Zorba - Lockyer no immortal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Eagle said:
Supernintendo Chalmers said:
eagles2win said:
Despite this year having some positive media for our player's and club a like.

Along comes Zorba with his latest article (and while it goes on to say it is own opinion) it undo's alot of good work. He should go on to realise that his opinion reflects badly on the Sea Eagles as a brand.

I hope someone in the club tells him to pull his head in.

That's it, while everyone has a right to an opinion, and to express it. any sane person in his position should be able to stop and think of the ramifications on the club of blurting something like this out. You'd be an idiot to not know what the papers are like now always looking for the controversial angle and he just feeds it to them.

this guy just likes seeing his name in print far too much for my liking. As a media manager, does his job not entail trying to gain as much media coverage for the club as possible? (obviously positive coverage is a key point of maintaining such a position). i know in my place of work if our media officer was garnering as much negative press on the brand they'd be out the door in a flash. and if he thinks his comments don't reflect on the brand in general and add fuel to already burning fires, he's a dead set goose.

he should know anything he blurts out is going to be associated with his position at the club, and twisted in as many ways as possible by the media to look worse than whatever dribble that comes from him.

dead man walking if i was in charge of the place.

He said it doesnt in any way reflect the idea's of the club so let him whinge

he can say it all he wants, do you think every media outlet is going to mention him saying something like that though? no, they want the drama.

if he wants to be a commentator and throw his opinions around then by all means go for it.. but as long as his job is with the manly club (im presuming to maintain a positive presence in the media, correct me if im wrong here) then he should know no matter how much he throws in little disclaimers, his words will come back on the club itself, so quit that first, then go throw your opinions around.. see how many people publish his dribble then. it's only published because these outlets can turn his words into looking like it's the club having a whinge..

Good on him.

Zorba is sending a subtle message that Menzies was overlooked, and quite frankly, Darren, "I own this town and I can crash tackle anyone on the street that I see" Lockyer, does not deserve immortal status. If that fires up the Broncos, the great, I am all for it.

As tempting as it is to send out a reserve grade team to rain on his parade, we should just fly up there and beat them!

Rounds 25 and 26 will be a massive test. We will do everything to win and so will they.

Phantar said:
The man (Peters) is a genius. Come Round 26, I'm sure his article will be up on their Broncos dressing room wall in large font, so that the Broncos players that can read, can read it out to the ones that can't.

Regardless of what Zorba wrote , if we are good enough on the day we will beat the broncos.

Zorba , premiership winning player , journalist , commentator , club manager , Representing the Sea Eagles since the 70s , a Manly icon. Qualified to say what ever he wants in the game. He played with no fear and he says it with no fear , on yah Zorba the golden greek :D

I'm not too worried, Zorba does come out with the odd clanger but I can't imagine something like this making any difference at all to the Broncos when they run out against us. They will be up for Locky's last game anyway.

Zorba has always had a career as a journo even during his playing days. That was his job in the days when players had jobs. I wouldn't be surprised if his Manly job paid quite modestly so I don't begrudge him keeping his 'day job' going. He has been Manly to the core for a long time.

If my figures are correct, Lockyer should equal Lamb and Menzies record this weekend and break it next weekend. I'd love it if he didn't get the chance! The name Tonya Harding comes to mind. :)

Zorba should move over and let someone else do the job. Manly needs to get more professional on the media side and bring in someone that's not just time serving. Zorba might have been a good player or whatever (100 years ago) but his outbursts are generally self serving (to draw attention to himself) and usually just plain embarassing to our Club.

And by the way Darren Lockyer is an absolute champion - only second to our great hero The Beaver. He deserves his farewell game on a Sunday afternoon at Suncorp - he's earned the right to be treated with respect. Just because mistakes have been made in the past, doesn't mean the league has to repeat them.

I don't think any one is saying he doesn't deserve it. People are simply saying that there are others who should probably be closer to the front of the line.

And haven't you set a lovely tone for a long posting career! You'll fit in well here! :)

WTF! said:
. . . Just because mistakes have been made in the past, doesn't mean the league has to repeat them.
First post I see. You really don't know much about the way the NRL works, do you? lol

The No Real Leadership has made not learning from your mistakes common practice and lives by this philosophy daily.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4