1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zorbas lap dog

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Desert Boot Kid, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Desert Boot Kid

Desert Boot Kid Active Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 5
    Guy's go check out bulldog ritchies twitter feed from tonight https://twitter.com/bulldogritchie

It is the most unprofessional thing I have read from a so called journalist.

He basically confirms that he is just Penns mouth piece in the media he is in a slanging match with people.

I have very little time for journo's but his behaviour tonight on twitter is a joke.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    Just out of almost comical disinterest I just took a look at that twitter link. I would rather chew razor blades that do that again.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Top End Eagle

Top End Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942 / 40
    What a sad little man.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ssteacup

ssteacup Active Member

Ratings:
    +149 / 11
  5. Wyllie Eagle

Wyllie Eagle Active Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 5
    He's been writing anti- Delmege/pro-Penn articles going all the way back to 2009 if you Google it. The Penns/Zorba have leaked to him and Rothfield, making it all public instead of keeping it in house. In doing so they've undermined the club and caused the exodus of players. There needs to be an extraordinary meeting of members called to sort this crap out.

• Like Like x 5
  6. lsz

lsz Well-Known Member Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,647 / 66
    Max does not come out of it looking too good either

7. Eaglessss

Eaglessss Active Member

Ratings:
    +112 / 7

8. Eaglessss

Eaglessss Active Member

Ratings:
    +112 / 7
    I think Max won that fight!

9. Desert Boot Kid

Desert Boot Kid Active Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 5
    Max is a passionate supporter (like him or not) I don't know man I respect what he did for our club. I just can't believe a supposedly objective journo would carry on like that on twitter.

He did himself or the Penns no credit.

Bulldog is nearly a 50 year old man and he is doing a #penn #zorba (like a teenager) maybe it was tongue in cheek but it looked terrible.

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
  10. lurker

lurker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +798 / 33
    Wow that was embarrassing for all parties involved. They acted like teenagers in a school yard argument

• Like Like x 1
  11. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    Well twitter is for the twits

12. lsz

Ratings:
    +3,647 / 66
    Max made his point and should have ducked out - you are not going to win against a fool

13. manlywarringah

manlywarringah Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +885 / 27
    Penns have been airing our problems and leaking things to the media since our news conference years ago when Quantum came on a our major sponsor.

Instead of it being a positive announcement, penn decided to air our dirty laundry by telling the media conference about delmege not paying his bills.

Even if it were true (which no doubt it was) you don't tell the Rugby League world about it. That should've been kept inhouse.

As it was always the penns version being leaked, the other side decided to leak as well to balance the argument. Now we just have Manly bashing not only from the media but from within every year.

Never trusted him since and he has given me good reason not to every year.

I wish they would sell up and move on.

Calling all millionaires!!!!!!

• Like Like x 4
  14. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    Ritchie should be writing about the sale of the MW District Leagues Club at under market value to a related party.

Still don't understand how the LC agreed to sell for 7m, real estate onsold at 21m ?
    Allegedly the LC were still left with a 3m debt after this transpired.

Or were the reported in the DT articles wrong?

A community asset lost @:cry:

• Like Like x 1
  15. manlywarringah

manlywarringah Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +885 / 27
    I would also like that to be investigated.

I truly believe that was the only reason the penns decided to buy into Manly.

Not just the Leagues Club but did they also get the old Football Club land?

I think they saw a VERY LUCRATIVE opportunity to make millions and jumped in after Max had to cough up the initial cash to keep us afloat. When they saw blood in the water with Max and his business, they jumped in knowing full well the new tv deal meant clubs received a major increase in grants and they woudn't have to cough up as much money as in the past.

Now they've made a VERY LUCRATIVE profit from our Leagues club which just happens to have his uncle on the board.

Stinks to high heaven if you ask me.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Eaglessss

Eaglessss Active Member

Ratings:
    +112 / 7
    Of course you would say that. At least Ritchie had foot in mouth and told everyone what we have been thinking for years. Who the real leak was..

17. lurker

lurker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +798 / 33
    You don't think it was embarrassing for everyone? I thought that was a balanced assessment. I don't think Ritchie or max showered themselves in respectability. they had a public slanging match. I think you should get over yourself I wasn't bagging your God I simply said it wasn't a good look

18. seaeagles4life

seaeagles4life Active Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0
    You wouldn't necessarily need millionaires to buy out Manly. If Penns bought out Quantum for $9 million for their 50% of Manly then a max of $20 million would buy at least a controlling interest or wholly owned.

A consortium of say 4000 Manly fans pinching in $5000 each could own Manly, appoint our own board and staff. With a vested interest the shareholders would network and attain sponsors to pay for the day to day running of the club. Essentially the same as making Manly public but only offering ownership to Manly fans so that we can't be bought out by news or some other party that would be in it for the $ instead of the heart.

• Like Like x 3
  19. lsz

Ratings:
    +3,647 / 66
    For mind max made his point and could have left Ritchie to embarrass himself more (rather than dropping down to his level)

20. Eaglessss

Eaglessss Active Member

Ratings:
    +112 / 7
    No not embarrassing at all.
    I actually think it's great even if it wasn't Max that someone finally stood up to him, slammed him then silenced him for the night.
    The horrible things he has written about our club it's about time someone did it.