1979 MW Pen

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just check the table. Manly made the top 5 - Penrith 2nd last. For all of Rex's prasie, the chocolate soliders must have melted once again.

I was at that game in 1981, Penrith Park was at times a grave yard even back then. That team actually finished 4th in 1981 and got better during that season

I thought that Manly missed the finals in 79 , would have been a bit of a fall from grace after being premiers the previous year but think that Manly had a lot of injuries that season , Probably losing John Harvey to the Roosters and Ian Martin did not help much either , Reckon that in 81 , Manly had a good enough side to win the comp again and ensuring that the Eels had to wait a little longer for their first title . Gee Joe ' Cool " Dorahay was a silky smooth mover during that era , shame that he had a few injuries during his Manly tenure and their fans never saw the best of him on a more regular basis . Also just one of those very gifted players [ and there have been many over time ] who for whatever reason went through their careers without a premiership ring ,[ including Les Boyd for that matter also ]

Enjoyed watching that video right through to the end.

And wasn’t that last 15 seconds from Won Casey interesting where he states...“Manly does not stand losers”.

Thought to myself, that’s precisely what our very own @BOZO would say.

Enjoyed watching that video right through to the end.

And wasn’t that last 15 seconds from Won Casey interesting where he states...“Manly does not stand losers”.

Thought to myself, that’s precisely what our very own @BOZO would say.
Thats the moto mate .
There is no place for loses in our proud club .

Mediocre is not Manly !

When only the best will do !!!
s-l300.jpg

I thought that Manly missed the finals in 79 , would have been a bit of a fall from grace after being premiers the previous year but think that Manly had a lot of injuries that season , Probably losing John Harvey to the Roosters and Ian Martin did not help much either , Reckon that in 81 , Manly had a good enough side to win the comp again and ensuring that the Eels had to wait a little longer for their first title . Gee Joe ' Cool " Dorahay was a silky smooth mover during that era , shame that he had a few injuries during his Manly tenure and their fans never saw the best of him on a more regular basis . Also just one of those very gifted players [ and there have been many over time ] who for whatever reason went through their careers without a premiership ring ,[ including Les Boyd for that matter also ]
That game took place in April 1981. As was alluded to by SheridanStand.

We deselected Penrith to the tune of 32-17 in the corresponding game up there on Easter Sunday, 1979.

It helps to have a phenomenal memory like mine, peppered with a dose of innate modesty.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6