2013 Manly new faces

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
There's plenty of fresh talent coming into the Sea Eagles squad for 2013. Check out some of the new faces and what to expect from them this season.

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news-display/Fresh-faces-in-the-Sea-Eagles-squad/65598

PLAYER | AGE | POSITION | PREVIOUS CLUB

MICHAEL CHEE KAM (@chee_kam)| 21 | BACK ROW | RAIDERS
A stand out in the Toyota Cup Team of the Year, Chee Kam is one of the most promising junior talents in the competition and a great first grade prospect for the Sea Eagles in 2013.

DANE CHISHOLM (@dane_chisholm) | 22 | HALF/ FIVE-EIGHTH | TIGERS
Talented playmaker who made his NRL debut for the Storm in 2011. The son of former Manly halfback Rick Chisholm, Dane is returning to his roots on the peninsula.

RICHIE FA’AOSO | 28 | PROP | STORM
Hardworking front rower who makes great metres running steaming straight lines. Sure to be a handful for opposition packs in 2013. He has plenty of first grade experience, including this year's grand final win, under his belt.

JACOB GAGAN | 20 | OUTSIDE BACK | EELS
Former Australian Schoolboy and one of Parramatta's most imactful Toyota Cup stars in 2012. Speed demon and classy finisher who has plenty of NRL potential.

DAVID GOWER | 27 | PROP | DRAGONS
A mobile front rower with a great offload and fend. He was the Illawarra Cutters' NSW Cup player of the Season in 2012 and made a handful of first grade appearances for the Dragons this year.

JAMES HASSON (@jameshasson13) | 20 | BACK ROW | SHARKS
Impressive young back rower, born in England but played his junior footy in Sydney. Can tackle and doesn't mind scoring a try. Also a mad Liverpool fan.

PETA HIKU | 21 | OUTSIDE BACK | WARRIORS
Very damaging runner who played wing, fullback and five-eighth for the Warriors Toyota Cup side in 2012. He stood out in every position, distinguishing himself as the Warriors' U20s Player of the Year and earning a spot in the Junior Kiwis. Addicted to breaking tackles, his metres for 2012 were only topped by fellow Sea Eagles signing Ligi Sao.

BRENTON LAWRENCE | 27 | PROP | TITANS
Powerful forward with plenty of pace and footwork who's worked his way up from Adelaide park footy. He stepped up for the Titans this year, making the most of every one of his minutes. He'll add strength and depth to the Sea Eagles pack.

JUSTIN LEMALU | 20 | PROP | SEA EAGLES NYC
One of the most outstanding performers in the Sea Eagles Toyota Cup side. Proved his impact when he returned from injury and inspired Manly's late-season surge. Absolute workhorse and huge yard gainer.
http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news-display/Fresh-faces-in-the-Sea-Eagles-squad/65598

00050890-leadimage.jpg

LIGI SAO (@LigiSao) | 20 | PROP | WARRIORS
Powerhouse prop who plays long minutes and chews through the metres every game. One of the leading front rowers in the Toyota Cup in 2012, he's a big kid with a big future. Sao is sure to be a cracker signing for the Sea Eagles.

JESSE SENE-LEFAO (@jsenelefao) | 23 | BACK ROW | PANTHERS
On the verge of making his NRL debut at Penrith and the loss of a couple of back rowers sees plenty of opportunity for him to crack first grade at the Sea Eagles.

Summer gets worse next week.

Cricket starts (which I love), but we get hammered.

I think our recruitment this year has been outstanding.

Taking into account or squad, Tooves and Warwick have signed exactly what we need

Agreed, outstanding recruitment. And there's others not mentioned such as Ben Musolino and some really good recruits for the NYC such as Mitch Manson etc.

Really excited for Manly over the next couple of seasons. We are used to losing our young locals to other clubs now we are doing the poaching for a change interesting times ahead.

What a selection ! Next year will be one of the most exciting year for us feathered friends

I saw Dane Chisolm play when he was at the Storm a couple of years back and he absolutely blitzed the opposition everytime he ran the ball. Blinding speed and a great natural sidestep. I thought more of a centre / winger / fullback than a half. Brilliant buy who will slot very nicely into our backline in 2013.

Very impressed by the signings and foresight. It's exactly what we need as depth and hopefully will be good enough to replace some of our aging players in the future. Big thumbs up to recruitment commitee.
images

Very impressive recruitment. Sure to be a couple who will play first grade this year and all will add depth to our squad. Great work recruitment team.
Thanks BE for the excellent run down.

TWO DOGS said:
Very impressive recruitment. Sure to be a couple who will play first grade this year and all will add depth to our squad. Great work recruitment team.
Thanks BE for the excellent run down.

was the club that gave us the run down ;)

i just shared it

Great stuff Sea Eagles management, especially from an L plate coach and P Plate CEO....lol

Like Bi Kevin " I'm excited"

Ha bi Kevin ( bloody I Phones) BIG KEV

There's 11 there named. I thought I'd heard that clubs will be able to have 30 next year in the NRL squad?

Pity they won't be playing the 3 grades back to back, it will be worth watching this new brigade develop.

They re-signed about 6 Toyota Cup players from last season too.

The depth looks very solid for 2013+

Promising that the club is looking everywhere for talent and there are some brilliant talent from U20s elsewhere that want to come to Manly, even if they know they may not play first grade in their first season.

Shows that we are finally rebuilt into an attractive option for success, and we no longer need to pay overs to convince players to join us. The bonus is that it is building our depth and puts pressure on the NRL players, particularly wingers and bench, to not assume their position is safe and they need to perform regularly to hold their place.

Definitely our best off-season recruitment drive in the NRL era.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6