Zorba's lost another gig

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Frogz

Bencher
Premium Member
Zorba and Hollywood finished

Sunday, 08 January 2012 05:59

The longest sporting partnership in Sydney radio is over. Zorba and Hollywood, Peters Peters and Greg Hartley, will no longer be heard on 2KY's Sky Sports Radio on Sunday mornings. They started as rugby league commentators way back in 1982. Hartley has taken the news hard. He's been recovering from a heart attack.
Peters say, "I'm not bitter it's been a great run." Zorba is now concentrating on an explosive autobiography, which will be published in September when a media clause in his termination agreement with Manly expires. Sky have handed the reins to Jimmy Smith and Stuart Clark.
.................................................................................................

This should be "quality" journalism......Just what we will need in the lead up to another Grand Final

Time finally caught up with them. No surprise, they were a pair of dinosaurs.

Jimmy Smith and Stuart Clark aren't too bad actually.

Chip and Chase said:
Time finally caught up with them. No surprise, they were a pair of dinosaurs.

Jimmy Smith and Stuart Clark aren't too bad actually.

Jimmy Smith is an absolute tosser and Stuart Clark isn't too far behind. They carry on like 2 little school girls, giggling at each others attempt of humour.

Wonder if he will balme the 2ky Board :dodgy:

Time to exit left stage - he can enjoy his salacious writings undisturbed by the reality of the 21st Century :mad:

Frogz said:
Zorba and Hollywood finished

Sunday, 08 January 2012 05:59

The longest sporting partnership in Sydney radio is over. Zorba and Hollywood, Peters Peters and Greg Hartley, will no longer be heard on 2KY's Sky Sports Radio on Sunday mornings. They started as rugby league commentators way back in 1982. Hartley has taken the news hard. He's been recovering from a heart attack.
Peters say, "I'm not bitter it's been a great run." Zorba is now concentrating on an explosive autobiography, which will be published in September when a media clause in his termination agreement with Manly expires. Sky have handed the reins to Jimmy Smith and Stuart Clark.
.................................................................................................

This should be "quality" journalism......Just what we will need in the lead up to another Grand Final

Does Peters realise the timing of the release of this must have book could have been better thought out?..what a dickhead, perhaps he will move and take up the position of bulldogs media officer.

Why would he care?

He has been put out to pasture before, what he believes, is his time so he is going to try cash in while he can

The Aged Pension pay about $260 per week.

More info here Zorba, http://www.centrelink.gov.au/internet/internet.nsf/payments/age_rates.htm

And i wouldnt get too many of those books printed, it will sell about as well as Matthew Ridges book and will be in the bargain bin for $5 within a couple of months.

the mauler said:
Jimmy Smith is an absolute tosser

Couldn't agree more. What can you expect from a bloke that follows both Souths and the Roosters and describes a game between those two teams as a win/win scenario. Turnip.

I think Zorba will be back on 2KY on Sunday morning once the season starts with Jimmy Smith - that is what was said on Sunday by Smith - Hollywood has been given the shaft by the looks of things.

He already has another job with Barry Stewart

DUMPED Manly legend Peter Peters has wasted no time finding a new business interest for next season - the former media man is becoming a butcher. Zorba has linked up with Barry Stewart, the father of Brett and Glenn, to start a company called Bazza's Mobile Wholesale Meats. Barry Stewart has been a butcher all his working life on the south coast. "I've got a lot of contacts in the restaurants and club industry," Zorba said. "Combined with Barry's expertise as a butcher, I think we can do well." As one Manly player quipped: "It'll do well as long as Zorba doesn't eat all the profits."

If Zorba is on the Manly football club board or leagues club board, and he comes up with a dump-on-everybody style book, wouldn't the club be best served to maybe severe ties with him now ? I can see another pay out ( whatever the size may be ) down the track when push comes to shove, and he refuses to resign from his position, should the book be just shyte hanging on the sea eagles. For a bloke who says they love the club blah blah etc, he surely will be biting the hand that fed him for soooo long ,should he bring such a book out. Maybe he should reconsider and be remembered for the service he gave , instead of someone who believes they have a job for life and that manly owe him. In effect he is choosing to make money out of possibly defaming the club etc...hope he has some of his payout money left, 'cause he is surely to get his big bottom sued should he not be able to substantiate his 'facts"

WESTIE said:
If Zorba is on the Manly football club board or leagues club board, and he comes up with a dump-on-everybody style book, wouldn't the club be best served to maybe severe ties with him now ? I can see another pay out ( whatever the size may be ) down the track when push comes to shove, and he refuses to resign from his position, should the book be just shyte hanging on the sea eagles. For a bloke who says they love the club blah blah etc, he surely will be biting the hand that fed him for soooo long ,should he bring such a book out. Maybe he should reconsider and be remembered for the service he gave , instead of someone who believes they have a job for life and that manly owe him. In effect he is choosing to make money out of possibly defaming the club etc...hope he has some of his payout money left, 'cause he is surely to get his big bottom sued should he not be able to substantiate his 'facts"

He is a member of the Football Club Board, which is an elected position and as far as I know it is unpaid. Ergo.....no payout and no ability to sack him, only the Members can vote him out.

WESTIE said:

Crap on Zorba for what reason? Just because the article uses the word 'explosive' to announce his autobiography??? Please. He is hardly going to drum up interest by saying he's writing a tame autobiography. Zorba 'defaming the club', yes I'll believe that when I see it.

bob dylan said:
The Aged Pension pay about $260 per week.

More info here Zorba, http://www.centrelink.gov.au/internet/internet.nsf/payments/age_rates.htm

And i wouldnt get too many of those books printed, it will sell about as well as Matthew Ridges book and will be in the bargain bin for $5 within a couple of months.

That's if he can con someone into publishing it.

I think we are dumping **** on zorba a little too quick. Maybe he has re written a few chapters after he found out Des thought he was incompetent.

conanu said:
I think we are dumping s**t on zorba a little too quick. Maybe he has re written a few chapters after he found out Des thought he was incompetent.

Good post mate. People
Round here find it very easy to put **** on zorba. Poor form if you ask me

conanu said:
I think we are dumping s**t on zorba a little too quick. Maybe he has re written a few chapters after he found out Des thought he was incompetent.
It is unfair to judge a book by its cover .

I seriously doubt Zorba's book will be all that critical of the club.

Perry and Reilly, yeah he'll give it to them, maybe even Des in a light-hearted way, but Zorb won't knock the club itself too much if at all.

patorick2010 said:
I seriously doubt Zorba's book will be all that critical of the club.

Perry and Reilly, yeah he'll give it to them, maybe even Des in a light-hearted way, but Zorb won't knock the club itself too much if at all.

Zorba has had access to uncountable generations of successful and maybe less so Manly players, match incidents and officials over so many years, his book could give unique and entertaining insights of significance to all current Manly fans and future Rugby League historians. As reference material for those anxious to discover more gossip, unreported factual achievements and curiosities of their heros and football legends, some now not alive, it could become a huge nostalgia feast. Great RL moments may be seen with fresh eyes, closer to the action or anecdotally on the training field or inside the sheds. If, however, it becomes a spiteful response from a bitter frustrated insider distorting aspects of events, characters and achievements to satisfy some perceived injustices as some here have suspected it could become it would most certainly be a tragic opportunity lost for us all. We will wait and see if he can educate, amuse and/or interest . Or will he be merely political and partisan? Maybe neither, just vaguely personal and passionate to clearly present the facts of his life lived? Who knows? And i would hope he does outstanding justice to his Sea Eagles experiences which cover a very broad stretch of time and not focus unduly on the minutia of recent vexing but comparatively insignificant administrivia...And I hope above all, he is a very good writer whichever approach he adopts...This is Zorba's most important test...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4