Zorba has a shocker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
MANLY insiders are filthy about an attack on club legend Bob Fulton by former chief executive Ian Thomson, orchestrated by Sydney's master of mystery exclusives. "There has never been a more loyal person to Manly than Bob Fulton,'' Manly official Peter Peters told us yesterday. "He's our greatest ever player and our greatest ever coach, but somehow he gets blamed for things that he hasn't been within 500km of.''

Thomson wrongly claimed Fulton had destabilised the club before Max Delmege opened his wallet to save the Eagles. We understand Fulton is considering legal action against Thomson and the hack, who has run a campaign attacking the league immortal over several years. Fulton has sought, and received, full public apologies in the past from the reporter.

Ian Thompson is as honest as they come and a real nice guy.

I have dealt with Fulton on a business level many years ago and needless to say I would never deal with him again.

No matter where you stand on this - it is poor form dissing on people publicly. This sort of thing polarises others and what purpose does it achieve. Obviously Thommo is upset about perceived lack of support when he was GM but I can't see any winners in this sort of dispute.

I'm just glad this happened in a huge news week. In a slow news week it could have created more of an impact in the media.

Different Thompson. The coach in 1989 was Alan Thompson, the five eighth in the 78 winning team. The Thomson referred to was Magilla, the Prop from the same era who was CEO in the Beagles era and into the return back as stand-alone Manly. There is a lot of bitterness from that era.

It relates to the highlighted bit - that Bozo is the most loyal Eagle ever.

Bozo may have been a wonderful player (I'm never going to doubt that), but I can't see Beaver signing for the Roosters to finish his career.

If you were around in the 70s and 80s you could justify the claims of Zorba. Fulton was a winner and those who are dog eat dog in their desperation to win are not always liked by others or seen as good blokes. He has his detractors but he has maroon and white blood in his veins.

I'm not doubting his competitive nature, his natural talent or the great things he did for Manly. But did he not show that same competitive nature and skill when he played in a different jersey for three seasons (and then a further one as coach).

Peronsally, I'll back Beaver to win a "loyalty" battle over Bozo.

agreed Ian Thomson as I know him is a man of integrity, as for Bozo, I dont know, I dont know what happens within the club and I dont know what the dispute is actually about.

This thread does tread some dangerous ground though

I always liked the way Thompson played, always tough and going forward. I think he captained Manly reserve grade who won a title way back sometime. I tend to think I saw that game. Anyway Bozo was a crap coach, he had the cattle to win us many titles but could only get us one. Rubbish.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6