2017 premiers?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Can count the Sharks out because it's impossible to go back to back and Storms wont be the same without Green if teams pressure Cronk

Probs Panthers or Raiders

The way the press was talking up Parradoesntmatta earlier this year they were obviously in the mix for this year. I think they blew their chances by getting caught. Next year it could be Raiders, Penrith, Titans and maybe West/Tigers. It will be interesting to see who gets the softest draw next year and that will go a long way to deciding who the "powers that be "want to win or at least be competitive. This year it definitely wasn't us as our draw was nearly impossible with all those five day turn arounds early.

29/8/2015 – during Round 25

http://silvertails.net/threads/2015-premiers-who-and-why.47067/page-2

"mmmm, I reckon this year it will be rigged, err I mean choreographed, err I mean influenced towards a Cowboys v Broncos GF. Then you can just stand back and hear the wailing over how the GF should be played in Brisbane!!! However, the Rorters are in reality a class above the both of them and should win in a canter if the 'influence' is not to great......."

2/6/2016 – before Round 13

http://silvertails.net/threads/when-did-you-change-from-being-a-fan-to-being-a-consumer.49362/page-3#post-806290

“if it can't be 'managed' for another Cows v Broncos (to 'prove' last years wasn't stage managed), then yes the obvious fairy tale will be the Sharks beating the Panthers in the GF (50 year anniversary for both…….” Blah blah blah

I put my money where my mouth was this year with a Sharks / Panthers Quinella……….oh so close (would have been a few grand in the kick)

3/10/16 – Post 2016 GF

Long range, both Panthers and Raiders will be fairy taleish, but I think I learnt this year ‘they’ like to have one of ‘their’ teams in the decider…..will ponder this. And a dramatic turnaround by the Sea Eagles is not out of the question, rigged or otherwise draw will be a clue here.

So, tentatively, a Panthers v Sea Eagles GF

Last edited:
Eels V Panthers ?

Broncos V Titans ?

I honestly believe the NRL do have
What they would like to happen in mind and do all they can that's not too obvious, TO MAKE IT A REALITY like getting the majority
of fence sitting supporters on board the press pushes the team the players believe in them selves and even the opposition have them selves beat in the back of their head, take the last 3 years Souths with Burgess and not winning for so long, Thurston to finally win one. Then sharks to finally win one it seems lately they want each GF to be a fairy tale, so it commands a lot more interest from the general public.

Last edited:
Top 8 will be something like this next year IMO

1: Canberra Raiders
2: Penrith Panthers
3: Brisbane Broncos
4: Gold Coast Titans
5: Sydney Roosters
6: Cronulla Sharks (drop off with out Ennis and drive)
7: North Queensland Cowboys
8: Parramatta Eels

West Tigers, Storm and NZ Warriors on the fringe, I think Storms time is up and they are losing Green and I think Cronk carried them this year along with Smith I don't think it will happen 2 years in a row.

I'm hoping for a Panthers Raiders GF.

Top 8 will be something like this next year IMO

1: Canberra Raiders
2: Penrith Panthers
3: Brisbane Broncos
4: Gold Coast Titans
5: Sydney Roosters
6: Cronulla Sharks (drop off with out Ennis and drive)
7: North Queensland Cowboys
8: Parramatta Eels

West Tigers, Storm and NZ Warriors on the fringe, I think Storms time is up and they are losing Green and I think Cronk carried them this year along with Smith I don't think it will happen 2 years in a row.

I'm hoping for a Panthers Raiders GF.

So that leaves Manly, Dragons, Knights, Bulldogs and Souths to fight it out for the spoon...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4