2008 or 2011

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
At 7:15 pm next Sunday night I will be pulling out both box sets and watching one of the grand final dvd's- cannot stand this year's teams

Question is which one to watch??

Probably in the end will watch both box sets as I won't be watching any coverage of the grand final day on channel 9

Think a whole day watching manly tearing it up in 2 finals series and 2 grand finals

Worst grand final situation next week. At least one team has to lose.

Here is a more apt suggestion. Watch last years semi, where we come from behind to smash Souths when they thought they had to only turn up to progress through to the grand final. Thats one of the few games i have downloaded to my hard drive along with other Manly grand finals in '08, '11

I am going for the bunnys. I am looking forward to the nsw cup vs qld cup game. Manly would have struggled against the rabbitohs if they were their next week but dug deep on experience.

2008 to me, as we just were not expected to win. Every game in those semis we were not even tipped to win. We come up against the Dragons (who came 7th and we came 2nd), now admittedly they were out bogey team, but most tipped the Drags.....we SMASH them.

Get the week off and play the Warriors in Week 3. Again we are not tipped. We SMASH them.

Head to GF week, and there is just no chance we can win this according to the experts..........

08 was just the perfect storm (pardon the pun) coming together. We just got it all right to blow them away. And let's not forget it was only 8nil at half time. The 2nd half was just an amazing display.

Killer03 said:
2008 to me, as we just were not expected to win. Every game in those semis we were not even tipped to win. We come up against the Dragons (who came 7th and we came 2nd), now admittedly they were out bogey team, but most tipped the Drags.....we SMASH them.

Get the week off and play the Warriors in Week 3. Again we are not tipped. We SMASH them.

Head to GF week, and there is just no chance we can win this according to the experts..........

08 was just the perfect storm (pardon the pun) coming together. We just got it all right to blow them away. And let's not forget it was only 8nil at half time. The 2nd half was just an amazing display.

I doubt there has been a more dominant finals series performance by a side ever. In 3 games our collective score was 110 to 12. There is no doubt in my mind that the "Lets do it for Beaver" theme that was running through the club was a massive reason for it. I think it enabled the guys to not put pressure on themselves (which they did in 07) but to unite for one cause. No matter what happens, we'll always be the team that one the GF in the games 100th year!!!!

2008 was special because of the Manly win, the 40-0 score and Beaver's last game. Hearing the crowd boo every time they showed Scam Smith on the big screen was a great feeling. But not as good as when the Beaver scored.

2011 was just as special because it was a Manly win. And for mine the moment of the game was Gifty's grubber kick for Robbo. Snake scoring in that game topped it off.

But if I had a preference I'd watch 1996 because I was at that game.

2008 because it followed the 2007 GF which was a disaster. I spent that game getting heckled by idiots behind us who didn't even go for the Storm.

davohan123 said:
At 7:15 pm next Sunday night I will be pulling out both box sets and watching one of the grand final dvd's- cannot stand this year's teams

Probably in the end will watch both box sets as I won't be watching any coverage of the grand final day on channel 9

Think a whole day watching manly tearing it up in 2 finals series and 2 grand finals

why not make a day of it?
start with the '72 gf win & watch each of our gf victories.(if time permits watch the '08 & '11 finals also) that should fill in your day!

castle eagle said:
davohan123 said:

why not make a day of it?
start with the '72 gf win & watch each of our gf victories.(if time permits watch the '08 & '11 finals also) that should fill in your day!

Better get use to watching those old grand finals. Its going to be a long time before Eagles make another one.

You know I think we make a grand final the year Jamie Lyon makes his retirement announcement- like beaver deserves to go out a winner.

I do agree we won't be making it for a few years though- say 2017 ish is my guess

2015 will be a year with no expectations what so ever. We will finish anywhere from 4-7 and anything more than that will be a bonus.

Penrith and Cowboys early favourites for mine to take out the title next year.

davohan123 said:
You know I think we make a grand final the year Jamie Lyon makes his retirement announcement-one club lengend who deserves to go out a winner and the players will rally around him.

I do agree we won't be making it for a few years though

You are right about the 'few years', but wrong about the 'one club legend'. J Lyon played at least 2 years with Parramatta, before he went to ESL and came back to OZ, signed with Manly.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4