2018 Trials

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rosko

Reserve Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Manly Warringah Sea Eagles will play two trial matches in February in the build up to the 2018 Telstra Premiership season.

The Sea Eagles will tackle arch-rivals Cronulla Sutherland Sharks on Saturday, February 17, at Southern Group Cross Stadium.

The final trial is the annual Community Cup clash against the Sydney Roosters to be played on Saturday, February 24, at Central Coast Stadium, Gosford.

Both teams are again expected to their strongest sides with the NRL Telstra Premiership season starting a fortnight later.

Further details on when tickets go on sale for the Community Cup will be provided soon.

TRIAL 1 V CRONULLA SHARKS
Southern Cross Group Stadium

Saturday, 17th February

3.05pm - Jersey Flegg (formerly NYC)

5.05pm - Intrust Super Premiership (NSW Cup)

7.30pm - NRL

TRIAL 2 V SYDNEY ROOSTERS
Central Coast Stadium (pictured)

Saturday, 24th February

2:15pm - Jersey Flegg (formerly NYC)

4:15pm - Intrust Super Premiership (NSW Cup)

6.00pm - NRL

The sharks and the Roosters are both formidable opponents. I think they'll both be in the top 4 imo. I know they're trials but you can certainly take a lot of confidence into the season proper with some solid performances in these matches. Very excited to see how well we perform. By then this salary cap fiasco will hopefully be resolved as well.

The sharks and the Roosters are both formidable opponents. I think they'll both be in the top 4 imo. I know they're trials but you can certainly take a lot of confidence into the season proper with some solid performances in these matches. Very excited to see how well we perform. By then this salary cap fiasco will hopefully be resolved as well.
I agree with you’re view regarding the Roosters, but for mine, I can see the Sharkies sliding down the ladder. Significantly as well. They have a dangerous backline, however a couple of injuries and the replacements look average. Then there’s the forwards, who, in my opinion are in decline. Matt Prior is a steady first grader, Gallen and Lewis are both a year older, and Fifita is a crab. We ran through them like paper last year and their pack is weaker this year. In fact I’m probably going to put a couple of C notes on them missing the 8 all together. Normal transmission looks to be returning for the upcoming season.

I agree with you’re view regarding the Roosters, but for mine, I can see the Sharkies sliding down the ladder. Significantly as well. They have a dangerous backline, however a couple of injuries and the replacements look average. Then there’s the forwards, who, in my opinion are in decline. Matt Prior is a steady first grader, Gallen and Lewis are both a year older, and Fifita is a crab. We ran through them like paper last year and their pack is weaker this year. In fact I’m probably going to put a couple of C notes on them missing the 8 all together. Normal transmission looks to be returning for the upcoming season.

I hope you are right but they have a great backline. The addition of moylan and dugan really was a major coup for them.
1. Valentine Holmes
2. Sosaia Feki
3. Josh Dugan
4. Ricky Leutele
5. Aaron Gray
6. Matt Moylan
7. Chad Townsend

I know the forwards are on the decline but if they do the basics like they normally do, ie grind games out they are still are solid side.

I hope you are right but they have a great backline. The addition of moylan and dugan really was a major coup for them.
1. Valentine Holmes
2. Sosaia Feki
3. Josh Dugan
4. Ricky Leutele
5. Aaron Gray
6. Matt Moylan
7. Chad Townsend

I know the forwards are on the decline but if they do the basics like they normally do, ie grind games out they are still are solid side.
The backline looks good on paper, but the coup of Moylan and Dugan is a straight swap for Bird and Maloney. So, for me, if they are better off it ain’t by much. And I’m not sold on Moylan as a half, certainly not as a better option than the masturbator. Bird and Dugan are pretty much on par with one another as centres. Father Time catches up with everyone (unless they have Cliffy’s DNA) and they have two starting forwards over 35. Then there’s Prior (compare him with Marty, Lussick, AFB, Perrett, Jake etc) and who have they got after him? Put it this way, I wouldn’t swap their squad with ours for all the money in the world. The sharkies are more Wobbegong than they are Great White, they’re Carpet Sharks not predators.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8