10 years ago...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagle9413

Forward Pass
The ladder is looking more and more like 2007/2008 era where Manly and Storm were the only dominant teams. I hate to call it early, but a Manly/Storm GF looks plausible this year.

Thoughts?

We are in the fresh produce section and they are in the markdowns because their use by dates closing in.
So if not this year then next.
As Wez says they can run but they can't hide.

Winning does become a habit, so that's a positive. But do we really have the dynamic second rowers needed to win a premiership?

Finals are a different comp.

Attitude and injuries determine the results :nod:

Manly have the right attitude :)

Last edited:
It is an interesting comparison. I wold say our current team is closer to the 2005 and 2006 teams, still developing and ready to take the big steps forward. The drizzle are the finished article and their era is at its peak and soon to end.

We are in the fresh produce section and they are in the markdowns because their use by dates closing in.
So if not this year then next.
As Wez says they can run but they can't hide.
Yes; however, their back-ups have shown they are quality - they will have one down year in my opinion. Our two teams will again dominate for the next 10 years.

Winning does become a habit, so that's a positive. But do we really have the dynamic second rowers needed to win a premiership?
No, every side has two or more players who don't frill but just do their job. When you think about it Winterstein and Sironen have been bloody good in that department and Sironen was just starting to take off the shackles.

Every ladder predictor i've done (tried not to be biased) has seen Manly and Storm in the grand final, go manly

It is an interesting comparison. I wold say our current team is closer to the 2005 and 2006 teams, still developing and ready to take the big steps forward. The drizzle are the finished article and their era is at its peak and soon to end.

Exactly right, they are peaking and probably for the last time, the loss of Cronk , Slater and Smith ( can't see them lasting much more than one more year, and Cronk gone this year) will have an enormous impact on the Storm, one that could take years to recover from.

And we, after two very tough years are on the cusp of being the next big thing.

Probably a couple of forwards short of being Premiership contenders.

A few things need to fall our way (e.g. injuries, refs' calls) but we can dream, and in the meantime enjoy the ride!

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7