Yart for Round 2 v Tigers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
giphy.gif

We have a new contender vying for pole position folks !

Brown was rubbish on Friday night. Green was solid in my opinion. Take stats with a grain of salt. As for Parcell being better than Api, Parcell had 0 runs for 0 metres. How was he better. He was mediocre at best. Api looked out of sorts but that was to be expected.

The reason we lost on Friday was for one reason only, poor team selection. You do not go up against the biggest squad in the comp with 3 props and 1 lock. We had 4 players in the forward pack under 100kgs. This is why the dogs had 320m more than us in the game.

I'll forgive Barrett for round 1. It was his first hit out. Now let's see if he can learn from his mistakes or will he select the same side expecting different results?
You want to take stats with a grain of salt, yet use them to make your point re parcel/api?
No way I had green in front of Brown. They had the wrong red head on in the first place.

....Dylan Walker, last chance son perform or my main man Moltzen will take up his deserved spot!

...waits for @Snake to lose his shiit over that call ! Lol

Last edited:
Parcell is simply better than Api...who is a tough , rugged solid 1st grade hooker....Parcell is & will be...one of the most dominant hookers in the game with a running game 2nd to none.

Early days old mate but certainly looks like the real thing. Can't help pondering how he would go at 5/8.

Early days old mate but certainly looks like the real thing. Can't help pondering how he would go at 5/8.
100%...has those qualities to make it in the 6, but in the modern game where 99% of games are won by tempo in the ruck, think he will absolutely kill it there given time.
Rate him in both positions tbh but will have those non believers cheering by seasons end.

You want to take stats with a grain of salt, yet use them to make your point re parcel/api?
No way I had green in front of Brown. They had the wrong red head on in the first place.

....Dylan Walker, last chance son perform or my main man Moltzen will take up his deserved spot!

Moltzen will be out injured. Left the NSW Cup game with a wrist injury, and didn't return. LOL, he lasted a long time !

Moltzen will be out injured. Left the NSW Cup game with a wrist injury, and didn't return. LOL, he lasted a long time !
Considering the shocking injuries so far in the first round of footy, he'd be happy with a wristie.

Are you confusing a wristie with a handie?
Apparently the young bloke that worked for me said handies were for old blokes(moi), wristies were standard fare that was expected on first dates (he didn't say dates!) at least! And the daughter wonders why any bloke that comes to the front door gets the Mossad treatment!?...little scrots....yeah larf it up all the blokes with son's!

IMO we need a power game. Big forwards over little as the general rule. On current form the team I'd like to see:

01. Stewart
02. Taufua
03. Matai
04. Lyon
05. T. Trbojevic

06. Walker
07. Cherry-Evans

08. J. Trbojevic
09. Parcell
10. Myles
11. Leary
12. Mateo
13. Taupau

14. Lawrence (big minutes)
15. Starling (big minutes)
16. Vave/Lussick/Knight (big minutes)
17. Brown (small minutes/utility injury cover)

YEP that's our best 17 available atm

01. BRETT STEWART
02. JORGE TAUFUA
03. STEVE MATAI
04. DYLAN WALKER
05. JAKE TURBO
06. JAMIE LYON
07. DALY CHERRY EVANS
08. JAKE TURBO
09. MATT PARCELL
10. NATE MYLES
11. TOM SYMONDS
12. FELETI MATEO
13. MARTIN TAPAU

14. APISAU KORISAU
15. LEWIS BROWN
16. BRENTON LAWRENCE
17. BLAKE LEARY/LIAM KNIGHT

I'd go with:
1. Snake
2. Tafua
3. Matai
4. Lyon
5.Tom t
6. Walker
7. Dce
8. Lawerence
9. Parcel
10. Myles
11. Jake t
12. Mateo
13. Tapau
14. Lussick
15. Starling
16. Leary
17. Knight
I think tapau should play on the edge, have him running at the centres

So Walkers last chance is his second? It took Lyon the better part of the season to convert from centre to 5/8. Give him time to build chemistry and confidence.

The selection of Green over Symonds or Api over Parcell was not the reason we lost in my opinion. We had to many utility light weights in the squad and not enough size and go forward. Lawrence, Starling, Knight, Lussick and Vave need to be competing for the 3 bench spots with Api / Parcell.

If we are going to be running with 2 hookers (which Barrett has said we will) the other three spots need to be big forwards, not utilities like Leary (even though I rate him highly).

So Walkers last chance is his second? It took Lyon the better part of the season to convert from centre to 5/8. Give him time to build chemistry and confidence.

The selection of Green over Symonds or Api over Parcell was not the reason we lost in my opinion. We had to many utility light weights in the squad and not enough size and go forward. Lawrence, Starling, Knight, Lussick and Vave need to be competing for the 3 bench spots with Api / Parcell.

If we are going to be running with 2 hookers (which Barrett has said we will) the other three spots need to be big forwards, not utilities like Leary (even though I rate him highly).
Walkers had a whole off-season to fine tune his game. I will be expecting nothing less than JT bullet like cut out passes, hitting open runners all night. And where's his kicking game at? Forget DCE ...Surely he's a 40/20 expert. And how come he doesn't hand out head gear to the little kiddies at half and full time...he's got a lot to do on Monday night!

Brown has been bagged a bit but at Penrith he was a bench utility player who quite often started in the centres. As a Utility he is good. He is not however our best option as an 80min 2nd rower, in my opinion
Agreed!! Anybody who thinks Lewis Brown should be in our starting 13 needs to go back and watch every game he has played for the last 2 years. He is not a 80 minute backrower, personally he wouldn't be in my 17 but at best I will concede he could be a useful utility player of the bench for us. However when Buhrer comes back, I think there is only room in the 17 for 1 of them. He is only picked because of his Penrith connection with the coach.

Now I'm assuming Snake will be right (but there is no guarantee on that front) and that Taupau will get at least a week's holiday for his brain explosion. I also think Baz will stick with the 2 hooker thing as it seems the tactic du jour these days. I don't have a problem with it but I think Parcell needs more game, at least 15 minutes per half especially if we are chasing points. Anyway I'd go

Snake (TT if he is out)
TT (Lavaka/ Goodall / Williame if Snake out)
Killer
Skivvi
Horhay
Phantom
DCE
Jake
Api K
Wee Man
Mateo
Green/Brown (don't care - but I thought Green just shaded Brown on Friday, his hole running was a little more direct and purposeful just didn't get utilised)
Leary

Lawrence
Parcell
Lussick (needs to start delivering something soon though otherwise Starling, Vave or Knight have to push him back to NSW Cup)
Green / Brown - whichever doesn't make starting side (give them another week or two and then if they aren't delivering T-Red gets a shot)

IMO we need a power game. Big forwards over little as the general rule. On current form the team I'd like to see:

01. Stewart
02. Taufua
03. Matai
04. Lyon
05. T. Trbojevic

06. Walker
07. Cherry-Evans

08. J. Trbojevic
09. Parcell
10. Myles
11. Leary
12. Mateo
13. Taupau

14. Lawrence (big minutes)
15. Starling (big minutes)
16. Vave/Lussick/Knight (big minutes)
17. Brown (small minutes/utility injury cover)

I'm in agreement with you Rex. Manly needs power in the forwards. They need to go forward. They also need to move up in defense, something they werent doing in the first game, allowing the Bulldogs lots of extra yards. Lawrence should definitely be in the team (bench is fine). I would consider giving Knight a taste. He's strong and aggressive and the future.

And there is no way I would play two hookers. Parcell is another level above Api and needs to be in the team from the start. Should note Starling is on report and Moltzen injured a wrist so they may not be available for consideration

• 🤝
Reactions: Rex
Just my take on things.....

Walker showed some good signs on Friday night. I think he'll be a better 5/8 than most are giving him credit for.

Api is a tough hooker, but I think Parcell is a better starting option.

I do honestly think that Barrett picked the wrong redhead back rower last week. He also picked the wrong back up prop in Vave. But even Bozo lost his first game as a first grade coach....by 22 points as well and look how that all turned out.

Jorge's hands continue to be a worry one minute, amazing the next. He dropped a few on Friday, then pulled in that pass from Tommy that he really had no right to score from. I think he needs to work on his ball security.

Although Tom doesn't have Snake's experience as a first grade fullback, for his first full game in the position in the NRL side he showed why he is considered a better long term option there than Gutho or Peta were.

Look, we had 9 new to the team players in the side on Friday night (including the returning Lussick). We really shouldn't expect the team to be brilliant straight out of the box. Most of the problem was that we let them get a roll on early and then proceeded to help the Dogs cause by dropping the ball so much and giving away silly penalties. When we settled down in the second half we did play better. It was far from what we've been expecting, but the second half was a definite improvement.

A couple of cosmetic changes to the team such as Snake in, Tommy to the wing and no Wiliame, plus maybe Leary to start and Green to the bench or NSW Cup and the cohesion will come. Beat the Tigpies on Monday night and the boys confidence will rise.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6