Your chance to stand up for brookvale Oval

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jonesyv2

Reserve Grader
Warirngah Council is hosting a Brookvale Oval Community Forum as seen on Page 6 of todays Manly Daily to  discuss the future options for Brookvale Oval.

There are only 30 spots available for the general public. Groups form the Sea eagles and the Brookvale Valley Community gorup have 30 spots each so if Manly fans can grab the 30 public spots it would be great for the cause.

Workshop is on... Wednesday 1 September 6pm - 8.30pm

To register, people can call 0413-839-777 or email [email protected]

It's funny how this issue is discussed here nearly non stop, but when it comes to actually doing something people would rather whinge than spend 2 /12 hours taking aciton.

its not funny its sad.

There are many keyboard heroes here but very few are willing to attend in person and fight for their beloved.

Has anybody got a copy of the information in the Daily they can post on here?

I was away over the weekend so I haven't seen it.

Can we get some intelligent supporters on the list going to this rather than some of the fanatics who have attended this thing in the past. We need to be coherent, intelligent and on message rather than partisan, confrontational and over the top. People like Wheel and Tookey would be great.

Canteen Worker link said:
Can we get some intelligent supporters on the list going to this rather than some of the fanatics who have attended this thing in the past. We need to be coherent, intelligent and on message rather than partisan, confrontational and over the top. People like Wheel and Tookey would be great.

Wheel ,Tookey and Cambo ?

Duff link said:

Duff - try this link for Saturday on-line edition (I still have the paper if need be and can get to you)

http://digitaledition.manlydaily.com.au/default.aspx?iid=39690&startpage=page0000006

See the paragraph top right of the Warringah Update page

Would be there with bells on if I lived in Sydney....sorry can't help. I did fill out the online survey hope that helps in a tiny way

Canteen Worker link said:

Let's get an angry mob with sacks of door knobs & torches!!!

Rabble Rabble!!!

vidmar link said:
[quote author=Duff link=topic=184765.msg287237#msg287237 date=1282635240]

Duff - try this link for Saturday on-line edition (I still have the paper if need be and can get to you)

http://digitaledition.manlydaily.com.au/default.aspx?iid=39690&startpage=page0000006

See the paragraph top right of the Warringah Update page
[/quote]

Thanks Bob, that worked.

It all well & good to have people like us attend to show support to the continued use of the oval by the Sea Eagles but unless we're somehow alligned with other community groups that could make use of the facilities, I fail to see what could be brought to the table.

I mean, basically, from my standpoint, I'd like them to do it up to a standard where we no longer have any threats by the NRL over our head for the next 30 years and then have them lock the place up for all but Sea Eagles gameday. This will help protect the playing surface etc. I don't think that's what they want to hear but I'm sure that's how most of us feel.

I would go but I am working at that time.

Frankly we need a few smart members who are not easily intimidated to speak up and a whole lot of others to provide background numbers.

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Would be there with bells on if I lived in Sydney....sorry can't help. I did fill out the online survey hope that helps in a tiny way

Same boat,but not as far away as Mark.Did do the survey,as well.Good luck to the locals that attend.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6