Yet more "Official View" rubbish

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mmmdl

Reserve Grader
Bill Harrigan said:
Cowboys v Sea Eagles

What was Tony Williams's try disallowed for? Did Anthony Watmough's contact with Glenn Hall stop the defence from making a play?

The line Anthony Watmough ran was an obstruction, it was straight at the player. It stopped Glenn Hall from having a chance to make a play.

Why was Brett Stewart's try disallowed, did Steve Matai effect the play?

They got this call right, Steve Matai runs straight at Cowboys centre Brent Tate. Brett Stewart runs behind Matai and this action stops Tate from having a chance at making the tackle.

what yet another load of rubbish. Hall dived before Choc even got to him. And Tate was able to make the tackle.

Bill Harrigan said:
Cowboys v Sea Eagles

What was Tony Williams's try disallowed for? Did Anthony Watmough's contact with Glenn Hall stop the defence from making a play?

The line Anthony Watmough ran was an obstruction, it was straight at the player. It stopped Glenn Hall from having a chance to make a play.

They got this call right, Steve Matai runs straight at Cowboys centre Brent Tate. Brett Stewart runs behind Matai and this action stops Tate from having a chance at making the tackle.

what yet another load of rubbish. Hall dived before Choc even got to him. And Tate was able to make the tackle.

I can still cop the Brett Stewart one, even though Tate pushed off of him, he shouldn't have had to have done that.

The Glenn Hall one though is just the most dubious decision and to back them on that is wrong.

I could have copped it had they said, it was a 50 50 call, whilst there contact is not clear and it appears that Hall dove out of the way. Watmough ran a line straight at him forcing that move, in this situation either a play on or penalty are both correct decisions.

This is one of the issues with the refs, they need be more human not just plain "this is correct, there is no grey"

I can still cop the Brett Stewart one, even though Tate pushed off of him, he shouldn't have had to have done that.

The Glenn Hall one though is just the most dubious decision and to back them on that is wrong.

I could have copped it had they said, it was a 50 50 call, whilst there contact is not clear and it appears that Hall dove out of the way. Watmough ran a line straight at him forcing that move, in this situation either a play on or penalty are both correct decisions.

This is one of the issues with the refs, they need be more human not just plain "this is correct, there is no grey"

He is on his last legs for sure.

Multiple coaches and club officials are fed up it seems and now the press are into it.

What happened to the part of the rule where the impeeded player lost his chance to effect the play?

I very much doubt that had choc run 1m to his right that Hall could have clsoed the 5m gap to Foran in the second or so before he kicked. Hall most certainly would not have effected T-rex.

Maybe Harrigoon is mixing Hall up with Usain Bolt?

He is on his last legs for sure.

Multiple coaches and club officials are fed up it seems and now the press are into it.

What happened to the part of the rule where the impeeded player lost his chance to effect the play?

I very much doubt that had choc run 1m to his right that Hall could have clsoed the 5m gap to Foran in the second or so before he kicked. Hall most certainly would not have effected T-rex.

The upsetting thing about this rule is that it does not take into account a 'bad read'. The rule is obstruction and if a player makes a poor defensive read, that is his fault. If a player obstructs a tackle or prevents the normal line he would take that is a different manner. The Hodges State of Origin incident is a case in point - that was allowed but many other less serious incidents have been called obstruction.

The upsetting thing about this rule is that it does not take into account a 'bad read'. The rule is obstruction and if a player makes a poor defensive read, that is his fault. If a player obstructs a tackle or prevents the normal line he would take that is a different manner. The Hodges State of Origin incident is a case in point - that was allowed but many other less serious incidents have been called obstruction.

CW this is why they need to consult players in the ruling. Get the RLPA together with the refs and workshop how the call should be made. If everyone agrees including players and most of the coaches and they stick to calling it that way, then there is no room for any of them to complain

CW this is why they need to consult players in the ruling. Get the RLPA together with the refs and workshop how the call should be made. If everyone agrees including players and most of the coaches and they stick to calling it that way, then there is no room for any of them to complain

Fluffy said:

as an aside i reckon Bolt would have made a handy league player, he's a big unit. strong and obviously fast. Imagine trying to run him down :)

although his first love was cricket apparently, and is good mates with Courtney Walsh.

Fluffy said:

as an aside i reckon Bolt would have made a handy league player, he's a big unit. strong and obviously fast. Imagine trying to run him down :)

although his first love was cricket apparently, and is good mates with Courtney Walsh.

mmmdl said:
Bill Harrigan said:
Cowboys v Sea Eagles

So next time the Bulldogs run the same play with Morris running at a defender and Barba receiving a pass out the back behind it him it will be called obstruction?? I highly doubt it, theyve got away with it all year and even after Jason Taylor pointed it out a few weeks ago they are still using it. Harrigan is a complete knob!!

mmmdl said:
Bill Harrigan said:
Cowboys v Sea Eagles

So next time the Bulldogs run the same play with Morris running at a defender and Barba receiving a pass out the back behind it him it will be called obstruction?? I highly doubt it, theyve got away with it all year and even after Jason Taylor pointed it out a few weeks ago they are still using it. Harrigan is a complete knob!!

The one thing that everyone is in agreement of is that the standard of refereeing has dropped to an all time low...

The one thing that everyone is in agreement of is that the standard of refereeing has dropped to an all time low...

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4