2014 Ladder and finals

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Where do people think we will finish this year on the ladder - now nearly half way through the season & final's predictions?

Does our bad luck of injuries of late changes people's view as the our chances this year?

My observation is :

With our current injuries and a look at the draw we are going lucky to keep our top 2 position.

My prediction : Manly finishes 4th and we get knocked out in week 3 of the finals series.

I think we are top 4. If we have a full squad we are definitely in good shape to take the crown.

As long as our backline stays in tack, we have alot of talented juniors at front to cover injury (as we have seen so far this year).

Top four and a GF win. WCC will be moved back to the northern hemisphere by Greenturd.

Top 4. The comp is so open this year you are going to see just a mass of teams fighting from about 5th to 14th to stay in the 8. I just think with our start and not being too badly hurt by origin (ok Choc and DCE might be injured but we can cover) we can get to around 32 points (which should easily guarantee top 4). Since we are 16 points, add another 2 for the bye. So we need 14 points (7 wins from our last 14 games, easily within reach).

Week 3 is then a minimum, after that it's just all down to the team we are able to field with injuries etc, and the momentum of the team(s) we are playing.

Probably an obvious statement, but Dogs are going to be hard to beat. We will finish top 3 with Dogs & Roosters. No-one else can win the comp.

Killer03 said:
Top 4. The comp is so open this year you are going to see just a mass of teams fighting from about 5th to 14th to stay in the 8. I just think with our start and not being too badly hurt by origin (ok Choc and DCE might be injured but we can cover) we can get to around 32 points (which should easily guarantee top 4). Since we are 16 points, add another 2 for the bye. So we need 14 points (7 wins from our last 14 games, easily within reach).

Week 3 is then a minimum, after that it's just all down to the team we are able to field with injuries etc, and the momentum of the team(s) we are playing.

Don't we have two byes coming?

manlyfan76 said:
Killer03 said:

Don't we have two byes coming?

No. We have had 1 bye already

Again, the top 4 sides and the end of the year will be the real contenders. 5th-8th will just make up the numbers. I predict 2nd or 3rd place finish, with a win against the Roosters on GF day.

Well you better be pleading to God on here davohan...not a mere mortal like EagleRock there...lol.

Ask him to turn our luck around with all these God-forsaken injuries too!

That's the only thing that could derail our title shot this season.

RiverEagle said:
Well you better be pleading to God on here davohan...not a mere mortal like EagleRock there...lol.

There's no injuries RiverEagle, the players are just being rested so they're fresh come finals time ;)

EagleRock40 said:
RiverEagle said:

There's no injuries RiverEagle, the players are just being rested so they're fresh come finals time ;)

Sweet.
As long as it's all part of the plan then!

We'll have to sort out all these annoying contract issues real soon, too.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6