Yesterday at the Game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Phantar

Bencher
Enjoyed the game from the viewing area next to the JT Stand extension in front of the new kiosk. The kiosk is much bigger and less crowded that the Family Hill one, and there are nice new toilets too.

But please, can they install a small scoreboard, similar to the one that used to be on the Bradman Stand at the SCG, that apart from the score has a timeclock on it? Put it on the Fulton-Menzies Stand guardrail, near the Ken Arthurson Stand. That will ensure it will be in the shade for much of the first grade game, which will make it an even more effective improvement.

The current scoreboard is unreadable on a sunny day from anywhere within about a 0-30 degree arc of the scoreboard. This is a longstanding issue that shouldn't be that hard or that expensive to fix. It might cost $30-40,000, but will be worth every cent.

The illuminated 'Warringah Council' sign on the scoreboard stands out nicely though. Well done Council.:cool:

I noticed that there was an entire coporate box area in the Arthurson Stand unoccupied. Not sure of the reason; perhaps it was being refurbished.
If, however, it is not leased then may I suggest that the club offers it match by match to all members for a first-in bargain price? We'd snap it up, and the club would be rewarding a loyal member and gaining some revenue.

The Who said:
I noticed that there was an entire coporate box area in the Arthurson Stand unoccupied. Not sure of the reason; perhaps it was being refurbished.
If, however, it is not leased then may I suggest that the club offers it match by match to all members for a first-in bargain price? We'd snap it up, and the club would be rewarding a loyal member and gaining some revenue.

Auction it off every week? That could work.

Took my 3yr old son yesterday to Brookie and he loved it! We took a while to find a park so got stuck on the northern hill which is fine... However - whoever lets the ice cream van park at the top of the hill is a nimrod. There was a line of people from the van all the way to the bottom waiting to buy ice cream.. Those of us sitting down couldn't see a thing.

I say move the van or get the people to line up behind the van where there was ample room!

Also agree with phantar - scoreboard on the other side would be nice!

What a day though, is great seeing the hill covered in maroon and white!

Great crowd at the game. Brookie will be full for the bunnies game.

I was in the same area as Phantar, would love a scoreboard at the southern end of the ground.

dowdz said:
Great crowd at the game. Brookie will be full for the bunnies game.

I was in the same area as Phantar, would love a scoreboard at the southern end of the ground.

Brought to you by..... Rolex... Timex... Casio... anyone out there...?

I was standing under the video screen so you couldn't see the scoreboard (and time) as a result.

It was a bit of a pain especially when we were under the pump a bit at the end of the first half.

[attachment=464]

Took this shot yesterday, what a great place the Fortress is...

voicefromthehill said:
So how many for the Souffs game? I reckon 19k+ is on the cards

I reckon the crowd will be similar to the one vs Storm in Round 25 2011, aka Battle of Brookvale. That day we got 20,414

Ban the ice cream man and his van. Pay all that money and can't see. What a waste. Not a great start for the youngster and let's hope he doesn't want to watch it next time on Fox.

Here here Darren!

He loves the atmosphere and already screaming 'go manly'

It's worth the 2 hour drive for Brookie!

Surely Maxum would happily provide a scoreboard seeing as they are the official time piece of the Kaspersky Sea Eagles!

dowdz said:
Took this shot yesterday, what a great place the Fortress is...

Great shot Dowdz. Brings back some memories. It's changed a bit since last time I was there. The bottom right hand corner of your shot is where I would watch the game with my Dad and uncles. Bloody fantatsic.

Thanks guys, glad i shared the pic. Just love the place. Like Clint said, so much good memories at Brookie.

Darren said:
Ban the ice cream man and his van. Pay all that money and can't see. What a waste. Not a great start for the youngster and let's hope he doesn't want to watch it next time on Fox.

Shoot him and fire bomb his van for half-time entertainment.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4