‘IT’S TORN BUT THE WORSE IT IS THE BETTER THE NEWS’

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Not Paul Kent

Reserve Grader
Sorry if already posted elsewhere! Choc is one tough mother!

BLUES forward Anthony Watmough has revealed how he has played with a damaged bicep for the past two months.

Despite rupturing it last night in the Blues’ brave 12-8 win over the Maroons, Watmough was in the sheds hoping it was completely torn off the bone so he can keep playing.

That is despite early reports suggesting he could be out for the year.

“It has been bad for six or eight weeks or so,” Watmough tells RLW.

“I’ve ruptured the bicep now but the worse it is, the better the news.

“If it is off the bone then we can manage it and move on and hopefully be right for next week.

“We’ve just got to get a bit of strength back in it.

“But it is beyond operable.

“We’ve tried to make out it was an elbow injury and that it wasn’t so bad.

“You have just got to wait for it to fully tear and then you can build it back up again.

“But it is torn so we’ve got to deal with it.

“We were waiting for it to go. It’s just unfortunate that it went tonight.

“I had to come off, because I would have been a passenger.”

- JOEL GOULD

HappilyManly said:
Moderators please merge these injury threads :)

We are multiplying our concerns :(

I am uneducated in the art of thread merging
But on the non-Manly, or should I say unManly, injury front, the drizzle will be without their big 3 salary cap rorters for a couple of weeks or more. :angel:

I'm just a bit confused by the news to be honest. If its torn off the bone its good news? I can understand how it might enable him to get it fixed properly, but surely he would be out for a matter of weeks it is was?

Masked Eagle said:
I'm just a bit confused by the news to be honest. If its torn off the bone its good news? I can understand how it might enable him to get it fixed properly, but surely he would be out for a matter of weeks it is was?

My understanding is that other muscles can then compensate, I had a full avulsion of the hammy (torn from glute insertion) and walked (or limped) after it. Doc said my quads kicked in and compensated, but if still connected the muscle still tries to fire - happy for more educated people to correct.

Thanks for that. I'd still like to know how Chocs torn pec is different to other torn pecs which seem to rule players out for the season. Is it because Chocs just tougher than everyone else?

Masked Eagle said:
Thanks for that. I'd still like to know how Chocs torn pec is different to other torn pecs which seem to rule players out for the season. Is it because Chocs just tougher than everyone else?

Understand it to be a torn Bicep

Masked Eagle said:

not pec, bicep. One is in the chest area, the other the arm area. My guess with the pec is that is restricts full movement of the arm which the bicep wouldn't.

Can someone explain to me the purpose of medical checks for players going into rep footy camps. With both DCE & Choc both going into camp injured how come they were both allowed to play. Are the medical checks just a token gesture and nothing to do with player welfare

mmmdl said:
Masked Eagle said:

not pec, bicep. One is in the chest area, the other the arm area. My guess with the pec is that is restricts full movement of the arm which the bicep wouldn't.

I'm no doctor but I do know you have two tendons at the top of your bicep. One goes up to over the top of the shoulder joint and the other goes into the chest (pec) wall. The other thing to consider is that you also have a tendon at the bottom of the bicep that joins it to top of forearm which may be Choc's issue seeing as he was masking it as an elbow injury.

MissKate said:
Can someone explain to me the purpose of medical checks for players going into rep footy camps. With both DCE & Choc both going into camp injured how come they were both allowed to play. Are the medical checks just a token gesture and nothing to do with player welfare

I think most players would be carrying niggling injuries into the game, I suppose it's a case of management of the injury.

I am curious to know what is wrong with Foran? They said on Fox just now he is out indefinitelty and they are waiting to hear more?

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7