Zorba - Manly will remain a force

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Great article from Zorba and I fully concur with what he is saying. The bit about Will Hopoate also makes sense. It seems having the right advice and correct mentors is very important for young and impressionable players. The right fit in club and culture would seem to be just as important as the weekly pay-cheque.

I couldn't agree more CW. From what I can see they only have Will to manage.

I don't blame the kid himself but more his manager and father and the way it was handled.

He is gone now and he will be a great talent no matter where he goes but it’s time to move on and for someone else to stand up and shine in his place.

Yes, it's a tragedy for the Sea Eagles that he appears to be headed to Parramatta in 2014.
But that's a long way in the distance. A lot can happen in this game in two weeks, let alone two years.

I agree with this, there is a lot of water to pass under the bridge before we see Hoppa in a Parramatta jersey. Obviously I would have wanted him to commit to Manly, but as Zorba says, you never know anything could happen in 2 years.

As for the timing of the announcment, Zorba is right again. Pretty poor form from Hoppa's management. He would be better off getting away from them, although as his dad is involved I doubt that will happen.

I get less impressed with the Hopoate situation by the day

Just reading through RLW and read him talking about how he hopes to be back here with his mates in 2 years etc

Hopefully honestly isn't a big part of his preaching the next couple of years

Yes excellent article from Zorba and some light footwork for obvious reasons on the Will Hopoate issue.

A good many people would be feeling let down to say the very least regarding how William's deal was done and announced, and by what he was still telling his team mates and the media even the day after the grand final.

So was William deliberately lying to his team mates and the fans, or was he kept in the dark by his manager and/or by his father who then later informed him "Arfur Daley style" that sorry son you're backed into a corner with a deal that they'd already stitched up on his behalf?

Well someone certainly seemed stitched up.....:s

Or was it another scenario altogether that no one's thought of yet? Maybe we'll never know...

brookiegreg said:
or was he kept in the dark by his manager and/or by his father who then later informed him "Arfur Daley style" that sorry son you're backed into a corner with a deal that they'd already stitched up on his behalf?

That wouldn't surprise me

Just remember that Will's manager is married to the sister of the chump the call the man (Anthony Mundine). They way it was all carried out in my eyes stinks of Mundine and Khoder Nasser. I am sure they came out of the same agent school, (well if I tell myself enough times I start to believe it and it doesn't hurt as much).

i thought i read somewhere that Will told the team in the sheds after the gf win?

If this is true, then the lie he told to the media the day after it just makes him look so much worse :S

OneEyedEagle said:
Just remember that Will's manager is married to the sister of the chump the call the man (Anthony Mundine). They way it was all carried out in my eyes stinks of Mundine and Khoder Nasser. I am sure they came out of the same agent school, (well if I tell myself enough times I start to believe it and it doesn't hurt as much).
the player manager never has the players full interests at heart. He is the man pushing for the dollars, more for him that way. He is not considering how happy the player is with the player group the clubs location.
The way i see it, Will is a great player, but not worth the Parramatta price tag. We were never going to pay that much. Good luck to Will

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4