1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zorba

Discussion in 'Silvertails Soapbox' started by Nthn NSW, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Nthn NSW

Nthn NSW Active Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0
    Why is it that one of the few times Zorba speaks to the papers(not on his radio gig)he co-operates with the Tele on a piece about being caught flirting on-line.Seems like the journo was at the seminar,so why the f#*k would he allow that?

To me it appears he has to many conflicts of interest to be suitable for the job..

2. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    he is part of the Penn family and not going anywhere

3. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0
    I agree, this should have been a positive news story for the club, not a bash our players fest.

I bet what has happened is that whoever wrote the piece was given access and permission and then it was assumed they would write a fluff piece on Manly getting tough on Social Media, then they have gone and done the opposite.

4. Mybludog

Mybludog Active Member

Ratings:
    +57 / 0
    Had a quick yak to Zorba on Friday night. Looked pretty good. Lost a lot of weight.

Oh ****.....i'll probably get baned for not whinging

5. The Eagle

The Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    Quickly whinge about fuel prices!

6. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,462 / 74
    I hardly think it was Zorba's fault that the tele put their spin on it and made it negative. Positive stories about Manly just don't sell their papers.

I can see how this was probably intentioned as positive and the Newspapers decided to spin it a different way

7. WAMF

WAMF Well-Known Member

Perth
    Ratings:
    +408 / 0
    I agree. It's all Lowe's fault.

8. ayjay007

ayjay007 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    Zorba has the goat photos

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    lmao..well i did read where someone was saying he should be out there more not just promoting them in the manly daily.. so this is what happens when he tries to get it out there .. it gets twisted around & comes back to bite us .. just leave him with manly daily .. ;)

10. willstyles

willstyles Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Bingo.

I'm interested to see why out of all sixteen clubs who took part in this exercise, Manly was the one that generated front page news? It seems that we can still sell papers...

11. Duff

Duff Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +547 / 9
    Bingo.

I'm interested to see why out of all sixteen clubs who took part in this exercise, Manly was the one that generated front page news? It seems that we can still sell papers...
    [/quote]

They're threatening Brett not to sue them. They're showing how they can tear him & the club to shreds if they want to, even with no ammo.

12. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,761 / 72
    Bingo.

[/quote]

Will I was interested to the Manly Daily run a similar story today but not a sentence about the trial?

13. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    Wheel, the trial was @ http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/sharks-feel-the-bite/ but we had already got better coverage by our Silvertails attendees.

14. willstyles

willstyles Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Bingo.

[/quote]

Will I was interested to the Manly Daily run a similar story today but not a sentence about the trial?
    [/quote]

Hmm... Not sure mate, don't work at the MD anymore - I know there was a match report up on the website on the night of the trial though?

I read the MD story, thought it was far more reasonable! Actually said some things about how Manly had been stitched up. The pictures nicked from Choc's facebook page had me scratching my head though. Not sure what purpose they served other than for shock value?

15. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,761 / 72
    Thx guys, the trial report didnt make the paper version though - all good