2017 State of Origin Game 2

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I got the feeling the game was a "Let's make sure game 3 isn't a dead rubber and let's give JT the Suncorp Sendoff Victory he deserves" about 15 minutes in.

Deadset stitch up.

Pearce and Maloney escape any criticism, pretty hard to guide your team home when you have powerful forwards, an injured opposition 5/8 and only lead by 10 at halftime.

Pearce and Maloney escape any criticism, pretty hard to guide your team home when you have powerful forwards, an injured opposition 5/8 and only lead by 10 at halftime.

Pearce copping it everywhere I look, quite predictably, he wasn't all that bad though

NSW absolutely smashed Qld across the park for 1.5games, making metres at will and getting down into Qlds end comfortably

I'm quite sure that their game plan didn't change at halftime of this match in regards to their style of play, so why the sudden momentum change ? All of a sudden a pack up rolling over the top of the opposition at will can't make any headway with a shortened 10, halves have no room to move, while another pack gets handy little leg ups out of their own half

NSW certainly didn't help themselves at all in that 2nd half, but the rules all of a sudden went in a different direction from the first 120mins of the series

Pearce copping it everywhere I look, quite predictably, he wasn't all that bad though

Where was he when the game was on the line? Where was he when NSW could have put the game out of Qld's reach? As he has done so often in Origin, when it came to the crunch Mitchell Pearce was MIA when it counted. Cronk and especially Thurston were battered and bruised. Yet they were there when their team needed them most.

That's the difference between a good player and a great player. Pearce is a good player in club football, but he doesn't have the ability to take his game to the next level. He's had what, 15, 16 Origin chances now? And he's only been on the winning team 5 times and never in a winning series.

Too right he's copping it. And so should the selectors for continually picking him when its been obvious for years that he doesn't have what it takes. His old man wasn't a naturally gifted footballer, but he had heart and desire that got him through to the top. His son doesn't have that.

Sadly this referees deciding matches BS is only going to stop when fans start voting with their feet and their wallets. Until then it's only going to keep getting worse.
Yes, the fact is there were 84K there despite all the previous SOO riggings. The 'owners' of the game are well versed in human behavioural sciences...
Will the refs get dropped for all their missed errors? Never seen such crap. Not such a spectacle when those "in charge" can't even get basic calls wrong.
No they won't, they only get dropped for 'unofficial' errors. This was demonstrated recently with the Uate try knock on.

Tough loss for Blue"s supporters and commiserations and the Blue"s really should have had that one after their dominant first half . Despite a faltering N S W and a couple of favorable ref calls in the 2 n d half , Qld still deserve some credit for capitalizing on their 2 n d half opportunities and really so reminiscent of the last ten years or so . Good to see Jake go so well and gee he must be a strong bugger. Also hope that all silver tails members who were at the game still enjoyed the occasion. Anyway i am still more maroon and white Manly then maroon Q L D and so on to other important things in life like GO MANLY against the Sharkies this Sunday

Where was he ? Down on his own line defending as qld had all the ball and field position

He wasn't outstanding, and he wasn't terrible. Can take the past record into account, but as was pointed out before game 1, his current Origin record is better than Lockyer after the same amount of games

Quite simply, right now, Pearce is the best 7 in NSW by a wide margin

So very predictable, said it earlier in the thread, refs would give QLD an advantage to even up the series.

Thurston' last game , Chan Nein wanting a gazillion viewers, Suncorp needing a sell out, totally scripted!!

Best player for QLD, Matt Checcin.

That said NSW just not good enough in the second half!!

Yes all very predictable, though the last sentence seems like text book cognitive dissonance. Can you give us an idea of how good you would need to be to win a rigged, scripted game? Something like 40-0 good?, I mean so good they don't bother trying to stick with the script?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4