2018 predictions (fearless)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
On the occasion of New Year's Eve (happy New Year to all) - I know there are one or two prediction threads already such as 2018 Ladder, but for easy future reference (namely at the end of next year who got it right) here is one more.
No-one knows trial results or even the final makeup of many squads, so predictions made now are all about skill, and maybe a little luck.
Any category can be included, I will start with a couple:

Premiers = Manly (naturally)
Miss the 8 = Canberra Souths and obviously the Dogs
Top Sydney teams = Chooks Eels St Merge & Manly (no Sharkies or Panthers haha)
No of Qld teams (including Melbourne) in Top 4 = 2
No of pages in next racism scandal topic before it is canned to General Forum = 4 (60-80 posts)

• 😆
Reactions: Ben
You've got to love SeaEagleRock's optimism
Well regarding Manly winning the comp, that is obviously best case scenario, we aren't even a lock for the top 8!
But for me missing the top 8 would surprise far more than us lifting the trophy.
Our squad is building nicely and doesn't carry the added weight of being a premiership heavyweight. Our goal is a top 4 position, absolutely no doubt about that.

On the occasion of New Year's Eve (happy New Year to all) - I know there are one or two prediction threads already such as 2018 Ladder, but for easy future reference (namely at the end of next year who got it right) here is one more.
No-one knows trial results or even the final makeup of many squads, so predictions made now are all about skill, and maybe a little luck.
Any category can be included, I will start with a couple:

Premiers = Manly (naturally)
Miss the 8 = Canberra Souths and obviously the Dogs
Top Sydney teams = Chooks Eels St Merge & Manly (no Sharkies or Panthers haha)
No of Qld teams (including Melbourne) in Top 4 = 2
No of pages in next racism scandal topic before it is canned to General Forum = 4 (60-80 posts)
Manly Premiers ?
The great Sugar Ray Robinson once quoted
"To be a champ you have to believe in your self when no one else would "
I am with SER8 and Sugar Ray all the way here .
I believe we have some great players and some up and coming great players and with a bit of luck things going our way the mighty Sea eagles can also go all the way

When comparing the present Manly squad to the Sea Eagles premiership contenders in 08 , 11 . and 13 , it is starting to build to quite a few similarities with the important mix of some class individual players , hard nosed experience and very promising and enthusiastic up and comers for those past teams and years . Concur with Bozo , add some positive self belief and luck and every reason to be optimistic and positive for some success for 2018 and who knows , maybe even a shot at the B I G one

Well regarding Manly winning the comp, that is obviously best case scenario, we aren't even a lock for the top 8!
But for me missing the top 8 would surprise far more than us lifting the trophy.
Our squad is building nicely and doesn't carry the added weight of being a premiership heavyweight. Our goal is a top 4 position, absolutely no doubt about that.

No criticism was intended. I also hope Manly do that well. I also think they will again make the 8 and possibly the top 4 as long as injuries are kept at a minimum and someone effectively handles the 5/8 spot. The rest of the team is ready to surge

We look the goods for a solid top 8 spot. The possible arrival of Carney and our injury run will dictate whether we will be top 4 or even premiers in my mind.

WTF race/religion who cares ... *

Manly to win all else is irrelevant

* ok if you really care look up Ashkenazi longlife gene, very interesting stuff. It’s possile that the Great Ancient Beings (Methuselah and the other begats) passed on their long life to a certain extent to the chosen ones.

Premiers = Manly until some one can tell me why not

Top 4 - No order
Dragons manly cowboys sharks

Bottom 4 - no order
Canberra South Dogs Warriors

Miss the 8
storm broncos tigers titans

Make the 8
Roosters eels knights panthers

Origin
Blues 3/0
Jake man of series

Biggest headline(s)
Bennett sacked
Slater retires
Smith breaks down
Roosters implode

Daly M
DCE

Pick the margins on GF
MANLY HALF TINE / full time
Manly 13 +
Turbo Clive Churchill medal winner

10 bucks all up will win you a million
Always
Bet responsibly & meet nice people by wearing your colours in the off season

Happy new year champions

Go Manly

My prediction.

****ed if I know where we’ll finish.

But I know it won’t be 16th.

Depending on injuries I expect us to do pretty well, surely we have had enough of those years so let’s power on in twenty eighteen.

PS: I don’t expect to see Carney in Maroon and White and I do expect either Hastings or Croker to be THE surprise packet of next season.

Happy New Year to all you retrobates, you do make me laugh at times!!!

Last edited:
Prediction - This thread is for posting your predictions so it can easily be predicted that off-topic posts will be removed (and a few already have been).

Premiers: Manly
Runners Up: Don't care
Wooden Spoon: Eels
Top 4: Manly + don't care
Top 8: Manly + don't care
Headlines: Roosters turn to Chicken **** after Salary Cap Dramas
More Headlines: Greenberg caught on his knees in Oxford Street toilet block
I love Manly!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4