2 Questions

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

clontaago

First Grader
Boys,

I was attending a wedding on Saturday and missed the game. Just have 2 questions.

1. How did Robbo go? Do we have a better option?
2. Where did we leak all of the points?

Cheers
Clon

Where did we leak points - All over the park. We were a rabble

Robbo - He did his job but he wouldnt be up there with the best in the number 1

It was just one of those nights every team has from time to time. I think the shot at goal Hasim had that bounced of the upright and went through summed it up, i knew as soon as that happened it was going to be thier night. Our new winger rushed in for one try and basicaly the bounce of the ball went thier way.

I wonder what the scoreline would be had it not been pouring down.  Could be better, could be worse...

I reckon Lyon could be considered at fullback if Bailey continues in the 6.  We are too predictable with Robbo at the back. 

Bring Hoppa Jnr in, F**k it. I know he is too young but its only 4 rounds, then back to Toyota Cup for the rest of the year.

Could Bani play fullback?

Robbo is no fullback, especially in the wet.  I'd play a junior there.  Someone quicker across the park and can cover tackle.  Robbo is very good winger so should play wing.  His replacement on Saturday night was really just making up the numbers and needs more time somewhere else.     

Actually having put even more thought into, I'm glad T Williams is back and he should definitely head straight onto the wing, to control the Beast this weekend.

I dont like the thought of Bani or Suniala (or whatever his name is) marking him.

That's good news.  What was needed on Saturday was someone, other than Idris, to dominate.  No-one did from our guys and we fell away.  It will be good to see if Williams can on Sunday.  Interesting to see how Des goes with selections on Tuesday. 

Robbo wasn't that bad........we are too used to having a superstar like Brett at the back making it look easy. I say leave Robbo there, better him then some untried 16 year old that's for sure. Similarly I don't see Lyon as the answer either.

As for leaking points, the Dogs first try was a simple one on one miss from both Matai and Orford. Pretty simple stuff, just poor tackling. The second was failing to put the ball carrier down and a simple run around got the overlap for Piggytails to go in for his second. Morris's try was just a lucky bounce from Ennis sticking his boot out on an Orford grubber when we deep in attack, his foot misses and we might score, as it turned out Morris ran 80m to score. Goodwins two tries were from them getting around the edge of our compressed defence and some blame could be laid at Suniula's feet as he probably made a bad read both times.

Not worth slashing the wrists over, the conditions were atrocious and things didn't go our way. We just couldn't get into the game thanks to the penalty count in the first 40, and it was basically all over by half time. We did have two tries disallowed, probably rightly so (although Bani's warranted some benefit of the doubt I thought), so we had chances. Maybe Suniula and Lyon need to work on their defence combination a bit at training this week. We were solid enough up the middle, but our attck was a little lacklustre, as expected without our primary weapon chiming in from the back.

Room for improvement against the Warriors, but I don't see Des making any changes unless injury or suspension forces his hand. Perry will be back for Rose I assume so that'll give us a bit more grunt up front against the Warriors pack, where we'll need it. Back at Brookie this week, so we should fire up.

Pepi link said:
On the injury update website, it lists Tony Williams \"expected return\" as this week.

I heard he was still 2-3 weeks away. Hamstrings are notorious for re-occurring so we should err on the side of caution and make sure he is 100%.

Yes, late withdrawal with "flu". Rose took his place on bench and King started

C & C You're right, mostly, but Idris's first try was soft.  Matai went for the upper body and was swatted and Robbo didn't attack him, rather let him come onto him and roll over to score.  I thought if Brett was on the park we would have been the first to score when we were attacking in the first ten.  Robbo just is not the man to spear into the backline and punch through, he's a winger who waits for the ball to come to him and then goes for the line, and he's very good at that.  And the Ox kicking high to Idris, silly.  I thought the game was gone from then on.  Stupidity is contagious on the footie park.  Anyway.  Your last two paragraphs are spot on.    

Clon, yes, apparently he had the flue which meant we had three of our Australian rep players out.  Very disruptive.

The team ended up getting frustrated by teh refs very early on and it showed, Kite who usually has a cool head was getting fired up and frustrated and often looked ready to blow up.

Like you say DSM5 stupidity is contageous

Can you see Des playing Hoppa Jnr?
As much as i love des he is not a risk taker - that means no Bani and Robbo at full back till stewie is back

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2