2012 Awards Night On Sale Now!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Larissa

Bencher
Very pleased to announce the details for our 2012 Awards Night.

Join us for a resort escape at the Novotel Manly Pacific on Friday 5th October

Guests will enjoy a cocktail function with canapes, full beverage service, live & silent auctions plus entertainment from band, Jelly Bean Jam.

Tickets are $195- book your place at the Sea Eagles night of nights by calling 02 9970 3000 or online here.

Very pleased to announce the details for our 2012 Awards Night.

Join us for a resort escape at the Novotel Manly Pacific on Friday 5th October

Guests will enjoy a cocktail function with canapes, full beverage service, live & silent auctions plus entertainment from band, Jelly Bean Jam.

Tickets are $195- book your place at the Sea Eagles night of nights by calling 02 9970 3000 or online here.

Bump!

The 'titans' are actually streaming their awards night.

Maybe something the club can do for next year? (Or even this one).

edit: Meaning the Manly club streaming the Manly awards night. Before one of you galah's type "But why would we stream the titans awards night?" :p:p

Has anyone got any reports from the awards night like who won? Newspapers are reporting most clubs results but not ours of course.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
‏@manlyseaeagles
Congrats to Toyota Cup players player Nathan Cooper and best & fairest Josh Drinkwater! #gomanly

‏@manlyseaeagles
And NSW Cup Players' Player award goes to....Tim Robinson! #congrats

‏@manlyseaeagles
NSW Cup Best and Fairest is Liam Higgins! #welldeserved

@manlyseaeagles
And the Steve Menzies medallion, presented by Beaver himself, goes to....Sam Rahme! #partofthefurniture

dont know who or what this is

‏@manlyseaeagles
And the Gordon Willoughby medal winner is Jamie Lyon! #killin'it

‏@manlyseaeagles
Congratulations to our inaugural Member of the Year award-winner Margaret Anthony! #ourmembersrock

@manlyseaeagles
Hip Hip Hor-hay!! Jorge Taufua gets Rookie of the Year #nonebetter

@manlyseaeagles
Doug Daley Clubman of the Year Award goes to none other than @joegee8 #welldonechamp

‏@manlyseaeagles
Players' Player Award goes to a very popular man tonight - Jamie Lyon!!!! #toogood

@manlyseaeagles
Roy Bull Best and Fairest goes to Matty Ballin!!! #goodegg

@manlyseaeagles
Best and Fairest Matt Ballin: 'It's not a job to me, it's what I love. I'm honoured to win this award.' #veryerygoodegg

MANLY co-captain Jamie Lyon dominated the annual end of season award night at the Novotel Manly Pacific Hotel on Friday.

The Sea Eagles centre snared three awards following a vintage 2012 campaign, taking home pointscorer of the year, the Gordon Willoughby Medal and the Players' Player gong.

Bullocking winger Jorge Taufua was crowned Rookie of the Year while popular hooker Matt Ballin was the Roy Bull Best and Fairest after a stellar season out of dummy half.

"I am very honoured to win the award, I am very fortunate to play in an amazing team,'' Ballin said.

"I just love playing alongside these boys, we all work towards a common goal.

"Hopfully we can go a little better in 2013."

Tim Robinson was Cliff Lyons' pick as standout in the NSW Cup, while Josh Drinkwater was the under-20s premier performer.

Ageless prop Joe Galuvao was the coveted Doug Daley Clubman of the Year.
http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/lyon-hearted-effort-at-sea-eagles-presentation-night/

@[Berkeley_Eagle]

Thanks for supplying those results :)

Good work Ballin, but how'd he beat Lyon for the Roy Bull? Who votes on that, and what's the criteria? Is there some off field charity work or something that gets counted?

Lyon's as fair as the come on the field, and he was clearly Manly's best all year.

Thats great our best young players Drinkwater,Robinson, Higgins all leaving aren't they.

It was a pretty enjoyable affair, starting from when you entered the Novotel and ascended the sweeping spiral staircase which was lined with wall to wall Manly Sea Birds greeting us in their cheer squad outfits.

Brett Stewart got a big cheer as our top try-scorer and made of point of saying that, though the end was disappointing, the season under Toovey had been one of his most enjoyable at the club.

All the players looked in good spirits, there is obviously a great cameraderie amongst them. Those departing were wished good luck and thanked for their contributions.

It was a night for the players so I tried to respect their privacy, but did ask King whether Graham had bitten him. He said he'd seen the TV story about it, and asked if I was a reporter! Which of course I denied, but for what it's worth he said, 'No, he just shouted in my ear … I probably overreacted'. In any case he was all class with his duties on the night. I did ask Kite if he was staying and I think he said yes. Several players are having operations.

Great to see Beaver there, still playing of course yet handing out an award named in his honour. Reminiscent of watching him score a try at Brookie right in front of a grandstand named in his honour. He told me one more year till he returns.

Johnny Gibbs was MC, and Fatty Vautin also was present and said that playing for Manly at Brookvale had always been the highlight of his career. He actually made a couple of amusing quips. Phil Daley spoke with some emotion about his late father Doug. Plenty to eat and the drinks kept coming, so all in all a fun evening.

MANLY co-captain Jamie Lyon dominated the annual end of season award night at the Novotel Manly Pacific Hotel on Friday.

The Sea Eagles centre snared three awards following a vintage 2012 campaign, taking home pointscorer of the year, the Gordon Willoughby Medal and the Players' Player gong.

Bullocking winger Jorge Taufua was crowned Rookie of the Year while popular hooker Matt Ballin was the Roy Bull Best and Fairest after a stellar season out of dummy half.

"I am very honoured to win the award, I am very fortunate to play in an amazing team,'' Ballin said.

"I just love playing alongside these boys, we all work towards a common goal.

"Hopfully we can go a little better in 2013."

Tim Robinson was Cliff Lyons' pick as standout in the NSW Cup, while Josh Drinkwater was the under-20s premier performer.

Ageless prop Joe Galuvao was the coveted Doug Daley Clubman of the Year.

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/lyon-hearted-effort-at-sea-eagles-presentation-night/

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2