Your thoughts on SOO 3 thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
As a Blues supporter living in Queensland, this time of the year is a bit of a "tough gig".

One of course could go into their "closet" and tell no one you go for the Cockies, but that's not me, I proudly wear my Blue's jersey / Polo shirt and live with the constant jib's of "you are losers"...."you can't play"...etc etc.

When the Blues play down south I go out with a few mates (also Blue's supporters) to a pub that's usually packed with Queenslanders (as you would expect) and cop more on the chin.

And somehow I think I'll be copping it again on Wednesday night.

I applaud the selection of some new guys, Snowden I think will go well and Jennings (if he can get some ball in the clear) is a speed machine, as we saw a week ago,but I do really question the choice of Barrett considering he's retiring at the end of the year. It would have been a perfect time to give Soward a run, nothing to lose, just to see how he'd handle the top game.

Personally (and I know it will never happen), I wish SOO was a 3 game series, with game 3 only played if needed, just like they do in cricket in the ODI series of the past.

Oh well, I am set yet again for another flogging, but I just hope this time it's a bit closer!

I am also set for another flogging.

Can't wait for the after game presentation when they serve the QLDrs, Bellamy's head on a platter.

This NSW team looks better this time around. The last 2 every man and his dog could pick holes through.

Mark you forgot to say that how Qld is when they lose (a long forgotten feeling, but a great one when it will eventually happen) Qlder's have a tendacy to forget about the game the day after.

This game should have been moved to Qld.  They'd get a record crowd  instead of the 35 people who'll turn up to see NSW get creamed.

I think Lachlan Coote has the potential to be a better fullback for the blues than Hayne....Also would rather see Todd Carney given a go at 5/8 before Soward, whilst I acknowledge Sowards kicking game I'm not sure he would cope defensively with the rigours of SOO.

Once again I will sit at home and watch it by myself as I cannot force myself to go my leagues Club to be humiliated in front of feral Qld Supporters.

Qld 28 NSW 16  :'(

As to a score prediction.....I got it pretty close in Origin 2 (was only 2 points out for the exact score), so here's a shot.

NSW to do slightly better this time (only becuase there's a loty of pride to play for and the team seletced is slightly better).

QLD 34
NSW 12

still a prop short on the bench i reckon, but a better blues team. sending the game to qld , never. Give em nothing. I would prefer 87 people there and qld fans fuming, than give them a inch ever. Dirty 12 sandwhich eating, bloated, nasty, queenszealanders. And ant was right about there support. Ive had days at work when all day qld fans are giving it to me about the game, then NSW win and i hear them all. I didnt watch it, I forgot it was on, went to bed early, was watching neighbours 5 times, had a heart attack but im back today. If we didnt need there taxes i say blow em all up. When they win they remind me of loud mouthed americans. My wife and son aside, love those queenslanders but they are different, they watch the game gaffa taped the **** up
Disclaimer
Only joking  queenslanders are great except around origin time and i have nothing against yanks, religion, inglis, necks that are redder than some  etc etc etc. No children or animals were hurt in this post. I do not gaffa tape my family yet, although a marroon wash and them waving those flags in my face for another night, life is subject to change

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Do they actually have QLD supporters in WA Pat???

Unfortunately they do.  I am lobbying the State Government over here to have them sent to Xmas Island with the rest of the Illegal Immigrants. LOL

You'll cop it CW, there's nothing those dirty Queenslanders love more that rubbing our noses in it!!

They keep bringing up " we'll never forget pre 1980 when QLD players were made to play for NSW because they played for Sydney teams".

Fair dinkum, 1980 was THIRTY YEARS AGO!!!

I was 25, I weighed about 30 Kg less AND I had hair!!

GET over it Queenslanders, it's not about 1972-1980 it's about 2010.

You can only imagine what my text inbox and e-mail inbox does at this time of the year, it's one thing being the "face of the Sea Eagles in Queensland" (as someone once said...not me by the way) but it's another thing when many of them are Queenslanders and know I am from NSW.

I have lived here 5 years now, and for gods sake wouldn't you think I could have at least one series win to crow about :mad: :mad:

Mark from Brisbane link said:
You'll cop it CW, there's nothing those dirty Queenslanders love more that rubbing our noses in it!!

They keep bringing up \" we'll never forget pre 1980 when QLD players were made to play for NSW because they played for Sydney teams\".

Fair dinkum, 1980 was THIRTY YEARS AGO!!!

I was 25, I weighed about 30 Kg less AND I had hair!!

GET over it Queenslanders, it's not about 1972-1980 it's about 2010.

You can only imagine what my text inbox and e-mail inbox does at this time of the year, it's one thing being the \"face of the Sea Eagles in Queensland\" (as someone once said...not me by the way) but it's another thing when many of them are Queenslanders and know I am from NSW.

I have lived here 5 years now, and for gods sake wouldn't you think I could have at least one series win to crow about :mad: :mad:

And I can think of something that's worse then that Mark the plastic Qlders (guys that aren't born in Qld and turn there back on on where they were raised, born)

Come to think about it, how much are they paying for Gasnier captaining the Blues next year?  I should get on that. 

Anywho, QLD 26 NSW 8 for mine.  I want the Blues to win so bad, but can't see it happening.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2