10 officials

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
After calls from all quarters of rugby league intelligentsia to return to the far better days of 1 ref only, the nrl are to trial 10 officials per game and may institute the new systems by round 1 of the 2015 season.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...se-of-10-match-officials-20150205-137215.html

The NRL is planning a radical move that could see up to 10 officials controlling games as early as round one of the 2015 season.

The move will be tested for the first time at the annual Charity Shield clash between South Sydney and St George Illawarra on Saturday, where two referees will be joined by four sideline officials, two video referees and the return of two in-goal touch judges.

If successful, the extra officials could be in use from round one, according to referees' boss Tony Archer.

Are they insane?

Everyone can see more people making bad calls just means more bad calls not better calls. Sheesh of they can't see that the issue is different interpretation then they are mental

Lets have robot referees, that will solve this, sheeszz the last thing we need is more incompetence. The sad thing is that referees are no longer allowed to follow their instincts. I have always looked at the body language of a player and that tells you if its a try or not.

What about an 11th one strapped to spider cam?

1 on field ref , 2 touchies and 2 video refs watching closely and whispering in the refs ear in real time if he misses something. Simple.

So the fans complain to the NRL that 1 ref works better
What does Greenass do gets more officials
Hey why not have 26 officials 1 for every player just following their own player

Really he only fair way to adjudicate the game these days is to assign 1 ref to each player. That way each player is subject to an equal level of scrutiny. That's right - 26 referees.

I know what you're thinking - what about the bench? Well in addition to the 26 on field refs there could be 1 bench official for each team. I think it is reasonable that the 1 bench official on each side could officiate 4 bench players given the bench players shouldn't be doing much, but this should obviously be monitored and each bench player allocated his own ref if necessary.

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
Why stop at 26, just put as many officials on the field as will fit, pack them in like sardines and get rid of the players, then they can fit in more officials....and those bloody fans will have to go....

• 👍
we should be able to tweet our opinions on various plays...then the ref goes with whatever decision gets the most tweets.

• 👍
we should be able to tweet our opinions on various plays...then the ref goes with whatever decision gets the most tweets.
dont...just don't. We will get some Gen Y manager in there who thinks this is a great idea

This has Greenturd written all over it.
Do they ever listen to the coaches, players and fans.

This is so ridiculous, there is already issues with differing opinions with the refs and on field decisions, how on earth is 10 referees going to fix the problem.
I foresee far longer breaks in play due to inevitable referee conferences on field.

I'd like to see the VR gone and the return of in-goal refs at either end. Make human decisions and accept the odd human mistake, which can't be as bad as the situation we have where all the technology is still giving us the wrong decisions.

If this is implemented this will be on top of the already proposed 'Bunker' so it could be 12 officials reffing a game.

Ah the basket case that is the NRL administration at it again.

Now I know why Nick was buying so many brown paper bags at Bondi Coles last night.

All these extra officials is going to cost the Roosters plenty.

I'd like to see the VR gone and the return of in-goal refs at either end. Make human decisions and accept the odd human mistake, which can't be as bad as the situation we have where all the technology is still giving us the wrong decisions.
Been saying this for at least fives years. I keep getting countered with "it's all for TV"; "we have the technology why not use it?" yadda yadda... But if the decisions were made quickly on the spot and the game kept moving then TV wouldn't be able to show endless replays as they would miss so much live action. It would heighten the enjoyment for we fans who pay to attend, sometimes in bad weather, as we wouldn't have to wait, bored, for the endless replays.
Now, if we could return to having one referee, then RL may once again resemble the game we all grew up loving.

Every single new idea these d!ckhe@ds have , is the exact opposite of what our game needs.
I truly believe our game is in serious jeopardy with these nobs running the show.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7