YART Discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
Ok guys, I'll post the sure things, and people can tell me who they think the smokey's are going to be:-

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. David Williams
06. Kieran Foran
08. Brenton Lawrence
09. Matt Ballin
10. Jason King
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Justin Horo
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Jamie Buhrer
15. Richie Fa'aoso

17. Tom Symonds

Wow, that is a great side !! Ok, who steals the last spot guys?

I remember when I was a kid doing the team lists in my mind all the time and Manly always looked pretty good things based on the names we had. Of course it is not the names or even the great things they have done that counts, it is how they gel and how they perform in the upcoming season. However it is great to see a YART appear, so thanks Ryan, the season must finally be approaching, yay :)

My team, hopefully snake has a full injury free year.

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. David Williams/Hiku
06. Kieran Foran
07. DCE
08. Brenton Lawrence
09. Matt Ballin
10. Jason King
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Justin Horo
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Jamie Buhrer
15. Starling
16. Tyson Andrews
17. Tom Symonds

I don't know if Richie will be the same player with such a serious injury. Hiku you see some game time. He can replace any position from 1-6

I really don't see Tyson Andrews leap frogging other front rowers with NRL experience.

Do we go with 4 props ? or do we rely on Watmough and Gift to play 80 minutes and get through some grunt work to give us an option on the bench for some spark. I'd love to see us have a decent dummy half option on the bench that could lift our attack when needed.

Tough one at this stage as lots of new faces and question marks over some old faces. My A team;

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. David Williams
06. Kieran Foran
07. DCE
08. Brenton Lawrence
09. Matt Ballin
10. Jason King
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Justin Horo
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Jamie Buhrer
15. Josh Starling
16. Richie Faaso
17. Tom Symonds

I am really looking forward to seeing the following guys in action this year and as potential backups to the above.....
Forwards - Chee-Cam, Hassan, Trbojivic, Sao, Dunamis Lui, Tyson Andrews (is Cunningham still with us this year?? Amazed he has not batted on to NRL level).
Backs - Hiku, Gutherson, Chisolm, Delroy Berryman, Manaia Rudolf, Chelyse Blair, Mark ODare.

Given the above, I think the Eagles are a great bet for 2014.

Chip and Chase said:
Do we go with 4 props ? or do we rely on Watmough and Gift to play 80 minutes and get through some grunt work to give us an option on the bench for some spark. I'd love to see us have a decent dummy half option on the bench that could lift our attack when needed.

I don't think they deserve to be played like that anymore. Especially if we want to get the most out of their careers. Watmough for one was visibly busted all of last year and IMO a2 of those in a row will shorten his career.

Plus i don't see why we can't just play 2 props a 2nd row/centre and a utility/dummy half.

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. David Williams
06. Kieran Foran
07. DCE
08. Brenton Lawrence
09. Matt Ballin
10. Jason King
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Justin Horo
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Hodges/Buhrer
15. Ritchie Fa'aoso
16. Josh Starling
17. Tom Symonds

Ryan said:
Ok guys, I'll post the sure things, and people can tell me who they think the smokey's are going to be:-

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. David Williams
06. Kieran Foran
08. Brenton Lawrence
09. Matt Ballin
10. Jason King
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Justin Horo
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Jamie Buhrer
15. Richie Fa'aoso

17. Tom Symonds

no 16 will be Lui as Toovey has said that he will be in our top 17.

I think Lui/Starling/Hodges we be fightinh for the bench spot/s

That's a great looking team once again. I actually wouldn't mind seeing Lui get the last bench spot. I think George was used well last year in quick bursts as an impact of the bench. A big bopper like Lui could fit straight into that role.

Slightly off topic, but really looking forward to having a competitive 2nd grade this year. Players like Hiku, Hodges, Starling, Sao, Gutherson, Trbojevic, Chee Kam, Andrews, Berryman, Blair etc should make a very handy team.

I agree Mosto. More competitive lower grade sides are what we need to keep us in the top 4 for years to come. Without solid depth we will only get through on raw talent for so long.

Our NSW Cup side has been struggling for a couple of years and I agree we need to address this.

But looking at the FG side........that is one seriously talented side. I can't wait for this season to start.

Ryan said:

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. David Williams
06. Kieran Foran
08. Brenton Lawrence
09. Matt Ballin
10. Jason King
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Justin Horo
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Jamie Buhrer
15. Richie Fa'aoso

17. Tom Symonds

what's YART mean?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4