WTF..........

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I don't get the outrage over the team

Williame got the nod over Wright........eh, not going to lose sleep over it, Tafua will probably come in

AFB missed out to Starling and Lawrence.....Eh, AFB looks promising but Lawrence and Starling offer better lateral defense

Leary is 18th man.......Why are people getting in a tizz about that?

I have mentioned many times, but always get howled down, that this is year 1 of a 5 year plan.

When you've been a supporter for as long as I have you get used to the ups and downs, we had a golden time in the 70's, another one in the 90's, and one in the early noughties, our time will come again the problem with Silvertails is its full of the "instant gratification Gen Y, X, Z" (or whatever they are) that expect immediate success.

Mind you everyone talking us up pre kick off didn't help, although interestingly Gus Gould (who I can't stand) reckoned we would finish about 12th, we all laughed at the time BUT he's probably about on the money.
At least we will go into year 2 with no expectations. Much better position to be in. Plus more dead wood cleared out.

I like Leary too. I think he has something to offer in the right role. I see a solid defensive game and an ability to play 80mins and squeeze through the ad line on the fringe and get a quick play the ball more often than not for teh halves to work off. He's not a hooker but he gave it a go when asked to step up, hard to criticise him for that. He's not a hole running edge forward like T-Red or kapow, nor is a ball player like Feleti, so tough to yardstick him against those guys. I suppose he is in the same mix as Brown and Ferris, and I think on his day can hold his own in that company (Ferris probably shades him to be honest). He just has to be used right to get value from him given the right mix of players around him.

I like Leary too. I think he has something to offer in the right role. I see a solid defensive game and an ability to play 80mins and squeeze through the ad line on the fringe and get a quick play the ball more often than not for teh halves to work off. He's not a hooker but he gave it a go when asked to step up, hard to criticise him for that. He's not a hole running edge forward like T-Red or kapow, nor is a ball player like Feleti, so tough to yardstick him against those guys. I suppose he is in the same mix as Brown and Ferris, and I think on his day can hold his own in that company (Ferris probably shades him to be honest). He just has to be used right to get value from him given the right mix of players around him.

Good that's four of us!!

Look at how he picks the team! He names 4 small players! Brown, Koroisau, buhrer and Leary! Leary is crap get rid of him. Brown played well last week we should keep him in the backrow IMO with buhrer. Koroisau has no point of playing. Parcell plays 80, Koroisau can play 5/8 if he is in the side. Willaime over wright! Has he heard of Braydens win loss record? How Myles isn't in reserve grade blows my mind! Stupid teams have stupid coaches. Baz should be given the season to turn it around but ATM it doesn't feel like manly ATM. I thought we would struggle to make the 8 now I suspect a bottom 4 finish...

Hmmmm Lets Wait and see how Koroisau is used this week, and how it plays out before being too critical.

I'll back Trent on this one.

1. Raiders have a big pack.

2. They blew the dogs big pack apart, not with their own big pack, but when they played small with both their hookers out on the field at the same time, during the last 20. Hodgeson became a ball playing lock or another half in the middle of the field.

It was probably the first tactically clever thing a Ricky Stewart coached team has done ever.

Barrett isn't giving anything away ATM as to how we will play this game, employing the mirroring principle.

I'm not saying Barrett will have us playing the same way.

But I actually think we could do a lot worse then adopt that same approach this year.

We play back up the middle more then the raiders do in attack and our halves need more help especially with how limited we are with Jake playing lock.

Api was a find when he played in the halves and looked so much better at 6 or 7 then when he is at 9.

Barretts down fall in some respects is he is playing it too safe it's time he chanced his arm.

But what I do agree with, if ever there is a game where we should be playing 2 hookers and staying fresh around the ruck, It's against the raiders this week.

Ive still got a good feeling about this one.

Barrett's has made some curious selections Nathan green was most likely the most puzzling considering Symonds and Mateo being available
I can only presume that he has a theory and his own idea's on how the team should play .
On game day it doesn't translate , too many games we just don't start games well . Our defence has no urgency especially around the ruck at times there is just no fire in the belly
Could this be Barrett not getting the team up ?
Not having the same team to pick week in week out , short turn arounds , injuries ..
At the end of the day Barrett is the coach i'd like to think he has the final say on the team . but his persistence with Walker at 5/8 then to switch now show's he is a rookie coach and his selections show that .
He needs to settle on who is his top 19 and where they play and with barring injuries get these players playing to the full potential
But for me i dont think he will and next season i believe it will all start again cause DCE will be trying to get a combination going with another 5/8
Without being to hypocritical of my comments of Barrett I do think he will get there and this team will eventually have success

Footnote : i think Leary should be in the 17

At one stage I thought Leary had a bit of Watmough about him. Pity he's never been given a decent crack in one position to show his potential.

Look at how he picks the team! He names 4 small players! Brown, Koroisau, buhrer and Leary! Leary is crap get rid of him. Brown played well last week we should keep him in the backrow IMO with buhrer. Koroisau has no point of playing. Parcell plays 80, Koroisau can play 5/8 if he is in the side. Willaime over wright! Has he heard of Braydens win loss record? How Myles isn't in reserve grade blows my mind! Stupid teams have stupid coaches. Baz should be given the season to turn it around but ATM it doesn't feel like manly ATM. I thought we would struggle to make the 8 now I suspect a bottom 4 finish...

Mate I like your thoughts . Good to read an opinion that is backed by great football knowledge .

I love the bloke! Always have.
At the pride Leary struck me as being at his best on the left side of the ruck. I think he has only played there once or twice for us.

Skivvy kind of steals his thunder in any event, and plays that set up role on that side.

Leary can definitely play, I think I've just come to the conclusion he just isn't the right fit for us with others in our list.

His biggest problem now, is we have other small back rowers who are in front of him. Buhrer and Brown.

Its when not if Knight gets a game, and Liam should start in the back row or Lock from the bench to start with.

We just have too many similar players to what Leary brings, and we need the ability to bring some diversity to our back row.

I have mentioned many times, but always get howled down, that this is year 1 of a 5 year plan.

When you've been a supporter for as long as I have you get used to the ups and downs, we had a golden time in the 70's, another one in the 90's, and one in the early noughties, our time will come again the problem with Silvertails is its full of the "instant gratification Gen Y, X, Z" (or whatever they are) that expect immediate success.

Mind you everyone talking us up pre kick off didn't help, although interestingly Gus Gould (who I can't stand) reckoned we would finish about 12th, we all laughed at the time BUT he's probably about on the money.

I can't be silent anymore.

Come on maaaaate, you do not get howled down every time you say it's the first year of a 5 year plan and additionally you only started to spruik this when you said Noel Cleal or someone told you about it anyway.

You do this with Leary as well. Many people like him. Not everyone howls you down about your thoughts just in the same way not everyone in every age group but yours demands instant gratification.

In fact I think I've been much more patient with our coach and the team waiting for them to be injury free and gel as a team then a lot "of grumpy old demanding sexist baby boomers' on here.

Your thoughts are as welcome as anyone's on here (trolls excepted) so I hope you really don't think we all howl you down as you have good posts (when you're not on the road living the dream...emptying full poop containers into the ground..eww)

Not having a go, just want you to feel the fan love, and not howls of the hounds of the baskervilles

:)

At the pride Leary struck me as being at his best on the left side of the ruck. I think he has only played there once or twice for us.

Skivvy kind of steals his thunder in any event, and plays that set up role on that side.

Leary can definitely play, I think I've just come to the conclusion he just isn't the right fit for us with others in our list.

His biggest problem now, is we have other small back rowers who are in front of him. Buhrer and Brown.

Its when not if Knight gets a game, and Liam should start in the back row or Lock from the bench to start with.

We just have too many similar players to what Leary brings, and we need the ability to bring some diversity to our back row.

I hate it when people make sense on the forums. I'm not used to it. ;)

I've been thinking the same for a while now. I can't put him in front of Ferris and Brown is good utility value for the side. He's a great player still! He was going well last year, until Mason leapt on his back.

I'd like to see him back in Q-Cup. You know where....

lol

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8