Zorba is laughing.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
One feels they knew these sort of **** performances were coming that's why they banned us from their website forums.The administration of this once proud club has reverted back to the dark days of the N.E and it is really showing on and off the field.

What ****es me most is all the fighting last year from penn and delmege had to be leaked by someone in the club. Not the forum, but to the press. Dont know who it was obviously but it was by far the worst publicty manly had and it did affect the team. Poor form

LOL @ Zorba saying Hoddo got out of a sick bed to play, seems like he's been in that bed since he signed with the dogs

I wonder if the club's attitude at the moment has alienated a few fans? Crap crowds at Brookie for the past few matches.

I sent an email to the show about DCE being on stand bye for hodkinson.
They still went with the player that wasn't 100%.
Where's the accountability? add to that Des shuttingdown the press conference after 1 question.

IMO, the after match press conference is when the coach of the losing side, takes their medicine.

Moops link said:
I wonder if the club's attitude at the moment has alienated a few fans? Crap crowds at Brookie for the past few matches.

Personally I would put that down more to the fact Manly fan's seem to be more fair weather followers and are soft

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=Moops link=topic=183953.msg273066#msg273066 date=1278803650]

Personally I would put that down more to the fact Manly fan's seem to be more fair weather followers and are soft
[/quote]

What a load of crap Kiwi. I remember sitting at Brookvale Oval 7 odd years ago with my 8.5 month pregnant wife, in the pouring rain, and a crowd of circa 2,000 in our Dark Days against Nth QLD, where we got pumped.

We have MORE than our fair share of fantastic fans. Ones that stick around through the thick and thin, regardless of what happens on the park.

We have guys like Dan, Mark, Wheel, Mouse, SGT, Aaron and co. who dedicate their free time for this club etc.

Take it easy. Direct your frustration in the right area mate - it's those players, and our management team that are letting us down at present. We, as a fanbase should galvenise in a time like this - not turn on each other.

Kiwi Eagle link said:

[/quote]Spoken like a true YES man

Ryan link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=183953.msg273089#msg273089 date=1278805282]

[/quote]

What a load of crap Kiwi. I remember sitting at Brookvale Oval 7 odd years ago with my 8.5 month pregnant wife, in the pouring rain, and a crowd of circa 2,000 in our Dark Days against Nth QLD, where we got pumped.

We have MORE than our fair share of fantastic fans. Ones that stick around through the thick and thin, regardless of what happens on the park.

We have guys like Dan, Mark, Wheel, Mouse, SGT, Aaron and co. who dedicate their free time for this club etc.

Take it easy. Direct your frustration in the right area mate - it's those players, and our management team that are letting us down at present. We, as a fanbase should galvenise in a time like this - not turn on each other.
[/quote]

Are you serious? I don't think he was talking about the core supporters who will be there regardless. I think that he was talking about the 6000/7000 fans that push up our attendance to the 16/17000 mark. These are the fans that he was calling soft.

Moops link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=183953.msg273095#msg273095 date=1278805578]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Are you serious? I don't think he was talking about the core supporters who will be there regardless. I think that he was talking about the 6000/7000 fans that push up our attendance to the 16/17000 mark. These are the fans that he was calling soft.
[/quote]

Every team has those mate. Every team. Hell, Melbourne has them even when they are winning the minor / and major premierships. It's no rocket science idea about pulling crowds. We played Souths at Brookie in 2008 (heritage week I think it was 2 years ago) in front of 20,000 odd fans.

Moops link said:

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah I think he was talking about the magority, not the minority. We are no different to most clubs, when we are winning you have plenty that come out of the wood work. I'm not sure our fans are as fickle as Parra fans though.

Ryan link said:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Fair call Ryan, and I will cop that on the chin as deserved, but it is not where I intended the comment to be, or how it should be taken. I am not meaning the core group of Manly fans that are passionate, and get on places like this to have their say

I am more talking about the types that only show their face when the going is good. The best example I can give, is that I sat at ANZ Stadium in 2008 for the Grand Final, and I would estimate that 65-70,000 in that ground were supporting Manly that night wearing Maroon. They had "been supporting Manly all their lives" and were "huge Manly fans". However when the going gets tough, they get going and you don't spot them until we make the Grand Final again

Exactly mate - and a lot of other ones. I'm actually very proud of our supporter base. A very passionate group indeed (maybe just after the Souths faithful).

Remember, guys who come on here to vent aren't doing so because they hate us - they are doing so because they are so upset, and want us to win...so a level of empathy is warranted, and shows maturity from all involved.

Adding further to this, I don't think fans are stupid either. Maybe a few of them are not sensing a harmonious and stable club at present?

Kiwi Eagle link said:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Fair call Ryan, and I will cop that on the chin as deserved, but it is not where I intended the comment to be, or how it should be taken. I am not meaning the core group of Manly fans that are passionate, and get on places like this to have their say

I am more talking about the types that only show their face when the going is good. The best example I can give, is that I sat at ANZ Stadium in 2008 for the Grand Final, and I would estimate that 65-70,000 in that ground were supporting Manly that night wearing Maroon. They had "been supporting Manly all their lives" and were "huge Manly fans". However when the going gets tough, they get going and you don't spot them until we make the Grand Final again
[/quote]

TOTALLY agree mate, and like Grant Mayer said at the time, where were all these supporters when membership packages were being made available on the day??

We really need to ramp up the feeling of being a part of this "community and team".

I have read far too much lately that the fans feel disconnected. And that is from the die hards. Imagine being a floating type fan. How would THEY then feel?

I guess everyone needs different things from their footy club mate. I live in another country, so should be one of those feeling disconnected, by tbh, I don't expect the club to keep me up to date with their day to day dealings

I felt extremely connected however at the post match function the club put on up on the Gold Coast, it was a fantastic night, and the players were very open and accessible, and many of them went up even further in my eyes that night, especially Brett Stewart and Brent Kite

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6