Zorba wins FC board spot without a fight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I don't know what to think about this. I will sit on the fence for a while and see how it pans out.

The article link above doesn't show the date of the Football Club AGM - This will be held at the Leagues club on Thursday Dec 15th at 7pm (It does appear in the Manly Daily and in the on-line edition)

A formal notice will be sent by mail to all members (If you have changed postal address in the last 12 months it may be worth calling the Leagues Club reception on 02 9939 6722 (Choose option 4 to speak to an operator) and they will be able to check the address on file we have for you?)

The MWSE board representatives for the Football Club are chosen and agreed by the FC board members.

The company secretary is agreed by the FC board - Philip Dean has done a tremendous job for the club over the years (and continues to do so) and as he was willing to stand again this was ratified by the board members.

As there were no other candidates over and above the ones mentioned there is no need for a vote on the make up of the board - hence no need for proxies for that.

I'd certainly encourage all members to attend the AGM as there will be the opportunity for members to ask questions.

But, as mentioned before - If you are not able to attend or should any members have any questions or wish to discuss any matters relating to the Football Club prior to the meeting, please feel free to contact me?

Also, please remember that the FC membership period runs from January - December so renewals will be sent soon as well (usually with the notice of meeting)

You can of course also choose the "upgrade" offer when taking up Sea Eagles membership http://membership.seaeagles.com.au/ (and this saves you $15 on the normal $25 membership fee)

Finally, there has been mention of some members not having been able to see a copy of the FC constitution.

This will be available on-line in the next month or so via a Football Club website so please stay tuned and I'll advise when live.

It seems I'm a member of the football club..... Twice. Got two new cards in the mail yesterday. Might get two votes.

bones said:
It seems I'm a member of the football club..... Twice. Got two new cards in the mail yesterday. Might get two votes.

I checked with the admin people and they will be in contact soon to sort it out mate.

bones said:

You know what the Labor party say, vote early and vote often !

The Wheel said:
The only thing that is needed now is for Bob Reilly to remove himself from the football club's rep on the Sea Eagles board and we can all move on.

Do the right thing Bob!
Bob Reilly should not only remove himself but he should also relieve him self !!!

Benefit of hindsight I know, but I'm starting to wish I'd nominated, seeing as it's so easy to get on.

DSM5 said:
If Z gets onto the board then we'll all be moved.....to ANZ.
Hey feathered friend get it right ! If the Great Z gets on the board we wont move to the ANZ . we will be financially secured and have more money in the ANZ.:D:

I love Zorb and think he'll be a great addtion on the FC Board.....but I think it would be like setting fireworks off if he ended up as the FC Rep on the MWSE board.

Berkeley, I don't think people 'hate' Z, it' just that he's way past his use by date. I can't recall any useful thing he's done lately. As media manager? not to many runs on the board. Walked away from the infamous 'launch'. Wrote a 'report' that included ill-considered stuff that the NRL have used against us, was down the back of a hall stupidly heckling politicos who may have been useful, and he's related to the Penns. I'm personally not into nepotism. All that aside, he's a lousy dresser.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Don't understand why the hatred of Zorba

I dont know whether it hatred but more so there are some consider him too old to be of any use, whist they are quite happy to support Athurson who is much older, doesnt make sense.
We want out players to be happy off field, and that helps their performances when playing . If Zorba has a positive influence on the players, then whats the problem.
Some people seem to forget that he will bring experience to board and perhaps keep the other board members on their toes.

Earnie, I don't think anyone minded that Z hung around being a positive influence on the players. It was the fact that he was being paid to hang around and that he was ineffectual in that paid position that has got up people's noses. I don't quite know what 'experience' he will bring to the board. If he is just another Penn 'hand in the air' then we'll all be on our toes. And between you and I, I'm of the opinion that wisdom doesn't necessarily reside in the old.

DSM5 said:
Earnie, I don't think anyone minded that Z hung around being a positive influence on the players. It was the fact that he was being paid to hang around and that he was ineffectual in that paid position that has got up people's noses. I don't quite know what 'experience' he will bring to the board. If he is just another Penn 'hand in the air' then we'll all be on our toes. And between you and I, I'm of the opinion that wisdom doesn't necessarily reside in the old.

Quite true wisdom and age and lets hope that something positive comes from him being on the board.

DSM5 said:

@DSM5 He has worked at the Sea Eagles for nearly 10 years hasn't he? He probably has a bit more insight on the day-to-day challenges of the Club.

There should be a mix of business / commercial board members and those who understand the Football part of it.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4