a 36 man squad,

There would be a very good reason for Des to have Croker to be on a devel contract and I believe it to be that due to the rule change Des is nominating him to be mid-season halves/hooker cover as he will be able to play after june 30 without taking up a Top 29 spot.

Devel contract players will play an important role this year as from july 1 clubs will effectively have a 36 man squad,
The way I see it and it is obvious that a player that is demoted for development needs development .

The way I see it and it is obvious that a player that is demoted for development needs development .

I guess that is one of the reasons you are not an NRL coach mate.

Devel players train with FG and can play FG after june 30 without taking up a 30 spot.
They will be important choices this year.

The coaches who choose their devel players astutely will get an advantage over those who don't.

I guess that is one of the reasons you are not an NRL coach mate.

Devel players train with FG and can play FG after june 30 without taking up a 30 spot.
They will be important choices this year.

The coaches who choose their devel players astutely will get an advantage over those who don't.
You dont have to be an NRL coach to understand the obvious and that is you dont put a proven NRL player in a development squad .
If he was up to NRL standard a coach would not waste developing him for half a season .
He is in the development squad for good reason . All coaches select their top 30 trump cards to get their teams off to a great start to the season and Des has selected his without Crocker
Trent thinks like you and he had him in his top 30 last season and Des thinks like me and he has excluded him out of his top 30 where he belongs
We all think differently and that is ok because that is what forums are for .

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6