Yorgen Rogers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
Due to popular demand a ex player profile on Yogi Rogers is now up for all to enjoy.

I read the review. He actually started at fullback with Ridge shifting to five-eighth. I'll whip out the game tonight to get 100% clarification on the teams but I'm sure he was in jersey No.40 (the common number for a fresh replacement in the mid-90's).

Polla-Mounter made a break from the halfway line and Yogi wasn't anywhere in sight.

When are reviews on the likes of Hasler, O'Connor, Ronson, Cleal, Cochrane, Haggett, Cleal and Phil Daley?

I had a laugh at the Dave Brown review. He was one of those who exampled that it wasn't myth that you went crap for your club and great for Queensland. Thankfully for Manly that Paul Vautin gave the same for the Sea Eagles as he did for the Maroons.

Before we took them down for upgrade puposes, I'm sure bulldogs.rleague.com had a review of Mark Brokenshire. He was a tough prop for us and was fantastic. Holds the record for most games without a point in a career. Another feat he also holds is that he was the first player that went from Manly to Canterbury after the Moore/Arthurson handshake deal of we won't steal yours if you don't steal ours but Brokenshire's departure was supported by both clubs, like Steve Gearin's departure from Canterbury to Manly for the 1986 season (which was 1 game in the end).

Whilst Manly signed players from all clubs, they left Canterbury pretty much untouched, although the dealings with Steve Mortimer was more between Mortimer and Fulton when Mortimer simply had enough of Warren Ryan but somehow Mortimer ended up staying.......

Wheel likes to focus on the lesser known players and the nuffies, but i would love a profile on o'conner, hanckock and a few others.

There is one already there for O'connor

http://silvertails.net/addins/content/content.php?content.157

I try and do players nobody really knows a hell of a lot about these days and are not involved in the club eg Hasler & Cleal are well known to fans through coaching roles.

As for Ronson I won't do one on him as his wife abused the living daylights out of me & my mates at the leagues when she overheard us bagging him when he was with Newcastle Reserve Grade after he left Manly.

Yep, gotta watch out for wives and mothers ;)

I knew I remembered Yogi. He used to play in one of the Wellington teams in the Lion Red cup. Can't remember whether it was Wellington or Hutt Valley. Always was a bit of a pretty boy ... didn't like getting dirty or messing up the hair. :)

Tell us more. Did you end up shagging her :)

After he left Manly I think he went to the UK but when he came back to Oz he got a start with the Knights but was playing off the bench in Reserve Garde.

After the game we were back at the club and starting talking about how far Ronson had dropped since left ie to then reserve grade bench in one of the worst sides in the comp back then. In fact we were not un fair to him just saying basically above.

His wife was at the table next to us and over heard it, then came over and confronted is a lot of fs etc saying he was coming back from injury and we were dickheads etc etc. This went on for a few minutes before her friends came and basically dragged her away.

Very impressive - anyway poor David was never seen again in 1st grade so we must have been right.

I try and do players nobody really knows a hell of a lot about these days and are not involved in the club eg Hasler & Cleal are well known to fans through coaching roles.

As for Ronson I won't do one on him as his wife abused the living daylights out of me & my mates at the leagues when she overheard us bagging him when he was with Newcastle Reserve Grade after he left Manly.

Was that the girl who slapped you in the face at the leagues club that time or another one?

We all know that you don't do any work during the day and think of how much money you will save if you write a review each lunch time for the rest of the year instead of going to the pub. LOL

I didn't know Yogi was a New Zealand rugby fullback. Perhaps Doug Rollerston's love child.
Maybe he was signed as the club masseur and someone accidently put him into the first grade team.

[quote author=The Wheel]

Was that the girl who slapped you in the face at the leagues club that time or another one?

[/quote]

Nup, different one, different time although it was in basically the same spot

[quote author=The Wheel]
[quote author=kiwigirl]
Yep, gotta watch out for wives and mothers ;)

Wheel makes mental note to never abuse Brooke. :D[/code]

aaahhh Wheel is a wise man :lol2:

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8