1 min 52 secs in and.....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

simon64

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
.....Parcell is in for Ipswich.

He looks the goods, that's for sure.

He is begging to change my mind about Koroisau being hooker but I have noticed his defence isn't a good as api but it is still solid.

Wow what a talent. A lot of Broncos fans believe he will be better than Jake Graville who has been huge for the Cowboys this year

Wow what a talent. A lot of Broncos fans believe he will be better than Jake Graville who has been huge for the Cowboys this year
That's a huge call. I'd Granville over any other hooker in the NRL on this season's form.

I'm loving the way the Walker Brothers have Ipswich playing.
With a bit of luck our new coaches take some inspiration.
And, yes, Parcell is our hooker for 2016, as much as I love Matt as a player and clubman.

Grandson of former international Gary Parcell. A fair player by all reports.

Gary Parcell made his test debut for Australia in the first Ashes test on the 1959 Kangaroo tour at Station Road, Swinton. His second row partner that day was none other than Rex Mossop. He would go on to play in 8 tests, the last against Great Britain in the first test of the 1962 Ashes at the SCG.

That game at the SCG attracted 70,174. Try fitting that into the ground now.......

http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/players/gary-parcell/summary.html

I think who our hooker is depends on the game plan Koroisau if based on defence Parcell if based on attack.
Game plan? The two most overused words in the coaching book, Ipswich wins because they score more points than their opposition. Simple.

We need to convert one of the abundance of hookers and fullbacks into a 5/8 like Morgan, Lockyer, Milford, Austin

The try was nice, but the jogging across field from dummy half and turning it back on the inside to a forward runner will get lapped up in first grade. The lack of line speed from the Knights in that first half was alarming.

He looks a good athlete and I noticed the service was very crisp when he did pass straight from dummy half. He certainly throws a better ball than Jayden Hodges!

The try was nice, but the jogging across field from dummy half and turning it back on the inside to a forward runner will get lapped up in first grade.
Possibly, but that is coached. They play sideways looking for a runner and want him moving with the ball as often as possible because it engages defenders. It is a distinct tactic by the Walkers.

The try was nice, but the jogging across field from dummy half and turning it back on the inside to a forward runner will get lapped up in first grade. The lack of line speed from the Knights in that first half was alarming.
i think the lack of line speed was because of the confusion regarding the jets style of play, the knights were so determined to keep a straight line of defence they were afraid to move up quick in case they left gaps.

Possibly, but that is coached. They play sideways looking for a runner and want him moving with the ball as often as possible because it engages defenders. It is a distinct tactic by the Walkers.
Yeah it's certainly deliberate I just hope he leaves it in the kit bag next year.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8