your ashes squad

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dancing zorba

Reserve Grader
watson
katich
ponting
clarke
hussey
white
paine
Johnson
bollinger (if fit)
hilfenhaus
siddle

lee if fit
tait if fit to bowl short spells when we need a wicket will make the poms soil their creams
d hussey
matty wade

NO NO NO absolutely NOT
smith (too young bowls alot of rubbish and is very greedy)
north (absolute hack white is a better batsman and bowler)
haddin (younger better players)

Katich
Hughes
Ponting
Clarke
Watson
Khawaja
Haddin
Smith
Johnson
Hilfenhaus
Bollinger

Siddle is ****. Haddin is still better than Paine.

White doesn't even bowl anymore genius.

Simon Katich
Phil Hughes
Inbred Ponting
Michael Clarke
Shane Watson
Usman Khawaja
Brad Haddin
Jason Krejza
Ryan Harris
Ben Hilfenhaus
Doug the Rug

Johnson is too all over the place for mine. 
Callum Ferguson cant be far away from playing test cricket either. 
If you put Watson down the order you will get more from his bowling. 
Katich should be the second spinner. 
Krejza bowled one of the best spells from a spinner in a long while in the one-dayer the other day. 

This is what will play though

Katich
Watson
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
North
Haddin
Johnson
Hauritz
Hilfenhaus
Bollinger

Harris 12th man

This is what will play though

Katich
Watson
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
North
Haddin
Johnson
Hauritz
Hilfenhaus
Bollinger

As sure as Des names the same 17 every week.

Would love to see North make way for a younger guy, not fussed whether it is Smith, Khawaja or Ferguson...just give one of them a crack. Don't know what the solution to Johnson is, he is so erratic that it has a destabilising effect on the rest of the attack I reckon, you just never know whether he is going to be "on" or not. Watson has been good, probably our best over the last 12 months, but you've got to wonder about the workload when combined with opening the batting. I'm hoping Hilfy has a good domestic summer this year, but our attack looks shaky you must admit.

I am really concerned that we are going to lose this Ashes series at home, which will be a low point of Australian cricket over the last 30 years. But it could be the catalyst for the shake up we need. Might be the swansong for Huss, North and even Punter.

Strauss 
Cook
Trott
Pietersen 
Collingwood
E Morgan 
Prior
Swann
Broad
Anderson
Finn
Sorry couldn't help myself.

My Aussie team would be
Katich
Watson
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
Ferguson
Haddin
Johnson
Smith
Hilfenhaus
Bollinger
Clark 12th man

tractorboy link said:
Strauss 
Cook
Trott
Pietersen 
Collingwood
E Morgan 
Prior
Swann
Broad
Anderson
Finn

My Aussie team would be
Katich
Watson
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
Ferguson
Haddin
Johnson
Smith
Hilfenhaus
Bollinger
Clark 12th man

Since when did we play South Africa for the ashes?

tractorboy link said:
Strauss 
Cook
Trott
Pietersen 
Collingwood
E Morgan 
Prior
Swann
Broad
Anderson
Finn

why was I ever worried about the ashes again? lol

White is a class bowler and has been working with kumble when he decides the time is right to bowl again he will get a bag of wickets! not only should he be in the team he should just about be skipper in my opinion!

Interesting reading some comments from Lillie and one of our former guys. Can't remember who. Agrueing about who had the better bowling attack. Obvious who one is going to say depending on where there from but least Lillie admitted we had the better spin options. Can't exactly come out and say Hauritz is better then Swann. I think i'm better then Nathan. Be a lot more worried if they actaully chose someone who can bowl.

Watching the NSW V Tassie game at the SCG last week I thought the two Tassie boys in Jason krejza and Xavier Doherty bowled very well. I know Doherty got called upto the one day squad. Good move

Can't believe you blokes are talking about the Ashes with the NZ v India test matches coming up !!

A few records could go, Sri Lanka's 952/6 could come under severe threat from the Indians.

Only bright spot being that our young gun Williamson should make the side batting at 6

Or Jesse Ryder, Or BJ Watever :)

we just wont talk about Rugby, or maybe we shoudl after last night, only puts you lot up 4 Million to our 1 victory.

NZ have to start getting used to losing, the world cup is next year and they will choke again

Fro link said:
Or Jesse Ryder, Or BJ Watever :)

we just wont talk about Rugby, or maybe we shoudl after last night, only puts you lot up 4 Million to our 1 victory.

Ryder is averaging 49 in Tests and 33 in ODIs, I will take that !!

Is certainly and interesting character though haha

Mate I'd love to play with big Jesse, he's an old style player, turns up, hits the ball hard, bowls a few overs and gets on the cans after the game.

Dont think he's much of a fan of the fitness training though.

We were spinning a few yarns about him on Saturday

1 of the lads has just come over from Brisbane, and was bowling in the nets to Ryder and Vettori who were told they needed to score 45 from 6 overs, he bowled a full ball a foot outside off and it went sailing away over mid wicket for 6. After he finished batting, they asked him to bowl 4 overs to the other batsman. "Na, I don't think so eh" was the response haha

Another fella played against him about 4-5 years ago at a National club comp. Big Jesse was on the cans before he batted, came out and hit a quick 40, decided he'd had enough, so hit one straight to cover and called yes, went back to his seat and got back on it haha

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4