Young league player's body found

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
As Larissa stated above, we should all wait for the Club and Police to release statements. Just because the Telecrap or whatever media have printed his name, doesn't mean we should follow suit. Yes we know who it is, but for now I think the tributes can wait.
I do know for a fact, the reason his name was not released initially on Monday was due to a family member being overseas and couldnt be contacted.

This morning's story in the telegraph in very bad taste imo. It implies blame towards mates and this is totally unacceptable at a time of grieving for family, friends and the club.

Look I think in light of the fact that the name is all over the news and has been released by the police media, there is no point in bothering to protect the name, continuing to not mention it is simply going to be a path to conflict between posters and serves no purpose but to derail a thread, whereby we should all simply be expressing our shock, and heart felt condolences towards the player, family, club and community.

The player is Jason Annear, the circumstances are not open for discussion however and are still under investigation it serves not one person any good to discuss that and I ask that there be no speculation.

Please treat this serious issue with respect.

I hope that all his friends and family are slowly finding whatever peace they can and from the bottom of my heart I am sorry for their loss, too many lives are taken too soon.

I totally agree with Daniel. The name has been released and the tragedy is as bad as it gets for those close.

It can be so easy to lower standards to match those of the media, lets not. Leave speculation to trivia like player movements etc.

niccipops said:
This morning's story in the telegraph in very bad taste imo. It implies blame towards mates and this is totally unacceptable at a time of grieving for family, friends and the club.

Massoud's article today is appalling.

MadMarcus said:
niccipops said:

Massoud's article today is appalling.

Massoud is appalling.

what a disgraceful article. Trying to lay blame when nobody knows what really happened. Typical gutter telecrap journalist.

What is so poignant is that Jason's Profile was the one on the MWSE website each time I went there :angel:

Sad and beyond our comprehension in the greater realms of the Universe :(

Channel Ten have done a few stories & tribute:

Sea Eagles mourn
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDgRc6zq4oA

Sea Eagle's tragic loss
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0mOFrEggL0

Thanks for posting Eagles 78. Brings tears to the eyes & I didn't even know him, can't imagine how his family & close friends are coping...

Sad tidings indeed. I didnt have the pleasure of watching this young footballer play but understand he had first grade potential. Its always sad when a young persons passes on before they have had the opportunity of achieving their potential and what destiny they would have otherwise lived. It is a sad day of loss for all Manly supporters and I'm sure we all wish his loved ones support during these hard times.

Manly have now done an official press release:

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news-display/Manly-mourning-Jason-Annear-Perry/65001

Manly mourning Jason Annear: Perry

David Perry - Sea Eagles Chief Operating Officer
Wednesday 10 October 2012 4:03 PM

The Manly Warringah Sea Eagles have been formally advised by police of the tragic passing of Jason Annear, a talented member of the NSW Cup team.

Jason was a popular, highly respected and valued member of the team on and off the field.

He joined the Manly family in 2007, playing both Harold Matthews and SG Ball before debuting in Toyota Cup in 2009 and graduating to NSW Cup in 2012.

His passing has come as a great shock to the club and our thoughts and prayers are with Jason’s family.

Sea Eagles head coach Geoff Toovey has passed on the thoughts of the team.

“Jason was a dedicated player and trainer, well liked by everyone in the squad.

“He’d been in the Manly system for several years and will be greatly missed by everyone at the club.

“It’s tragic to see the life of such a promising young player cut short.”

Sea Eagles players and staff have been addressed and offered counselling.

We understand that the police and the coroner are conducting an investigation, therefore it is not appropriate for us to make further comment.

This is so sad for a young guy who almost achieved his dream and could have potentially been a key member of our team.

My heart goes out to his family and friends.

To those of you lambasting Massoud's article, you may have misread or misinterpreted what he was inferring. Maybe he was just inferring this was an unfortunate accident of someone desperate to get home and with no other means than to walk, who unfortunately came to grief rather than possible other innuendos.

Hopefully the club will arrange transport home for players and staff after club functions in future if none was provided at this one.

Such a tragic end to a young man who had everything to live for.

So sad.

Jerry1 said:
Hopefully the club will arrange transport home for players and staff after club functions in future if none was provided at this one.

Such a tragic end to a young man who had everything to live for.

So sad.

Come on mate. Not time to speculate who was at fault. Accidents will be accidents. Poor guy was a victim of one and thats it.

I think it would be a great gesture by the club to have Jason Annear printed on the jerseys under the sea eagle emblem for the entire 2013 season.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6