YAAEF - yet another AE forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This thread now delivers!

Nothing better than guzzling a few bottles of Château Lafite whilst thrashing my way in my 4wd off to my fav fishing spot!

:flagstick:

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
Don't worry guys, I've been down the cheap plonk road as well , we all do, but in my mid 30's I was introduced to Red Wine, and in fact used to drink St Henri on a weekly basis ( then $10 a bottle , now about $90), and once you drink the good stuff it's hard to go back.

Mind you, unless it's for the collection I rarely spend more than about $15 for an everyday red , eg I'm current drinking Annie's Lane Shiraz from the Clare Valley that I bought for $11.90 per bottle ( min 6) at Dan Murphy's in Cairns.

One thing I can say is my guzzling days are over, how I feel the next day has put paid to that !!

Rather invest in good craft beer, $120 a case isnt that much really.

Riverside do some great Hoppy brews and are oppostite my local bunnings so win/win

I will turn over about 20 reds a year so top up every other year by going wine tasting at the hunter/barossa/margaret river.

Works for me

Talking wine on a footy forum, what the hell has happened to this world !! ;)

Hey, it's Manly mate.

Manly fans talk wine
New Zealand fans talk Kava
Cowboys fans talk Moonshine
Roosters fans talk European Beer
Bulldogs fans talk Nitro Glyceryn
Parramatta fans talk Goon Bags
Titans fans talk coke (coughs)
Penriff fans talk VB and Tooheys
Storm fans cheat and change the labels on their grog to pretend they are drinking Passion Pop, when in fact they are drinking Moet
Souths fans have been spotted around various petrol stations (JOKES !!)
Cronulla fans talk $2 buck burborns in plastic cups so they don't glass one and other
Canberra fans talk the scraps that Melbourns fans leave behind
Bronco's fans talk as much top shelf grog as they like, regardless of price
Knight's fans talk performance enhancing andd elicit drinks
Dragons fans talk coctails with impliments in them that may cause choking
Tigers fans talk laxative, constantly cleaning the joint out.

Hey, it's Manly mate.

Manly fans talk wine
Storm fans cheat and change the labels on their grog to pretend they are drinking Passion Pop, when in fact they are drinking Moet
Cronulla fans talk $2 buck burborns in plastic cups so they don't glass one and other

Nice.

There is a lot of whining on this forum so it works in the double meaning as well.

Hey, it's Manly mate.

Manly fans talk wine
Top shelf no Coldies or Crownies were harmed in the making of this thread

To be honest this is the most Silvertail thread possible...

In our new(ish) joint we actually have some space in our downstairs which remains pretty consistent temp wise...and the plus is my wife is as keen a wine drinker as me so I am in the process of turning it into a cellar (racks and maybe a lock for when the kid are older!)

There's nothing wrong with a bottle of Bin 389 but the price you pay for it these days is ridiculous. Rouge Homme is a good stand by and I'm partial to a drop of Hill of Grace but to be honest nothing compares to a bottle of Invalid Port in a brown paper bag in the Botanical Gardens shared with people of quality.

Cheap gear is the ticket of the binge drink, i don't always drink but when i do **** gets messy

I don't really ever get a chance to drink so when i do i hit it hard,I'm not having a dig
Don't be misled Cherry Poppins

Just because I was lucky enough to to (find) 48 bottles of fine wines ) don't believe my discipline allowed them to stay in my cellar for more than a year

They either evaporated or got spilt or some one drank them

An old song said "it's hard to leave when you can't find the door"

By the way - my drink of choice is a bottle of royal reserve and a stones ginger wine sitting right now on the beach trying to catch a Jew fish in front of a fire in the sand

Port finished Half a bottle of the stones to go

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4