Zorba and Williams

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lovefooty

Reserve Grader
The herald today reports zorba s A V O against Williams was thrown out of court and zorba had to pay all of Williams cost.
Sorry I don't know how to down load and post the story. (Help me Ronda is working to day).
The story said zorba did not like being cross examined. That would be right , he would have to tell the truth and I don't think he is capable . A good lawyer would catch him out.

Good work Darrel for standing up to this bully.

lovefooty said:
The herald today reports zorba s A V O against Williams was thrown out of court and zorba had to pay all of Williams cost.
Sorry I don't know how to down load and post the story. (Help me Ronda is working to day).
The story said zorba did not like being cross examined. That would be right , he would have to tell the truth and I don't think he is capable . A good lawyer would catch him out.

Good work Darrel for standing up to this bully.

WILLIAMS IN THE CLEAR
Peter Peters' application for an apprehended violence order against fellow Manly board member Darrell Williams was dismissed on Friday. Peters, a former Sea Eagles media manager, claimed he was threatened at a match at Gosford last year and that there had been other episodes when he felt threatened. However, the matter was dismissed and he was ordered to pay Williams' costs of almost $15,000. ''I feel vindicated,'' Williams said. ''I knew all along this was a beat-up, there was absolutely no substance to it. It's no surprise it was withdrawn after intense cross examination of Peters.''

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/veteran-caller-warren-ryan-counts-down-to-end-of-a-grand-career-20140301-33sos.html#ixzz2ukYbzPbp

I wonder if he will put the big bite on his Brother in law Rick Penn to pay this. The Penns may have to bail him out again.

Zorba's days must be drawing to an end, he's on the "outer" with most people directly associated with the club, his name is mud due to the constant media leaks, most fans today won't have a bar of him, he just costs his family (Penns) money to prop up and lets face it he's basically "irrelevant".

Like me he should walk away and enjoy retirement, yes Zorba there's more in the world than being a bitter old man!! (I am assuming here that he's reading this as I know he just loves Silvertails).

A nice headline would have been, and sill could be " Club stalwart and past player Peter "Zorba" Peters calls it a day".

But bet it doesn't happen, this bitter, twisted man will do all he can to bring the place down and will not be happy until Dave Perry and the current Football Club are gone.

Well done Darrell Williams for standing up to him....and winning!!

And Zorba, the balls in your court buddy.....stand down with some dignity, or end up being a has been that no one likes.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Zorba's days must be drawing to an end, he's on the "outer" with most people directly associated with the club, his name is mud due to the constant media leaks, most fans today won't have a bar of him, he just costs his family (Penns) money to prop up and lets face it he's basically "irrelevant".

Like me he should walk away and enjoy retirement, yes Zorba there's more in the world than being a bitter old man!! (I am assuming here that he's reading this as I know he just loves Silvertails).

A nice headline would have been, and sill could be " Club stalwart and past player Peter "Zorba" Peters calls it a day".

But bet it doesn't happen, this bitter, twisted man will do all he can to bring the place down and will not be happy until Dave Perry and the current Football Club are gone.

And Zorba, the balls in your court buddy.....stand down with some dignity, or end up being a has been that no one likes.
ok,so he is suppose to be the leak to the media,if so why,he is suppose to so passionate about the club,the team,why would you want to damage the club you love so much by leaking such issue,s to the media,its a strange way to show how much the club means to you

master blaster said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

ok,so he is suppose to be the leak to the media,if so why,he is suppose to so passionate about the club,the team,why would you want to damage the club you love so much by leaking such issue,s to the media,its a strange way to show how much the club means to you

That's the point. He has always put him self and his family's interest first before the clubs interest . He would wreck the club to suit his purpose .

@master blaster It's pretty simple really, Zorba for many years was a "big wig", a very important (in his own eyes) and an influential figure.

But times change and a new CEO rolls in with a mission to turn the club around, build a strong brand and make it a financial powerhouse.

Zorba didn't fit in those plans, and it's common knowledge was offered an exceptional retirement package to move on.

And therein begins the problems.........he wasn't happy with that.

Oh and there's no "supposed to be the leak" either.....he IS the leak!!

swoop said:
Reminds me of Souffs and George Piggins, a dinosaur with a battered ego.

Talk about egos and Days of Our Lives, I heard Peters has to pay Williams $15 000 back for losing in the Courts. Can't they all Kiss and Make Up !

Zorba should pack his bags and go to the dogs if they will have him where he can continue to kiss El hasler's butt.

Eagle1963 said:
Zorba should pack his bags and go to the dogs if they will have him where he can continue to kiss El hasler's butt.

The longer Zorba remains on the board as a Penn appointee the worse the clubs reputation becomes ..
Wake up Scott Penn and get rid of him. You must have someone better than than this dinosaur you can use.
This is an indictment on you for keeping him. He is damaging you and the club on all levels.

Shoe1 said:
Mark you say "offered", do you mean "offered and accepted"?

Yes "and accepted"....so I hear (reported at the time in the press) a very very generous package.

Although I should add "just what I read", I have ZERO inside knowledge re this.

I'm disappointed by the continued factionalism. I spoke to someone last week who had praise for the time Zorba gave them recently. I know you all have a huge love of Manly and if you could work together then we would be the greatest club ever seen.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4