• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Haven't been massive on the game, but ****, what a night I had at the game tonight !!!

McCullums knock was unbelievable, he has so much ability in him and showed most of it tonight. Hopkins innings came from nowhere as well

White hit some big balls too !! Big call from Clarke to give the guy who battles with his mind the pressure over at the end !!

Awesome innings from McCullum and White.

How small is that ground? 6's still rising as they go over the boundary, was ridiculous at times.

Not a fan of the tie breaker over, especially in a game where a result isn't necessary, knew it was over when they said Tait would be bowling, has a heart the size of a pea.

Good result for NZ, should put a few more bums on seats in the ODI series.

Those over the shoulder flicks by McCullum were unbelievable.

As soon as I heard Tait was bowling our super over I said to my mate we are as good as gone as he'll bowl 6 wides. Kudos to Southee, he bowled well at the death and in the super over, basically won the game for the Kiwis.

I also had to laugh at Nathan Mc farming brother Brendon off the strike in the last over and stopping him getting the record T20 score. Will make for an interesting dinner table conversation in the years to come.

that was an awesome game. Those over the head hits at 155km/h were spectacular.

I think it would have been better if it had ended in a draw the game was good enough to be a draw.

Harris should have bowled that last over not Tate

Tie, not Draw, there is a big difference.

Intersting to see Zimbabwe beat West Indies in a 20/20 yesterday, wonder who the bright spark is who programmed a game for them 5 days after playing at the SCG. wasn't the jump across the ditch our guys had to fly.

It is small SB, Rugby has taken over the ground unfortunately, think the shortest is about 59m

I bet they had no idea about the record out there, Nathan is the older brother though so should win that argument haha. Brendon still holds the T20 record I think with 158* in the 1st IPL match

Fro, terrible call that one, I was going to put money on the Zimbo's but it wasn't available. 105 v 79/9 I think it was, quite a few of that Windies team didn't have to take that flight back either, I saw Chanderpaul and Bravo were playing

That was Darren Bravo Kiwi, Dwayne is still not back.

Gayle didnt play which pretty much screwed them, interesting Taibu is back for Zim.

Thought it was the other Bravo seeing as it was his debut

Zim seem to have gotten a few more of their players back, I remember at 1 point Taibu batting, keeping for a while then bowling haha

Fro link said:
Tie, not Draw, there is a big difference.

Intersting to see Zimbabwe beat West Indies in a 20/20 yesterday, wonder who the bright spark is who programmed a game for them 5 days after playing at the SCG. wasn't the jump across the ditch our guys had to fly.
  Because Zimbabwe simply couldn't win on merit, could they?

get teh flag out from your eyes Mata, both teams at full strength and the windies would win 9 times out of 10.

Zim were a competitive side 10 years ago, a very competitive team, but those days are gone sadly. they have a sprinkling of good players and they are starting to filter back in, but a generation of players have been lost to the game, which is yet another reason mugabe and chingoka should be ousted, but in the grand scheme of things they have far bigger crimes to answer for (but probably won't)

9 times out of ten?  Probably.  But why decry them their moment in the sun when they do win?  Don;t discount that the fellows that are playing aren't complete rubbish.  The schools still invest heavily in sport over there.  It's all they have to distract them from the rest of the rubbish.

I dont discount them at all Mata, but even you must agree it was a stupid peice of scheduling?

they have a lot of good younguns, but dont have the infrastructure to go any further than that. Coventry looks the goods, as does the usual suspects Matsikinyeri and Mazakadza (sp) and Utseya has done a good job of captaining them in difficult circumstances, as did Taibu before him.

My Point is they will never get back to where they were when they had the Flowers, Goodwin, Ervine, Olonga etc playing, and that is no fault of the players

Seems it was no fluke from the Zimbos, they just got up in the first one dayer by a couple of runs.

WI won the series 4-1.  But Zimbabwe were far from humiliated, particularly as it was an away series.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8