1972 Grand Final V East Reunion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lovefooty

Reserve Grader
Its will be great to see the guys today from the 72 side.
Fred Jones, Terry Randal, Big Billy Hamilton and Bozo.
What a side they were. The game was replayed on fox the other day.

So good to see them being recognized for what they did 40 years on.

Bozo and Randal don't talk anymore as well. I think it was over chad being drooped by Des in 06

I just read in the herald that they will be given a special gift today to celebrate the 40 years. Quantum have outlay-ed 30 grand for it.
I was asked a month ago to help fund a gift for the side but I was not able to do it. I think they will like the gift. Its Very precious.

Give my very best to Herman. I'd probably be the only one but you can tell him he was my favorite player of that tough era. If he has an old jersey I'll buy it :) What a super arvo it will be at Brookie.

ManlyBacker said:
Give my very best to Herman. I'd probably be the only one but you can tell him he was my favorite player of that tough era. If he has an old jersey I'll buy it :) What a super arvo it will be at Brookie.

He has quite a few old Norths jerseys I am sure he would be willing to sell to you MB. :D

FYI the special gift was the 72 Grand final side were presented with Grand final rings before the match at Brookvale oval today as back when they won they did not give out GF rings.

Great gesture from the club acknowledging our proud history especially our 1st premiership winning side who then went back to back in 73.

tookey said:
ManlyBacker said:

He has quite a few old Norths jerseys I am sure he would be willing to sell to you MB. :D

I guess I could always polish the car with them but they had better be the same price as Chux. :)

my dad knocked around with freddy jones what a legend, they were different times back then. By todays standards freddy would of made some of the games naughty boys look like saints.

pretty impressive when you think about it, we went 25 years without winning a comp only to win 8 in 40 years.

When dad seen Freddy getting interviewed on fox today he said this "now there's a footy player" and "players would be thankful he wasn't playing today, he would lay them out if they grappled him"

The biggest things about those statements is my old man is an eels fan and said if the likes of Randall, Jones or Eadie played the parra supporters knew they were in for a tough day and can see similar things about this team.

His words don't be surprised if this Manly era is rated as one of the best

Agree, the rings are a great gesture by the club and also celebrating the 40th Anniversary of our 1st Premiership. Enjoyed seeing those players and Arko today at the Brookie.

Manly Backer - Herman wasn't there, a family member represented him. Bozo wasn't there either, he was represented by his son Brett and 2 grandsons. Strangely though, Bozo was in the 2GB broadcast box and imo could've been part of the presentation if he wanted to.

Anyway I thought it was a nice tribute to our 1st GF winning team. Well done to all involved and to whoever made the rings possible.

Jonesyv2 said:
FYI the special gift was the 72 Grand final side were presented with Grand final rings before the match at Brookvale oval today as back when they won they did not give out GF rings.

Great gesture from the club acknowledging our proud history especially our 1st premiership winning side who then went back to back in 73.

Did the board members get rings too?

(Joking).

Anyone know why billy wasn't there yesterday (other than washing his car with one of his old norths jerseys)?

I spoke to Max Brown yesterday and he was in tears having got a gold ring. He said if wasn't for Bob Reilly and the Football club it would not of happened. He also got up on stage and thanked him in a speech at the function after the game at the L/C .
All I can say is good job boys you made a lot of former players Very happy.

The manly daily had a great picture of Egor when he was playing. He still looks like he could cause trouble for anyone who takes him on.
He likes a drink as well. What a top block.

I went to the 30 year effort. Wombat was having some personal issues and he had an auction of his treasured football pieces. Golden boots, 1st origin jersry's etc, etc etc.I was amazed at his achievement, recognition from the queen, ESL winners jumpers, GF jumpers. It was a golden day, most bought stuff and gave it back to the great man. The wombat is a true legend. Thommo was the CEO at the time, another top bloke. Made you proud to be a fan,

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6