2018 Top 4

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

brad

First Grader
Seriously if we are to make the top 4 in 2018 we need to start the cull. I would like to know who you think should be on the chopping block . If we are going to be serious contenders some have to go. There is definitely 3 players in our starting 13 that would be lucky to get a start in any other club.

Wright definitely needs replacing. Lewis Brown needs to go. Lawrence is already going. I'm happy with Green for now, however, if he were to leave and we replace him with the likes of cronk for a year while building Hastings to play 5/8 in 2019 I would be very happy.

Who's the 3 players? Other than Matt Wright and Kellie I can't think of others

I think he's possibly thinking Shady Lane, Matt Wright and young Kelly.

Remember Wrights only been there because of Horhay, who we assume will be back?

Kelly deserves another shot , unless of course another top class centre agreed to terms.

James Graham would have been perfect, don't know if we had a crack and missed out there!

Frankenstein is coming along pretty well, and Curtis ( injury aside) is going well.

Green has another year left but might go if we were to sign Cronk / Moylan ( either in my opinion highly unlikely).

Seriously if we are to make the top 4 in 2018 we need to start the cull. I would like to know who you think should be on the chopping block . If we are going to be serious contenders some have to go. There is definitely 3 players in our starting 13 that would be lucky to get a start in any other club.

Are we culling players or Silvertails? or both? apart from me who else would we cull from Silvertails? As you say to make the final 4 next year we need to make serious decisions.

Are we culling players or Silvertails? or both? apart from me who else would we cull from Silvertails? As you say to make the final 4 next year we need to make serious decisions.
Players mate Kelly , wright , lane and Winterstein just to name a few although Frank just resigned makes it hard.

A bit of a distance I suspect in predicting the team to start the 2018 season for the Sea Eagles. Injuries, recruitments, losses of course will make the predictions difficult. But based on what we have now I suspect the team to look something like
1. T. Trbojevic
2. Uate or J. Anderson (goal kicker), Tom Wright, Parker, M. Wright
3. Walker
4. Kelly
5 Taufua or J Anderson, Tom Wright, Parker, M. Wright
6. Green if he stays. Maybe Moylan
7. DCE
8. Lussick or maybe Sipley
9. Api
10. Taupau
11. Sironen
12. ? (new recruit)
13. J. Trbojevic
14. Winterstein
15. AFB
16. Perrett
17 Sipley or new recruit. Maybe Parker as a forward

A must is getting goal kicking winger Anderson into firsts. He looks a top prospect and more creative than M. Wright. We need two more top line forwards. I hope Sipley is good, though he's still young for a prop. Walker, Kelly, AFB will be better with an extra year. If we lose Green we will definitely need a top ball playing replacement. I would also consider Parker as a replacement for the role Brown fills

Trouble is there's no one of quality on the market to fill in the gaps . So until we fill them with talant i think we'll have a similar year . Im not saying we didn't have a fine season, apart from the nrl making near impossible for us to go further ,but we need a talanted centre , winger and another gun forward to go into any game thinking we can win with more confidence.

We'll be back mainly a young side. Yes we need some talent.
Really missed Jorge metres from our end once he was injured. Addin starts in nxt season onward, young sipley replaces bj.
It's all building blocks, this will steel the boys all off season.
Jury out of who better out of brad Parker or Kelly. Tom wright may get some first grade given this is last year from 20s.
Who remembers last year after we got flogged at peppers Like of starling, Williame, buhrer, parcell, Nathan green, tom Symonds, mateo, Leary all cut.
I believe there some personnel change.

Last edited:
Trouble is there's no one of quality on the market to fill in the gaps . So until we fill them with talant i think we'll have a similar year . Im not saying we didn't have a fine season, apart from the nrl making near impossible for us to go further ,but we need a talanted centre , winger and another gun forward to go into any game thinking we can win with more confidence.
I think there is plenty of improvement in us. Frank Winterstein goes decent, he doesn't disappoint, he just doesn't do enough yet. Curtis Sironen has been a phenomenal signing and I am excited to see him get better. Every off season every club adds players, of which may or may not be off contract. We'll nab another quality, experienced forward and extra depth.

As for the backs, Taufua will return, who we've hugely missed since his injury. Kelly will likely retain his spot, unless we go for a quality back. And, if he doesn't show improvement after having another off season under his belt he will be replaced by Parker anyways, who is a tough, well balanced player. Parker will return from his ACL early next season.

I don't think Brown will remain, and we have some really good upcoming forwards coming through such as Paseka, Tanginoa and also Toafofoa Sipley, who has big raps on him from Warriors fans.

A majority of the players remain, so they will continue to develop together for the future, the future, in my opinion, that will only hold improvement. We have such a young, talented side and another off-season will strengthen these players not only physically, but mentally as well. I predict a top 4 finish in 2018

2018 team/squad (possible)

1 T Trbojevic
2 Taufua
3 Walker
4 Kelly/Parker
5 Uate
6 Green
7 Cherry-Evans
9 Koroisau
10 Taupau
11 Winterstein
12 Sironen
13 J Trbojevic

14 Brown
15 Perrett
17 Fonua-Blake

18 Parker/Kelly
19 M Wright
20 Hastings
21 Lane
22 Cullen
23 Sipley
24 T Wright
25 Paseka
26 Lussick
27 Fainu

Thats how we are looking so far obviously alot of movement to come in the silly season and I'm sure we will have a twist or two in regards to releasing players. As for signings we really need a good prop to partner Taupau, some more depth in the forwards and backs and we also need a good goal kicker, someone may have to move on for that e.g. Green or maybe Taufua in the backs. Other than that our squad is very solid and will push top 4, consistency cost us a top 4 spot this year and we wont be stuffing those types again next year.

Surprised we didn't try for graham? He needed a change and will be back to his best. Need a tough nut like him who demands every player give 110% every game.

Not many good players available for next year off contract.

We need a couple of forwards for depth and still see us making top 4 or there abouts.

The signings for 2019 will be the big one with lots of good players coming off contract next year in key positions.

I think there is plenty of improvement in us. Frank Winterstein goes decent, he doesn't disappoint, he just doesn't do enough yet. Curtis Sironen has been a phenomenal signing and I am excited to see him get better. Every off season every club adds players, of which may or may not be off contract. We'll nab another quality, experienced forward and extra depth.

As for the backs, Taufua will return, who we've hugely missed since his injury. Kelly will likely retain his spot, unless we go for a quality back. And, if he doesn't show improvement after having another off season under his belt he will be replaced by Parker anyways, who is a tough, well balanced player. Parker will return from his ACL early next season.

I don't think Brown will remain, and we have some really good upcoming forwards coming through such as Paseka, Tanginoa and also Toafofoa Sipley, who has big raps on him from Warriors fans.

A majority of the players remain, so they will continue to develop together for the future, the future, in my opinion, that will only hold improvement. We have such a young, talented side and another off-season will strengthen these players not only physically, but mentally as well. I predict a top 4 finish in 2018
You may be right mate , but a gun. centre would make all the difference in this team . We have always been blessed with class centres and i think you would see walker get even better with a similar partner. Im not bagging young kelly and hopefully the off season will see him improve, look if we've got him starting next year i wont be disappointed. Just saying.

2018 team/squad (possible)

1 T Trbojevic
2 Taufua
3 Walker
4 Kelly/Parker
5 Uate
6 Green
7 Cherry-Evans
9 Koroisau
10 Taupau
11 Winterstein
12 Sironen
13 J Trbojevic

14 Brown
15 Perrett
17 Fonua-Blake

18 Parker/Kelly
19 M Wright
20 Hastings
21 Lane
22 Cullen
23 Sipley
24 T Wright
25 Paseka
26 Lussick
27 Fainu

Thats how we are looking so far obviously alot of movement to come in the silly season and I'm sure we will have a twist or two in regards to releasing players. As for signings we really need a good prop to partner Taupau, some more depth in the forwards and backs and we also need a good goal kicker, someone may have to move on for that e.g. Green or maybe Taufua in the backs. Other than that our squad is very solid and will push top 4, consistency cost us a top 4 spot this year and we wont be stuffing those types again next year.
Turbo , no lussick in the starting 17 ?

Surprised we didn't try for graham? He needed a change and will be back to his best. Need a tough nut like him who demands every player give 110% every game.

Not many good players available for next year off contract.

We need a couple of forwards for depth and still see us making top 4 or there abouts.

The signings for 2019 will be the big one with lots of good players coming off contract next year in key positions.
3 years at saints even if they get 2 solid years out of him will be a very good pickup. I thought we would of had a crack at him as bozo normally likes big tough forwards.

You may be right mate , but a gun. centre would make all the difference in this team . We have always been blessed with class centres and i think you would see walker get even better with a similar partner. Im not bagging young kelly and hopefully the off season will see him improve, look if we've got him starting next year i wont be disappointed. Just saying.
Kelly is fine, people need to stop worrying, good value and will improve. Not saying he is top notch but i do like his tough go forward ball carries, (even with the every second game he will drop a ball stat----along with Turbo) his defense has been exposed but he has shown he can make good decisions and ball and all tackles.

Confidence player and another good off season should see him strengthen even more.

3 years at saints even if they get 2 solid years out of him will be a very good pickup. I thought we would of had a crack at him as bozo normally likes big tough forwards.
Tough but not big that is for sure, love his attitude but lacks power and punch.

Still has great leadership qualities this team is really lacking in but far too expensive.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6