Yart for Round 2 v Tigers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If Mateo is fit I'd have him in the second row. Need his leg drive and ability to create second phase opportunities.

Yeah I'm pretty confident the Tigers will win against us we just won't be able to handle the Tigers attack and knowing that we can't hold onto the ball they could score 50 on us
2015....thats an off chops call but, as they showed against Warriors....a few quality individuals....Tedesco is a star.

We don't play until the 14th. If you expect us to play as badly as we just did with a long turnaround like that, I'd probably give up on this season now and go find something else to do.

2015....thats an off chops call but, as they showed against Warriors....a few quality individuals....Tedesco is a star.
I'd say it's pretty accurate we would have lost to Tigers if we played them on Friday, I really feel for manly and I'm now predicting us to finish bottom 4. Barret can't pick a team, our forwards are soft and our backs are slow and old.

I'd say it's pretty accurate we would have lost to Tigers if we played them on Friday, I really feel for manly and I'm now predicting us to finish bottom 4. Barret can't pick a team, our forwards are soft and our backs are slow and old.
Not sure if you even support Manly with this type of stuff...Dogs would have beat most by 20-30 on that form....what backs are too slow & old?? Tom, Taufua, DCE ,Walker....keep it real....Manly lost the ruck speed & once corrected will own most teams.
I bet your on here talking up how amazing their form is by round 20....then again, if Tom Wright is back they cant lose...Wright??

Not sure if you even support Manly with this type of stuff...Dogs would have beat most by 20-30 on that form....what backs are too slow & old?? Tom, Taufua, DCE ,Walker....keep it real....Manly lost the ruck speed & once corrected will own most teams.
I bet your on here talking up how amazing their form is by round 20....then again, if Tom Wright is back they cant lose...Wright??
Haha lol Matai is crap so is Lyon and with slow centres we ain't going no where with our backline. Pretty sure parra could have beaten Bulldogs, manly were just crap dropped balls were soft and slow

As for Parcell being better than Api, Parcell had 0 runs for 0 metres. How was he better. He was mediocre at best.
NRL STATS

Attack

* Matt Parcell: 0 runs in 32 minutes. Average metres per run: N/A
* Api Koroisau: 4 runs in 48 minutes. Average metres per run: 4
An average of 4 metres per run will cause a team to make 20 metres per set before having to kick.

[PS I do recall Parcell running to draw in defenders and then passing to players in a better position a la Cam Smith. Dummy half runs presumably don't count in NRL stats unless they die with the ball.]

Good Defence
* Matt Parcell: 24 tackles in 32 mins. Equivalent: 60 tackles in 80 mins.
* Api Koroisau: 39 tackles in 48 mins. Equivalent: 65 tackles in 80 mins.

Outstanding Defence: Try saving tackles
* Matt Parcell: 1 (Ball strip just before grounding - otherwise try under the posts)
* Api Koroisau: 0

Bad Defence
* Matt Parcell: 0 missed tackles
* Api Koroisau: 4 missed tackles

Team effectiveness when on field:
* Matt Parcell: Manly 6; Bulldogs 6
* Api Koroisau: Manly 0; Bulldogs 22

I'm not sure using NRL stats helps your cause of arguing for Api

I'm wondering if 2015 was the year he was born. He really does like sticking the boot into Manly players

IMO we need a power game. Big forwards over little as the general rule. On current form the team I'd like to see:

01. Stewart
02. Taufua
03. Matai
04. Lyon
05. T. Trbojevic

06. Walker
07. Cherry-Evans

08. J. Trbojevic
09. Parcell
10. Myles
11. Leary
12. Mateo
13. Taupau

14. Lawrence (big minutes)
15. Starling (big minutes)
16. Vave/Lussick/Knight (big minutes)
17. Brown (small minutes/utility injury cover)

IMO we need a power game. Big forwards over little as the general rule. On current form the team I'd like to see:

01. Stewart
02. Taufua
03. Matai
04. Lyon
05. T. Trbojevic

06. Walker
07. Cherry-Evans

08. J. Trbojevic
09. Parcell
10. Myles
11. Leary
12. Mateo
13. Taupau

14. Lawrence (big minutes)
15. Starling (big minutes)
16. Vave/Lussick/Knight (big minutes)
17. Brown (small minutes/utility injury cover)
Why not just then swap out Brown for Api. Then if there is a backline injury, Parcell to 5/8, Walker to the hole, if it's fullback Turbo goes over, yada yada. Gives you a fresh 9 to play that middle 30 mins against tired forwards.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
@Rex I think Api is a very good player and most teams would have him.

But I think Parcell is going to be something special.

Just unable to decide if carrying two hookers into a game is the way to go, another prop on the bench might have been a better option on Fri night.
Agreed. And I also rate Api highly. He could be the utility cover instead of Brown in my team above. Just think Parcell offers more. And there's no question Parcell is a full-on 80+ minute player.

Edit: Loobs - great minds - I posted this before reading your posting above.

Agreed. And I also rate Api highly. He could be the utility cover instead of Brown in my team above. Just think Parcell offers more. And there's no question Parcell is a full-on 80+ minute player.

Brown has been bagged a bit but at Penrith he was a bench utility player who quite often started in the centres. As a Utility he is good. He is not however our best option as an 80min 2nd rower, in my opinion

Haha lol Matai is crap so is Lyon and with slow centres we ain't going no where with our backline. Pretty sure parra could have beaten Bulldogs, manly were just crap dropped balls were soft and slow
Matai is a current NZ centre & in the top 3 players picked for Manly every week....
Lyon is 1 of the best centres to play the game & burnt opposition players on the outside in 2015 & set his outside man up untouched more than ANY centre over the past 7 years.
Only took time to post back in response to your dribble to support these legendary Manly players....& just to totally destroy your BS call about lacking speed...Walker & Tom T are up with quickest in the comp.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8