• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Chip and Chase said:
So if you physically lose a player to another club but are still paying some of his salary he counts in your top 25 ? That sounds BS to me. I can understand the payments being counted in the salary cap, but to be a man down is ridiculous.

I agree. I'd be surprised if that is the case.

Chip and Chase said:
So if you physically lose a player to another club but are still paying some of his salary he counts in your top 25 ? That sounds BS to me. I can understand the payments being counted in the salary cap, but to be a man down is ridiculous.

if the club forces them out then fair enough, but to leave of their choice because hey can get more money elsewhere & us to have to only then have 24 players is a joke.
if his contract was structured that way & he chose to leave prior to it being completed imo he sacrificed the extra he could have made

If this is true then it reflects poorly on the NRL administration. To have a single player counted as contracted to two different teams is nonsensical.

Masked Eagle said:
I'm guessing its because we couldn't fit in his salary from the last few years under the cap and had to defer it to 2013, thus we are still liable for it.
Sensible posts like this are not welcome on this site! ;0)

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Manly should put it to the nrl if manly are paying him he does not play against us

Our club doctor should be able to rule him out each week!

Shoe1 said:
globaleagle said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
Manly should put it to the nrl if manly are paying him he does not play against us

That's more like it!
If Manly are paying some of his wage. Then the club has a duty of care for their employee. I don't think it is Tony's best interest to hang out with the dogs. Heaven forbid if he gets injured.

Shoe1 said:
globaleagle said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:

That's more like it!

The doctor would have an easy diagnoses: "Mr Williams, after thorough testing, has been found to have no heart, and any physical exertion is injurious to his health".

Are there any similarly "funny" contracts still in existance in our club or is this the end of what could one could say appears to be a "Hasler" clause?

Well NRL - what are you going to do about it if anything? Prove that the NRL doesn't stand for "No Real Leadership."

eagle-rock08 said:
Are there any similarly "funny" contracts still in existance in our club or is this the end of what could one could say appears to be a "Hasler" clause?

Well NRL - what are you going to do about it if anything? Prove that the NRL doesn't stand for "No Real Leadership."

I think next season should be the last one to be affected by them. From then on, it's on the current administration.

Rex said:
If this is true then it reflects poorly on the NRL administration. To have a single player counted as contracted to two different teams is nonsensical.

This.

I have no probs with paying Tony $80K if this is what he's owed.

Just ran into Daniel Harrison as he was moving out of God's Country to relocate to the West.

I thanked him for his contribution and asked why he was leaving.
He said that it was because of the T-Rex backended contracts that the Son Of Sam burdened Manly with :(

I wished him well and I believe that most Manly Fans were pleased with his contribution as well :angel:

Mr Perry - please clear the anomalies ASAP!

T-REX LEAVES A COSTLY LEGACY

EVEN THOUGH HE IS OFF TO THE BULLDOGS, Tony Williams will remain on Manly's books for 2013 -- and earn $80,000 for the pleasure. Because of a bizarre, heavily back-ended contract, the Sea Eagles will have to pay Williams (left) on top of his lavish $1.6 million three-year Bulldogs deal. What's even worse, because he will stay on Manly's payroll, the club won't be able to register a player to replace him, meaning their squad for 2013 will have only 24 players while every other NRL club will have 25. "The deal was done before we got here -- to say we are unimpressed is an understatement," a Sea Eagle staffer tells me.

http://ehis.ebscohost.com/ehost/detail?sid=1c0ff1f0-25b2-4109-93ce-60f0aa0f9e4e%40sessionmgr10&vid=1&hid=16&bdata=JnNpdGU9ZWhvc3QtbGl2ZQ%3d%3d#db=anh&AN=82478367

So he was contracted for 2013 but on a price we can't afford unless we let go of someone like Snake,Gift,Choc, Foz, DCE or Killer. Therefore as Manly saw it he was the most dispensible of the top tier rep players we have. Des heavily backended so many of these deals knowing full well we couldn't afford them all and bails out to the Dogs just before the mess he created rears its ugly head. He is responsible for this. I can't wait for all this to pass and take with it the lingering stench of his departure.

I may earn x amount of dollars to stay with my current employer in 2013.

I choose to leave my current employer and sign another and better contract with a new employer in 2013.

In any other world, other than Schubert's rugby league world, the old employer has no obligation to pay me for work performed in 2013.

Just what are Schubert's qualifications to manage contracts and player payment? He has been responsible for managing payments for a number of years and this issue showcases his legacy. This is a ridiculous and unacceptable situation, Grant should give him the Gallop treatment.

How can we possibly be paying for a player who is not at the club?

A joke if it is happening.

Des was not the only one responsible

The club signed off on the deals so they too are accountable. Or is it easier to blame a departed employee?

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8